Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Was amazed to see things are still here!! Not sure anyone would even remember me!

This is a discussion on Was amazed to see things are still here!! Not sure anyone would even remember me! within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by ScreameR i gotta disagree on this one tho, you might indeed have to spent hundreds on a ...
Page: 6

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScreameR View Post
    i gotta disagree on this one tho, you might indeed have to spent hundreds on a new server's launch to get the most fun out of it. That's true, but you are missing something important there. I played Orion and Midgard, from launchday till 2-4 months after launch, it was kind of a big grind at the beginning tho but it was very entertaining and if you have a group of fun people to play, it's all worth it. The population in colony zone is insane, the people are nice, there's alot of english speaking players and clans to join. Yes you'll have to spent a few hundred, but now here come's the good part. It took me 5 minutes to sell all my items in-game for gold bars, and another 5 min to sell the gold bars to a different player, and at the end i ended up with the exact same amount of money i put in there, and i had so much fun!
    I dunno man. I enjoyed farming, working for my items, doing events, doing some group and solo pk.

None of those ways of playing are viable anymore. Farming seems dead and as a result working for your items also is (no real progression). Bossing can hardly be used to make money anymore, even the best drops from gems / chests / frags are hot garbage unless at +8/+9, solo pk is defunct.

Group pk I guess still remains, so yay for that.

Your post mostly deals with recovering the money you spend, I never once touched that point. Good to know there are still a ton of people willing to spend hundreds if not thousands buying items from other players. It certainly makes it feel less embarrassing to make NTT richer that way.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by JayClaiba View Post
    5K would be the price to pay if you want the highest ap, tons of anti-def, more weapons than you could ever need (3 daggers and 2 jamadars lol), more accessories than you would need (WP+2 and Judicious+2 for the magey days/ CSW), etc.

Due to the presence of +10 items the market is stablized on Gordion of course it's cheaper to gear a PK ready rogue. Now, I'm not disagreeing with you but if you spent 2k on Europa you'll also have a PK ready char, albeit his stats will be scaled down in magnitude.

I also agree that Gordion would have more skilled players. Firstly, there are more players. Furthermore since it's so easy to gear a PK ready char and not have his gears get outdated, more people PK, resulting in a highly competitive server.

Europa may have much fewer players, but just about an hour ago today (6:30 PM GMT-5, 12:30AM KOST) roughly 2 hours past peak hours, we had a competitive 8v8 going. You may get the idea that Europa has fewer skilled players from my movies, but a good bit of my clips are wayy past peak hours, so the Turks that I'm pking against are either sleepy, have no jobs (therefore weaker gear), or they're Peruvians.

Here's a raw recording from that PK sesh I was just citing, my party is entirely Turkish but two of them could speak English clearly and most could understand when I spoke. This clip may seem uneventful since only two kills were made.. but the opposing party had one of the best support mages (he never makes a bad TP). I have more clips (better and longer) but I plan on saving them for a movie I'll make after finals. If you watch it all I do some pretty good support, almost saved our DB in the end.

Thanks for the good server discussion, I'm off to study now, enjoy.

Might still be processing, RAW 60fps fraps recordings are big on filesize.. 3 minutes = 12 gigs lol
    If that's considered good PK in your opinion, I can't imagine what would you think of PK in a different server.

You should really try to PK in Gordion one day

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Oh please... not again.

I can't compete with turks? In what sense? Oh you mean that I'm not willing to waste hundreds in dragon boxes? Then yes, you'd be right in that case. C-west was easy indeed, never said it wasn't.

Your flawed mindset regarding USKO and PSKO exists because you seem to be deluded into thinking that you can only have fun as long as you're guaranteed to preserve what you "invested" in. It's like saying that going to the movies isn't worth it because you don't get to keep the blu-ray. I mean, you've played this game for 8 years straight, I don't expect you to understand the meaning of casual fun. KO isn't a way of life, nor is it a proper mmo, stop thinking it's one. Stop believing that a game is only worth it if you get to squeeze what little enjoyment is left from it for years on end.

PSKO tend to have a short lifespan, but they're very fun. Starting over is fun every now and then. No, you don't have to constantly start over as soon as the previous one ends because no one in their right mind would play KO for a prolonged amount of time nowadays, let alone 8 years nonstop. Think of PSKO as console RPGs or story driven games. Those are fun, but yes, there comes a point where you reach the end. You look back and think, that was a ton of fun! Maybe I'll play one in some time again.

Looking back, I could have spent hundreds in Midgard, but what for? USKO is not the same anymore, it's not fun to me. To say that it's more competitive nowadays, now that USKO has less players and is more pay-to-win than ever before, is nothing but a blatant lie. Maybe we have different definitions of what 'competitive' means.

All in all, as someone who isn't horribly biased after 8 years of KO, I would not recommend ever starting in USKO again. None of what I said in the topic I quoted is false, as much as it hurts the #1 USKO fanboy to admit it. USKO improved? When 90% of the top tier items come from PUS gambling stuff, farming is non existent, you need more than 50$ spent every month to keep up, and more than 3 tiers of unique weapons are completely obsolete? Haha.

I used to think official was the be-all end-all as well. Because tbh most PSKO seem very unappealing at first, and quite frankly most are awful, but every now and then some gems do show up.
    1. I was referring to the time they're willing to put into this game and money as well but, honestly, I would be surprised if you could compete with an average skilled Turkish player today.
    Back in 2004-2011, when the game servers were hosted in the US and every single player from Turkey was lagging most of the day, if you couldn't play better than Turks people would call you a noob but today it's different.
    An average skilled Turkish player would play better than an average skilled English player.

2. Not necessarily, trust me, I could care less about investing money and perhaps even time if it's fun but starting all over again from 0 repeatedly just seem a bit pointless in my opinion.
    IF there was an actual PSKO that you could play in without having to start over from 0 every single time, that would make sense. But starting from nothing every single time is just considered as a waste of time in my opinion.
    I am not talking about investments part or the time you're putting into it.

And I haven't played KO for 8years straight, I have started to play on Aug 04 and had my breaks in between. Yes, even during C-West days and Anatolia. Gordion as well.
    You are making these assumptions based on what? lol.

You're just assuming that the only game I ever played is KO lol ;D.
    I have played many MMOs, MOBA and FPS (still do btw) and I personally didn't find any game more entertaining than KO's PVP.
    Everyone has their own preferences, I personally believe that if you experienced an interesting PVP and had a group of skilled players to play with (as if you are good player), you would look at this whole game at a different perspective.
    Guess what? most of the current USKO's players would even agree with me.

3. It's true that the population has decreased, but that's all thanks for the K2, not because the actual game isn't good enough.
    NTTGame is doing a pretty good job fixing it and I would honestly be surprised if many players wouldn't come back once it would be released on Steam.
    I know about over 15 different players that started in Gordion (eng ones) just because they heard it will be released on steam soon.

Just because G4L isn't what it used to be and you don't see as many ENG speaking players posting here as back then it doesn't mean the game is entirely dead. It's just getting better now, step by step.

4. That would be the true only for new servers, at old servers, you don't have to continuously spend money for improving your gear because there are new items.
    That's the main reason you would never see me starting my own character at the new servers with the current state of PUS, I never said it's right what they did with the PUS subject but in old servers, if someone would exchange 5000 dragon boxes for example it would feel like he exchanged 5000 blue chests, none would care and that wouldn't affect the server AT ALL.

Your comments would always be negative about USKO and it almost feels like you keep trying to convince people to don't even try USKO only because,
    you don't like it and that's only because you can't compete with the current population in this game.

So far, during the last year, neither of the players that I have played with (talking about those who came back to play) quitted because they were disappointed.
    My comments are mostly based on facts, not just my personal opinions, I am not forcing nor trying to convince anyone to start playing there are facts and opinions, it's their choice to decide what to actually care about.
    Last edited by Adi; 12-10-2015 at 10:09 PM.

I dunno man. I enjoyed farming, working for my items, doing events, doing some group and solo pk.

None of those ways of playing are viable anymore. Farming seems dead and as a result working for your items also is (no real progression). Bossing can hardly be used to make money anymore, even the best drops from gems / chests / frags are hot garbage unless at +8/+9, solo pk is defunct.

Group pk I guess still remains, so yay for that.

Your post mostly deals with recovering the money you spend, I never once touched that point. Good to know there are still a ton of people willing to spend hundreds if not thousands buying items from other players. It certainly makes it feel less embarrassing to make NTT richer that way.
    miss seeing your arse in war

Starting from 0 / doing a temporary activity can hardly be seen as a waste of time as long as you're having fun. People forget what the point of these games are it seems. My example was lost on you as expected.

I can't compete with turks? Average skilled? Not even going to fall for that low quality bait. You don't even know how I play. FYI I'm from south america sir, I have always lagged, even now. My ping to US servers is 160-220 and back in the day it was even higher. Easy to notice the delay in any of my movies.

Anyways, enough of that. I've said this before, I'd rather have a blast in a properly balanced (and arguably more active) PS for 2-3 months than to be slave of NTT for a rather minimal amount of fun, even if I get to keep an account that won't be used anymore.

Also: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fact?s=t You know, because you don't seem to know what a fact means.

@wnx, likewise, I miss killing spotty and co.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Starting from 0 / doing a temporary activity can hardly be seen as a waste of time as long as you're having fun. People forget what the point of these games are it seems. My example was lost on you as expected.

I can't compete with turks? Average skilled? Not even going to fall for that low quality bait. You don't even know how I play. FYI I'm from south america sir, I have always lagged, even now. My ping to US servers is 160-220 and back in the day it was even higher. Easy to notice the delay in any of my movies.

Anyways, enough of that. I've said this before, I'd rather have a blast in a properly balanced (and arguably more active) PS for 2-3 months than to be slave of NTT for a rather minimal amount of fun, even if I get to keep an account that won't be used anymore.

Also: Fact | Define Fact at Dictionary.com You know, because you don't seem to know what a fact means.

@wnx, likewise, I miss killing spotty and co.
    As I said, anyone can have his own preferences. You prefer private servers, I prefer playing in a licensed version.

And fyi, back then, Peruvian's connection was way better than Turk's.
    I don't remember Peruvians getting a "peru dc" unlike Turks.

The internet in Turkey is just horrible(2015) compared to the rest of the world, in fact, there are players from Turkey lagging even today sometimes, while the server is located right bellow their nose.
    Imagine their connection back in 09? 08 and earlier. While it was hosted in Cali, US.

Quote Originally Posted by Adi View Post
    As I said, anyone can have his own preferences. You prefer private servers, I prefer playing in a licensed version.

And fyi, back then, Peruvian's connection was way better than Turk's.
    I don't remember Peruvians getting a "peru dc" unlike Turks.

The internet in Turkey is just horrible(2015) compared to the rest of the world, in fact, there are players from Turkey lagging even today sometimes, while the server is located right bellow their nose.
    Imagine their connection back in 09? 08 and earlier. While it was hosted in Cali, US.
    No, you prefer the licensed version because you don't "lose" your items earned there and that's it. Don't bring up new 'facts' to the table this late.

I prefer having real fun. As fleeting as it may be. Which is odd because I normally tend to prefer long lasting choices over brief ones, but its different for this specific scenario.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

No, you prefer the licensed version because you don't "lose" your items earned there and that's it. Don't bring up new 'facts' to the table this late.

I prefer having real fun. As fleeting as it may be. Which is odd because I normally tend to prefer long lasting choices over brief ones, but its different for this specific scenario.
    Nope. I brought this not losing value of my items subject up only because you said, and I quote:
    USKO improved? When 90% of the top tier items come from PUS gambling stuff, farming is non existent, you need more than 50$ spent every month to keep up
    Don't take my words out of context, you tend to do that often.

And believe me, if it was indeed as you're presenting it, I would've just played at new servers, resell there for the first few months and quit.
    But I don't do that, do I? I am just after PVP at this point, I could care less about money.

The PVP in Gordion is stable, it's not like I'll login one day and notice that the entire server stopped playing and moved to a different server. (which is usually the case at USKO's new servers and private servers)
    Even when NTTGame releases a new server, it barely affects the old servers, which is one more reason why I rather play in an old server.

...what? I didn't take anything out of context, but forget it. Not worth the time of quoting specific bits to prove a point that will be ignored anyway. It'd be pathetic, if it isn't already.

Anyway, gl in whatever you choose Felix pm me if you need info on private server. A really good one full of english speakers will release soon.

SuperSin Senior Member JayClaiba's Avatar

If that's considered good PK in your opinion, I can't imagine what would you think of PK in a different server.

You should really try to PK in Gordion one day
    I posted it merely to prove the point that there is competitive/noncompetitive pk going on in Europa.. never did I say it was good pk, just an 8v8. Rewatching it now I don't really like it, it seemslike I 1 hit that warrior but I didn't, also slept on the opportunity to kill pineapple but I think at the time I was thinking of saving CP for the priest (which was a fail).

I'm saving the good 6 minute recording where we pounded them in, our party 12 kills to their 3, for my next movie.

Got any clips of Gordion CZ a few hours past its peak time?

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by JayClaiba View Post
    I posted it merely to prove the point that there is competitive/noncompetitive pk going on in Europa.. never did I say it was good pk, just an 8v8. Rewatching it now I don't really like it, it seemslike I 1 hit that warrior but I didn't, also slept on the opportunity to kill pineapple but I think at the time I was thinking of saving CP for the priest (which was a fail).

I'm saving the good 6 minute recording where we pounded them in, our party 12 kills to their 3, for my next movie.

Got any clips of Gordion CZ a few hours past its peak time?
    Yup, working on a new video, not a short one tho.
    Will probably be a 15-20min video.
    8vs32's , 8vs24, 8v16 and organized 8v8's etc.

Kinda stuck with music atm :/

SuperSin Senior Member JayClaiba's Avatar

Yup, working on a new video, not a short one tho.
    Will probably be a 15-20min video.
    8vs32's , 8vs24, 8v16 and organized 8v8's etc.

Kinda stuck with music atm :/
    Artist block man it's real

Razor said pretty much everything necessary about USKO. I've had plenty of friends join the new servers and every single one of them has said the same things about USKO.
    - Not enough players after a month or so.
    - Not worth playing unless you spend tons of money.

I heard they've managed to get rid of most of the cheaters though. That's a big change. Then again k0xpers are still camping bowl whenever chaos stone spawns or felankor spawns. Really would recommend you to stay away from USKO unless you have already invested money in there. The only reason anybody should even touch the game is if you have a fully geared character already.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    You guys never got the proper Scobbies (I'm guessing you're based in NA?). Evo's are ticking time bombs most of the time (the AYC which is vital to the Evo's agility can and often does goes wrong and you might as well pull your pants down and bend over and touch your toes. because you are going to get screwed hard in repair costs) and need even more insane service intervals than even my Impreza (Evo X FQ3** needs an oil service every frigging 2000 miles!). Also when you start modding your Evo (trust me you will end up doing it) you will cry at the rate it starts gulping down fuel (then again if you're in N.A it's not like you pay that much for fuel).

There is only one Evo worth owning and that's an Evo VI TM , in red with the white striping and wheels. It's a really big different world from owning and being a part of the car culture than driving one on Forza/Gran Turismo.
    After many years of working hard I got my first evo! had for over a year now, not a single problem.. My best friend (who also shared a ko addiction with me lol) has had his evo for 3 years, ~650 awhp stock crank, stock drivetrain (besides twin disk clutch), 27k miles and counting on build he dont launch it though, we're broke evo owners lol.. dog box and shep t case and their bulletproof. But honestly, even if they blew up everyday, they're just so damn sexy lol

PS: played ares for many years, Bully; was in DeadShotCorps, Liquidroom. Alot of names on here I remember seeing.. I dont think ill ever enjoy a game like i did KO back then!! I ended up getting to play 000's sin once, I knew the guy who bought it! I felt like god!
    Felix likes this.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ares_bp View Post
    After many years of working hard I got my first evo! had for over a year now, not a single problem.. My best friend (who also shared a ko addiction with me lol) has had his evo for 3 years, ~650 awhp stock crank, stock drivetrain (besides twin disk clutch), 27k miles and counting on build he dont launch it though, we're broke evo owners lol.. dog box and shep t case and their bulletproof. But honestly, even if they blew up everyday, they're just so damn sexy lol

PS: played ares for many years, Bully; was in DeadShotCorps, Liquidroom. Alot of names on here I remember seeing.. I dont think ill ever enjoy a game like i did KO back then!! I ended up getting to play 000's sin once, I knew the guy who bought it! I felt like god!
    I really don't like the Evo from 10 onwards, like the Impreza it lost it's way once they stopped doing WRC.

Cy's build was very similar to mine, but he liked to use and iron belt over a skelly belt like I did with the Felix I gave away on these forums all those years ago.

I managed to beat people in pk playing from a Greek NET cafe back in 2006, even managed to do a couple of CSW while I was seeing my Greek clan members during the original OutKasteD days.

To me it seems that the game engine is still basically the same, but with a lot added on. Dumar is having a read of things, but it just seems like it's just the same game with just different named items to aim for. Not really progress IMO
    ares_bp likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ares_bp View Post
    dont tell anyone about the hp absorb shard, it was a secret
    Jamm1n, SkyHunter, Adi and 3 others like this.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast