What next for my ice mage's build

This is a discussion on What next for my ice mage's build within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Current build Complete +8 set Elix8, GE8 Shiro2, Shiro1, dual ROL GB IN CE+2 WSE+1 I tend to use the ...
Page: 1

work

Current build
    Complete +8 set
    Elix8, GE8
    Shiro2, Shiro1, dual ROL
    GB
    IN
    CE+2
    WSE+1

I tend to use the GE8 more than Elix8, but I feel like I'm wasting some points in stats cause the GE8 has a low requirement. I'm level 80. I don't want to be pure support mage. So here are my questions

1. Should I try to upgrade my earings? To what?
    2. Should I get some crystal armor +9 pieces and restat and add to MP so can have 255mp?
    3. What would the next best staff be? Oasis +8?
    4. Trade in the GB and get an IB?

Thanks for your input.

oldboy

Current build
    Complete +8 set
    Elix8, GE8----get rid of the elixir for an oasis+8 keep the Ge+8 if u dont have ur personal pole i like the resist of the ge+8 for raiding ew ect
    Shiro2, Shiro1, dual ROL
    GB
    IN
    CE+2
    WSE+1

I tend to use the GE8 more than Elix8, but I feel like I&#39;m wasting some points in stats cause the GE8 has a low requirement. I&#39;m level 80. I don&#39;t want to be pure support mage. So here are my questionsif u dont want to be support i say go fire or light...ice IS a support build unless ur in a newer server with this gear..if u do go fire trade the shios for flame rings obviously go crystal+9 schorching+8/hellblood<--my favorite and im not sure about statting ill get back to u if ur interested

1. Should I try to upgrade my earings? To what? earrings r good for most servers but if its ares/diez w.e maybe a BE+3 buy it now and if u dont like it hope for rollback
    2. Should I get some crystal armor +9 pieces and restat and add to MP so can have 255mp?[i]not as ice if u wanted to go fire then yea thats a pwn build but as ice nah support is best[/i]
    3. What would the next best staff be? Oasis +8? definitly i <3 oasis especially w/o fp dd or other rare dd helm if u dont like that go for garp+8 if u want to do some nice dmg m
    4. Trade in the GB and get an IB?depends on the server if its ares and every rogue has crit then prolly but if its more manes-gira then na the mana bonus is good

Thanks for your input.[/b]
    and last of all give me ur info to pk/ft/dungeon

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Current build
    Complete +8 set
    Elix8, GE8
    Shiro2, Shiro1, dual ROL
    GB
    IN
    CE+2
    WSE+1

I tend to use the GE8 more than Elix8, but I feel like I&#39;m wasting some points in stats cause the GE8 has a low requirement. I&#39;m level 80. I don&#39;t want to be pure support mage. So here are my questions

2. Should I get some crystal armor +9 pieces and restat and add to MP so can have 255mp?

Well from what I can see, your looking on becoming like I wa
    s, an ice mage that can do damage. Basically I was lvl 77 ice mage, doing like 650-750 with ice staff and the spells were pretty hard hitting also.

so here

Best comination for earrings for a mage is Dual LKP/SSE + LKP/Dual LKP, respectively. So even though you might think that CE is similiar to LKP, its not. So if you can sell those 2 earrings that you have and with a little extra cash get dual LKP +1, then that is your best option.

Restating for an extra 8 mp and taking off so much AC, never. So best is stay complete set +8 with 160 int and 247, so therefore you will have amazing AC and you will also do amzing damage with ice staff/spells.

If you are the kind of person that likes to do 1on1s and likes to hit more with ice staff then spells, then definetly go for Garp +8. I find it much more effective hitting up people with ice staff while doing 650-750 damage with my garp then using far-away spells to try and ks something. A word of advice, since you have GE+8, keep that, sell your elixir +8 and get the Garp +8. So therefore when you are mostly using ice staff you should be using ur garp +8, and when you are playing "support" in your party, meaning helping out members by icing with AOEs, then switch to GE +8, since GE +8 has greater effect on spells then the Garp +8, while the Garp +8 hits more with ice staff then GE +8.

No, I suggest you stay with GB.

p.s. if ur canadian holla me up, i&#39;ll make ur mage famous :P

oh edit: you dont need the ROLs, since the Shios are a BIG ++++ to your ice effect while using GE +8

Imhotep

Well from what I can see, your looking on becoming like I wa
    s, an ice mage that can do damage. Basically I was lvl 77 ice mage, doing like 650-750 with ice staff and the spells were pretty hard hitting also.

so here

Best comination for earrings for a mage is Dual LKP/SSE + LKP/Dual LKP, respectively. So even though you might think that CE is similiar to LKP, its not. So if you can sell those 2 earrings that you have and with a little extra cash get dual LKP +1, then that is your best option.

Restating for an extra 8 mp and taking off so much AC, never. So best is stay complete set +8 with 160 int and 247, so therefore you will have amazing AC and you will also do amzing damage with ice staff/spells.

If you are the kind of person that likes to do 1on1s and likes to hit more with ice staff then spells, then definetly go for Garp +8. I find it much more effective hitting up people with ice staff while doing 650-750 damage with my garp then using far-away spells to try and ks something. A word of advice, since you have GE+8, keep that, sell your elixir +8 and get the Garp +8. So therefore when you are mostly using ice staff you should be using ur garp +8, and when you are playing "support" in your party, meaning helping out members by icing with AOEs, then switch to GE +8, since GE +8 has greater effect on spells then the Garp +8, while the Garp +8 hits more with ice staff then GE +8.

No, I suggest you stay with GB.

p.s. if ur canadian holla me up, i&#39;ll make ur mage famous :P

oh edit: you dont need the ROLs, since the Shios are a BIG ++++ to your ice effect while using GE +8[/b]

Agreed to pretty much all of that ^^ Shios = Attack / Rols = Support, oh and I&#39;d still get the Ironbelt over glass belt unless you could get a +1 GB or something

Current build
    Complete +8 set
    Elix8, GE8
    Shiro2, Shiro1, dual ROL
    GB
    IN
    CE+2
    WSE+1

I tend to use the GE8 more than Elix8, but I feel like I&#39;m wasting some points in stats cause the GE8 has a low requirement. I&#39;m level 80. I don&#39;t want to be pure support mage. So here are my questions

being 80 ur not going to exp again im guessing o,O so why go 255 mp? when anything after 220 mp isnt counted in pk.. just liek the + from armours/jewels doesnt help in pk.. so thats 35 points u could have go into hp o,O

Imhotep

being 80 ur not going to exp again im guessing o,O so why go 255 mp? when anything after 220 mp isnt counted in pk.. just liek the + from armours/jewels doesnt help in pk.. so thats 35 points u could have go into hp o,O[/b]

Huh ? And where did u get this from ?

umm yeah since when?

i was told about it in KE.. im guessing its not true then huh >_<