Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Dont make a region specific server

This is a discussion on Dont make a region specific server within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; WOW do region based servers and it works well. I went on the BETA and it was amazing , I ...
Page: 3

sime217

WOW do region based servers and it works well.

I went on the BETA and it was amazing , I would happily leave Diez in a flash to get on to a region server.

No I am not racist I just like the idea of haing a comunity in the server that speaks English and has a more western attitude to sellign and buying stuff. I hate havign to haggle none stop , I hate having to deal with rudeness , I hate how alot of the time they will make it a war on Turkey v's your party. Yeah there are some good Turkish people in this game but I want the choice to be able to enjoy a english only server. They should do one for the Turks to IMO.[/b]
    Ya, and in addition to the rudeness, we all experience it. The constant "Sies" after pms really piss me off. You don't really see English people saying: "Fuck off you fucking queer" after you pm them..

We obviously can't cooperate with one another; we should be seperated.

Banned

Not sure why k2/gamers would even be thinking of making a region specific server. Its a limiting and stupid idea and eventually would lead to a ghost server.

There are a lot of great gamers from Turkey, China,Spain and the host of other non american european countries. Not having them on a server would make it a boring server. The problem are the KOXPers and right now they dont have anything to lose by cheating because they can make another free account and start again. This has been the problem all along.
    Get rid of the free accounts for any new servers. Keep the existing servers for free and payto play people that wish to play on them.

Make any new servers open to anyone paying silver prem and above. Anyone spending the cash on silver and higher premiums is not going to risk getting multiple bans and losing so much money. You will still get people cheating but with fewer numbers that will be cheating, catching them will be easier and quicker bans will happen.
    This will filter out the abusers and bring in the quality plaers that will make a server fun. Less people to police by GMs may mean that they will actually come on and add events rather than spending their whole times chasing KOXPers by the hundreds.

More events, happier customers= Servers that wont suck ass after 6 months.
    Anyone that cant afford paying premiums can still get in and play on active servers existing now, or new people wanting to get the KO experience before they pay.[/b]
    i agree dude , it would be nice

ooo

Actually, I dont think so. I play european hours (peak time) therefore the turkish players I see can afford premium, otherwise they would not be able to log in. And amongst them a very big part cannot communicate at all well in english. At the end of the day, premium is only 9 USD per month and Turkey is not a 3rd world country in the middle of nowhere where ppl live with 1 USD a week. Parts of the country might be underdeveloped by western standards but that is mainly rural eastern areas. As a whole, the country has a decent urban middle class which can afford those 9 USD easily.
    Actually this shows exactly the sorry state of the game in terms of communication.
    We are happy that we can "communicate" with half of the 80% of the server. We find it normal that we have to use a translator or speak in shorthand so that other players can somewhat understand what we are saying. I mean, come on, this is not normal...

And yes, half of the time you play with your clan. What about the other half? Tbh, I play with clan/allies about 99% of the time mainly because I get mortally bored in xp parties where the chat reads

und ac
    +++++++++1111111
    go lure
    repot
    swift
    brb rpr
    relog
    +++++++
    gtg bb

for lines no end. Yeah its functional when the party needs to do simple stuff but its also mind-numbing and a very effective cure for insomnia. And that has nothing to do with turkish players per se. It would be the same if they spoke Suahili or any other incomprehensible to me language.
    An english speaking party on the other hand (clan or not) can actually make xp bearable. It could even be interesting and ... omg .. fun.
    PS1: I dont think the population of the beta says much. People dont really bother with it, simply because it is a beta server testing absolutely nothing, at least as far as we know. Other things will determine whether an english speaking server could be succesful: which regions it would allow, whether ppl would be able to transfer accounts etc.
    PS2: I dont think it is very likely to see such a server though..[/b]
    only some parts of turkey are considered as underdevelop.

only some parts of turkey are considered as underdevelop.[/b]
    which is exactly what i said. :huh:

I went on the BETA and it was amazing , I would happily leave Diez in a flash to get on to a region server.

No I am not racist I just like the idea of haing a comunity in the server that speaks English and has a more western attitude to sellign and buying stuff. I hate havign to haggle none stop , I hate having to deal with rudeness , I hate how alot of the time they will make it a war on Turkey v's your party. Yeah there are some good Turkish people in this game but I want the choice to be able to enjoy a english only server. They should do one for the Turks to IMO.[/b]
    WoW and ko are very different games with very different sized fan bases. Wow can make a server specific to texas and there will still be more people there than english speakers in a ko server.

rofl, how many of you think K2 is actaully pulling in new customers?
    this game is just cycling old players, "low lvl noobs" are dominated by existing players second char. So what makes you think it'll attract more english speakers to play this game if they make a specific regional server.

English players are what plus minus 15% of the ko community, of the 11/15% duno what they are doing, and 4% actually play for real.

So seriously lol, would it make a difference to make a regional player, so what the 4% of us can play for english competition and so forth?[/b]
    lol and where did you get those percentages from? Lucky guess?

Inactive Member

+1

its the same that going to china ko or any other server in usko ... 99% ppl speaking another language .. simply doesnt work for me, I dont really care what ppl from another countries have to say about this ... is just I want to play where i feel comfortable playing . I would say YES PLZ MAKE REGION SPECIFIC SERVERS !!!!!!!!

+1 and i don't think it would be as empty as u all think over time i think more and more english speaking ppl would go there to start new characters.
    Only downside is all the ppl with years put in other server's :angry:
    As $$ share goes KO owns turkey they are just trying to expand there market share because alot of ppl don't want to learn basic turkish to play a game and quit.
    I think it will be Great

Grond

So, you are saying that only paying customers are gg players? I really beg to differ, its not the people selling PUS items every night that are the good players, it's the ones that make gbs out of NOTHING. The thing we all want, and i know we all want it, is to get rid of the turkish speaking players. In my opinion, the best solution is to just create a NON-TURKISH server. That way, K2 will only be worrying about blocking Turkish IPs, and not every country's IP but Austrialia, G.B., Canada and USA.
    Rofl.. so its gonna be like 100 humans vs 5 orcs (in PK) AHAHA, but i'd like to see that bet we'd still win XD[/b]

Where did I ever say that only people that pay are the GG players?..I said that people that pay wont risk getting multiple bans because they lose alot of money vs the free accounts that the KOXpers just use and dispose.

You wonder why there are hundreds of bans each month, its because the KOXPers will collect whatever they doing from gold to nps, then they simply transfer resources to their bank characters..when they get ban they simply make new free account rinse and repeat. Gms ban disposable account and rarely get to the character that matters.

The Free account is what is killing this game but like i said, keep the free account thing going on existing servers but cut it out on the new ones.

OpusDei

K2 has the right idea IMO but they need to go after the REAL problem..

The chinese money farmers that sell Gbs for coins.. -_- ban china not Turkey!

Zxenke

With how many servers there are, I feel it is too late to do this transition. And out of curiosity, since I didn't see the announcement K2 made since I don't play USKO anymore...if there is an American region server...unless K2 wants to go through all the trouble of converting items and stuff to another database, American and other English speaking people will have to start over, which will greatly reduce the amount of people willing to transfer.

Oscar, you went to Lost Soulz? I'm ashamed of you =/ I guess it's better than DVKO.

- GMPlanet, PL4N3TSTR1D3R (HAKO)

Tristan

The problem with a region based server is that more then half of the population in ko comes from OUTSIDE the US. So I realy don't know what they're trying to do.. Like a few other peeps already said, ban the chinese goldbarsellers. No turks = No pk.
    No pk = KO dead.

blalbalbla
    Sorry for the really long post, i just had to state my opinion.[/b]
    You have a point, but some people (and that's mildly put) want a server where there is less cheating (yes not only Turkish cheat, but that's not the point), ks-ed, have to go trough so much trouble just to explain something to someone, and play with people that are mature. Yes, some are different, but it's true that the majority is just a pain in the ass.
    If you don't want to play without Turks, then don't. The Beta server isn't crowded cause it's a Beta server and people don't want to lose what they worked for.
    Beleive me when I say that a Turk/Chineseless server will be crowded. Maybe older servers will suffer but meh..

Ignore Me Senior Member

K2 must make a region specific server.

I personally think 99% of the crap is LOL. But I'm not normal.

English speaker discovering this game for the first time will all join regional servers.

Personally can't be bothered fighting with quest jewels and Weight Hammer+7.

Lioncet

If they make a regional sever i'll quit for sure cause i'll lose all my friends if they decide to go there. I don't think that the english speaking one will be open for Latinamerica.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast