Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Article on K2 Network

This is a discussion on Article on K2 Network within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; "Knight Online World" – Popular in Eastern Europe. LOL turkey is in eastern europe isnt it :P "Global MU Online" ...
Page: 4

"Knight Online World" – Popular in Eastern Europe.
    LOL turkey is in eastern europe isnt it :P

"Global MU Online" multiplayer role-playing game – Many fans in Brazil, Poland and Turkey.
    move turkey to kow pls

Pixiecatt

well, in the voice mail message he left me he said he would wait to see what kind of responses he got then possibly do a follow up., we can only hope....

La_cosa

Dear Mr. Stewart.

I just finish reading ur article on the farse of a company K2. If U don't mind I will quote some of your article and do a few lines of rebutle from a gammers point of view. This point of view is from a gammer that started playing KO in august of 2004 and has been playing since

Quote: Every company must listen to customers, of course, but K2 needs especially strong ties to its players since it has an innovative business model that at first sounds like a money-losing proposition: Gamers play for free.
    While agreed that it is a Free to play to an extent. Try to log into the game during Peek turkish player time it is a joke. Some times being a premium user I cannot even log into the game during those times. The strong ties are non existent. That has been proven time and time again with there lack of customer Support.

Quote: The company makes money by convincing players to outfit their game characters with extra weapons or special abilities, which can come in handy when confronted with a gigantic rabbit. Other players upgrade to $8-a-month premium memberships that offer improved customer service,
    As a gammer I have limited options on how I can deal with issues. 1 Submit a CS ticket, 2 call them personally, 3 Complain to the BBB, or 4 ask fellow gammers for contact information of people that they have dealt with in CS. I have done all 4 and the out come was that option 4 is the best out there. I personally have submited Cs tickets for something that is as trival as having a secret question changed. It took me 3 months of non responsive Customer service to finally ask a fellow player for an email of some one that I could speak to. From there it took me 6 more emails that I have saved to just get 1/3 of my complaints rectified. Also there have been instances one there Main forums that post have been deleted if there refured to there lack of Customer Service. There are numerous other articles that praise the security as K2 company as a whole. Those are also quite humorous. With there being database injection of items and levels. During on of those times of database hackings the data base or there so called data base glitch. People were Deleved from the upper 60s to lvl 30 at that time the lvl cap was lvl 70 and the time to get to that lvl is tremendous. I myself lost 33 lvls . Some have gotten there Lvls returned to them while other such as my self have not. I even went as far as not purchasing premium on my account till they resolved my issues this started in august to this day issues have not been resolved. I am assuming that the sources that U got from this article is from K2 itself. There business model is awesome for an online gamming point of view I will give u that. There Customer based association with the customer is non existent. Pose as a customer and try to get some service from them give them a call and see if U get a response. I will even Let u use one of my many accounts that has issues on it if U prefer and see what U can do. Lets see how frustrated U get with dealing with them. Just as a test of there customer ties. I understand that U had a job to do and u did it to the best of ur ability with the sources that U were given. If it wasn't for the people that I play with in this game I would have left it a while ago. KO is an awesome game but U can only take some much of the duping macroering hackings database injections corrupt GMs and lack of Customer service. That is why there are loosing a lot of there legit customer base and it is becoming a cheaters haven. With a client base this large U would think that there would be more GMs than what there is. Come on Ko4life there are people on there that have ties to K2 such as former GM they can attest to some of these things. Maybe with enough articles showing there lack of Customer care we can shame them into doing something about it.

I my self would love to see a follow up article and so would the entire KO4life forums members.

Muhahha add that to the list

Virtus

Invade k2 office pls ? h43r:

Pixiecatt

Hey La Cosa? Can I be like you when I grow up? thats very well written!!! Keep the emails going guys!!!

Originally posted by morax+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(morax)</div>
    Originally posted by wraith86@
    <!--QuoteBegin-morax

KO is a cash cow... K2 will milk it until eventually everyone leaves and then they might think of ways they should have listened to their customers. Not that they will care they will move onto another game to host... business wise this is smart... as far as customer relations go... its shit.

I hope that guy looks at your post lutz then does some research, K2 is a publicity machine, they are good at writing propaganda and spreading lies about the quality of their service etc. *

Someone from a respectable online magazine should write the truth probably too scared of being sued though.

+1 except the scared of being sued part... wtf is that about?
    Well if K2 can proove a magazine / website has effected there business by saying things that cant actually be proven they would sue [/b]
    yea...i think it would fall under slander/libel....but those cases rarely win..and i mean RARELY! Forgot why its so hard to prove...damn shouldve listened in AP government.

"say employees at K2's headquarters at the Irvine Spectrum."

lmfao wtf?

k2 hq is @ irvine spectrum? i'm there like every other week

Originally posted by wynne.+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wynne.)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Conin

Is it me or is that guy's head a big funny shape

wahhahaahha just said that on ventrilo lolol[/b]

when this guy looks at ko4life from the letter lutz sent hes gonna see everyone making fun of his head XDXDXDXDXDXD

La_cosa

Originally posted by Pixiecatt
    Hey La Cosa? *Can I be like you when I grow up? *thats very well written!!! *Keep the emails going guys!!!
    Thank you and thank god for spell check I can't spell a lick. Oh and the guys head edit that to another pic LOL

Manilas

Default My participation

Dear Colin Stewart

I am writing to you about the recent article you have writen about K2 Network.

Let me explain abit the situation.

Every online game has a set of rules which every players agree when they install the game on their computer. When someone break these rules, that player is then punished as by those rules made by the company. A game master, someone who moderates the game, is the one to inflict those punishments.

Now, I don't know about other K2 Network game, I am here to talk about Knight Online.

The situation of this game was good when it came out in 2004 but in the last few months, the situation has gone from bad to worse.

Let me explain.

1 - In this game, we have what we call Koxpers. These are cheaters which download a program called Koxp which gives huge advantages in the game which isn't tolerated by the terms of service of K2 network. At this moment, they increase in numbers day after day and players who follows the terms of service see very few act against these players which should be punished by the rules. No action from K2 network are shown to improve the situation. They write multiple news announcements that they are going to fight against these cheaters but have token no action in a long time. There is 9 servers hosted for Knight Online and only 2 of them (Olympia and Pathos) have game masters working hard to do their job.

2 - All players have a way of contacting customer support through the game website. It is clearly writen that any players that has a premium membership on the day he sends a message to customer support, they will reply within 24 hours of that message to a maximum of 72 hours in extreme case. Multiple time has it happened to many players to wait days or even weeks to get an answer. Some of them never got an answer also. Myself, once, I have waited 3 weeks to get an answer when I had premium membership.

The company even got an F ranking in the last few months on the Better Business Bureau.

All of this has started ever since they released their first expansion for Knight Online : Knight Empire. It was released in September 2005.

Like you said in your article, a popular game attracts cheaters but a company has many different ways of dealing with them: customer support, ingame game masters, hackshields and other various ways. Currently, customer gives out pre-made answers at all time, game masters on most servers are rarely logged in and the program "X-trap" which K2 Network uses to filter cheaters have proven to be bypassed easily.

So, players which do not use these cheats have started a cummnity this month. This community decided to not renew their premium membership so that K2 Network reacts in hope they will follow their own term of services they created. In 70 hours, over 1000 players joined this cummunity and numbers are growing on a daily basis.

This community fights to make the game better in anyway possible. They have tried talking with K2 Network, they have tried dealing themselves with the cheaters and they have tried with the Better Business Bureau. All to no avail. So, they decided to use a last option. They decided to let the money talk. If K2 Network sees decrease in revenues, maybe they will see that something is happening with their customers and maybe they will start listening.

In reaction to this community, K2 Network have tried to censur the community and break it down by deleting the threads made on their website forum where players sharing this cause were gathering to support each other.

I will write you below a few links that could be usefull to you to get even more information on this matter.
    Game policies
    * http://www.knightonlineworld.com/policies.php
    Community threads
    * Since many of them were deleted to censur the community, I have saved all of them in html documents and zipped them. Here is the link to over 30 pages of complaints of players.
    http://files.filefront.com/Complaintszip/;...;/fileinfo.html

If you have readed, as you see, many players and their guild they formed in the game are supporting this cause and we take this matter seriously. We are trying to do everything that's in our power to make things change.

If you have any questions or would require some more information, I invite you to contact me.

Email : ********************
    Phone number : ************

Thank you for your time and patience

La_cosa

Ahh nice.

wraith86

the problem here is not only the koxpers but K2 refusing to fix other bugs in general (scrolls dissapearing, skillbar bug) and the servers going down on average of 2-3 times per day for 1-2 hours.

Manilas

Yeah, I know Wraith.

But, I am sure you agree that the Koxpers is the more urgent situation.

wraith86

yes it is but what im saying is if your going to show the real K2 to the person you have to show them the wrongs they do directly (lying about reimbursing premium days, servers always crashing, no customer support, and not trying to fix bugs)

Manilas

Well, Alreayd sent my email, would be stupid sending another one for things I forgot.

Here is his email : [email protected]

An participate on showing whats the true face of K2 Network

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast