Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

fire mage

This is a discussion on fire mage within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; If someone could answer this itd be great. Im used to only playing DCZ mages and I am going RLB ...
Page: 2

If someone could answer this itd be great. Im used to only playing DCZ mages and I am going RLB and was going to go fire.

1) Does a paper mage g1 armour get owned even with the proper jewlry?

2) I heard on this board that the 2nd ring does not give the same amount of bonuses as the first ring IE dual FRs. If this is true wouldnt it be better to go for a ROM?

3) Does the crystal fire mage put out enough damage to solo pk and can he survive? In DCZ I played a lite mage and pawnd solo

4) I hear a lot of talk about ice mages in RLB why? Ice is typically support. I am also assuming when people speak of tank mages they mean high hp and ac low dmg (support)?

tks[/b]
    1. no, it may stay alive, but u are forced to use a lycaon staff... and if u went with 112int (or 110 dun remember) you'd be able to use scorching (or other ed staff) which will give u the same or even higher dmg + u get def & dd

2. Also read about this somewhere, some1 said he checked it, but I've tried this and Im still getting the same dmg...

3. any mage can solo pk as long as he's not duffed :P if u r able to get fp dd, then go ahead, crystal is great build

4. Ice is not only a support. It's the best for supporting, but this does NOT mean ice can't kill.. Im building dmg ice mage at Ionia atm and, as far, it's doing pretty well as I said, pking solo is almost impossible, cuz u'll get duffed and easily pwned. Also in RLB there's only party pk going on. That's why ppl mostly choose support mages. But I was playing with few very good lightning supports and flame dmg mages and I really liked that pk

jpo183

1. no, it may stay alive, but u are forced to use a lycaon staff... and if u went with 112int (or 110 dun remember) you'd be able to use scorching (or other ed staff) which will give u the same or even higher dmg + u get def & dd

2. Also read about this somewhere, some1 said he checked it, but I've tried this and Im still getting the same dmg...

3. any mage can solo pk as long as he's not duffed :P if u r able to get fp dd, then go ahead, crystal is great build

4. Ice is not only a support. It's the best for supporting, but this does NOT mean ice can't kill.. Im building dmg ice mage at Ionia atm and, as far, it's doing pretty well as I said, pking solo is almost impossible, cuz u'll get duffed and easily pwned. Also in RLB there's only party pk going on. That's why ppl mostly choose support mages. But I was playing with few very good lightning supports and flame dmg mages and I really liked that pk [/b]

ok so as far as crystal fire build. I would go just enough int to use armour then rest in mp correct? I hear ppl stacking hp now ? Also I was thinking crystal build just to pick up the extra ac. I figured t1-3 armours were crap def even with good uniques. the def on ss is only 5 dd @ + 7 so would hb be the better build for rlb then t 1-3?

also if i wanted to do ice dmg wut would i stack and build wise.....i just buoght a crap load of fire stuff so I could easily get ice stuff with that. 1 flame ring = 2-3 shio on diez

I'm not quite sure what he said... but if he did mean blading, that's impossible to hit 500-700 with scorching 8 and dual Frs +1. I spammed 700-800s usually with elixir +8 and FR +1 and FR +0 on Girakon while the mage was outlvled, lvl 79, (everyone on gold prem and server was new)... so if you are telling me that your max (700) with fire blade hits the same as my minimum with fire STAFF and pretty much same gear... then there is something wrong.[/b]
    I meant that nobody can hit 700 with 42 skill. With 72 it's possible, but not with 42 skill. When I use the 42 skill with my 80 mage I only hit 500/600 (with absolute on). 72 damages fluctuate from 700-950.

Hope it's clear now. I know my english sucks .

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

I meant that nobody can hit 700 with 42 skill. With 72 it's possible, but not with 42 skill. When I use the 42 skill with my 80 mage I only hit 500/600 (with absolute on). 72 damages fluctuate from 700-950.

Hope it's clear now. I know my english sucks .[/b]
    Ya that's what I was saying too . Impossible to hit 500+ with fire blade as DCZ with scorching +8 and dual FRs +1.

ILoveYouToo

Hope it's clear now. I know my english sucks .[/b]
    If you hit 700-950 with fr's +3 when i get frs +2 i'll be hitting like 1k on some people =D

If you hit 700-950 with fr's +3 when i get frs +2 i'll be hitting like 1k on some people =D[/b]
    I don't get the logic of that.... u'll be hitting people more with a lower + on the FRs?

ILoveYouToo

I don't get the logic of that.... u'll be hitting people more with a lower + on the FRs?[/b]
    i hit for the same when i'm full mp and frs +1....get it now?

i hit for the same when i'm full mp and frs +1....get it now?[/b]
    ah got it... but not once have I seen someone do 1k yet with fire staff.

ILoveYouToo

It can be done. I will go paper with my fulitol +8. when i do i'll post ss. my best dmg so far was 930 but i had dual fr +1 and i was complete build

ok so as far as crystal fire build. I would go just enough int to use armour then rest in mp correct? I hear ppl stacking hp now ? Also I was thinking crystal build just to pick up the extra ac. I figured t1-3 armours were crap def even with good uniques. the def on ss is only 5 dd @ + 7 so would hb be the better build for rlb then t 1-3?

also if i wanted to do ice dmg wut would i stack and build wise.....i just buoght a crap load of fire stuff so I could easily get ice stuff with that. 1 flame ring = 2-3 shio on diez[/b]
    yep, crystal build is way better than t1-t3

as for dmg ice mage, go with the same stats as for fire - 144int, rest mp and get yourself the highest + of shio's - since they are cheaper, you will get the same dmg while blading, and a close dmg with other skills

but to work well with MP build u'll need the rest uniques to bump your hp a lot, so u NEED a glass belt (defs + some hp/mana), EP +2/3 (imo better than IN) and some nice earrings - dual LKP, let's say +2(+3 ingame), will do very well

ah got it... but not once have I seen someone do 1k yet with fire staff.[/b]
    I did... at some noob :P

jpo183

yep, crystal build is way better than t1-t3

as for dmg ice mage, go with the same stats as for fire - 144int, rest mp and get yourself the highest + of shio's - since they are cheaper, you will get the same dmg while blading, and a close dmg with other skills

but to work well with MP build u'll need the rest uniques to bump your hp a lot, so u NEED a glass belt (defs + some hp/mana), EP +2/3 (imo better than IN) and some nice earrings - dual LKP, let's say +2(+3 ingame), will do very well
    I did... at some noob :P[/b]

I guess the last question to be decided is do people carry more fire resis or glacier resis in RLB? It could offset the whole argument

I guess the last question to be decided is do people carry more fire resis or glacier resis in RLB? It could offset the whole argument[/b]
    h34r: no idea

don't think there are ppl who care about one of the ressists.. it's more like they get uniques with 10 (or so) resists to all

jpo183

as ice would you pick up the garp =7 or oasis +7 cant get a +8

garp, it was already said, that biff staffs > ed staffs

well my max dmg with 72lvl staff = 1050 255 mp complate build with aztec fulitol +7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12