Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Hypocrites

This is a discussion on Hypocrites within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; theres a character in carnac west selling an Avedon, Foverin, and Imir Ring. Of course these items will eventually be ...
Page: 5

ClanoftheBrokenBow

theres a character in carnac west selling an Avedon, Foverin, and Imir Ring. Of course these items will eventually be sold which only gives them more gold bars even faster....Gold Farming is not just on wolves and is not just effecting low level players. I can give a screen shot if you'd like, but it is sad to see this on such a new server.

Silly - The other day I was getting off the train from a Cubs game and this kid is sitting there saying, "I got all the movies you need for five dollars, I got everyhing - five dollers." He was holding a portable dvd player with a backpack of dvds. Every person for a moment thinks what a great deal! But rarely do we consider how this came to be. When we pay these people, we say we respect your business and want you to continue; we agree with your business ethics.
    We are always looking for great deals on crap that we don't really even need. Nobody needs GBS in the game and our own cultural(american) greed and belief that we always have to have more causes people to have poor judgement.

edit - saw another with a lugia, sherion, syphoric shield, and shio tear....

I read exactly what you had to say moe. You were upset that there were hypocrites in this forum, who complain about gold farmers only to turn right around and buy from them or discuss doing so because they are charging the cheapest price- which is turn haring the game and impeding the attempts of merchants from competing. I pointed out why it should be natural for many people who play this game to do so under the circustances which I listed, circumstances which people like yourself who have played this game a while are well aware of.

I don't like it, I am certainly not in favor of it in any game which I might play, but as I already stated attempting to fight it is to fight a losing battle. Some people will continue to spend money in this game to gain an advantage, and a number of those will jump at any advantage they may so long as there are no negative consequences for doing so (such as loss of reputation/items deleted etc.). Calling people out for being hypocrites is not going to accomplish much when people in this forum can nod their heads in agreement, then turn around and make purchases in private without anyone knowing they ever did. Does that make them hypocrites? Surely it is the definition of a hypocrite. Will the temptation cause many to not care and do it anyway, knowing they won't face any public scrutiny by the gaming comunity? Just as assuredly. This of course says nothing of the majority of KO players who do not even browse these forum regularly if at all, and who are likely buying most of the gold bars from these companies.

And yeah yeah the long term results of inflation due to the increased flood of coins into the market are obvious, though exaggerated on your part. The results will never be as dramatic as when people were duping BUS, there simply isn't the same rate of flow possible through farming as unlimited duping. Regardless though, consumers do not tend to think far ahead when making their next purchase. If the average someone can get their leet items today, they are not going to ponder all that hard on whatever tomorrow might bring to the economy in a video game.

Every game has gold farming, and every person who tries to compete with USD sales by gold farming companies will be forced to match their price or else. Ranting out of anger is a normal response, but at the end of the day you aren't going to accomplish shit to stop the momentum.

Happy ranting.

Ignore Me Senior Member

Nobody needs GBS in the game and our own cultural(american) greed and belief that we always have to have more causes people to have poor judgement.

edit - saw another with a lugia, sherion, syphoric shield, and shio tear....[/b]
    Got the syphoric shield for my INT priest.
    There is a point I just don't care.

BlackOak

Please pay attention to what he said at the end. "It causes inflation, corrupts the game."[/b]
    Get a GRIP!!! ...this friggin game has been corrupt long before the farmers showed up...duppers, koxpers, scammer are riddled throughout this USKO. Its a corrupt game, get used to it, of go somewhere elase, complaining aint gonna do squat, better yet star your own gold company and do the same...phuck usko

I moved on to a private server, where money is NEVER an issue, and gold bars drop like rain

Banned

Get a GRIP!!! ...this friggin game has been corrupt long before the farmers showed up...duppers, koxpers, scammer are riddled throughout this USKO. Its a corrupt game, get used to it, of go somewhere elase, complaining aint gonna do squat, better yet star your own gold company and do the same...phuck usko

I moved on to a private server, where money is NEVER an issue, and gold bars drop like rain[/b]
    I am not going to bash you on your opinion. You may think whatever you want, but I don't share the same opinion as you. Therefore, don't get offended if I ignore you.

I moved on to a private server, where money is NEVER an issue, and gold bars drop like rain[/b]

There are certain degrees of each problem and the fluctuation of good, bad and horrible times sway as each problem grows or shrinks.

A few low level koxpers in morodon trying to level noobs (like in most times of KO) is not the same as all the speedhacking duffers running around with lvl 80 sins nor is it the same as the arrow shower cz hacks of old where u would log in cz and get raped by 15 arrows from some archer holding daggers sitting on the hill outside base as ur at the tp...

Same goes for the GB selling and current farmers that have recently entered the game. They are doing serious damage to the game, something does need to be done about it, something can be done, we all are effected, it isn't like everything else...and, thngs can be made better, that's the point of discussion. Helpful input to all discussions do help, nay sayers and those in complete apathy should just step aside as ur obviously incapable of contribution to the better.

There are 2 types of people in the world, those who try to make things better and those who make things worse, the ones who do nothing, or sit and criticize belong in the later.

Honestly Rad I think the problem lays partly in the fact that the KO community has not been united on these sort of issues in game for a long time. There are groups who dislike babashoppers, those who detest the gold farmers, those who look down on non babas, those who look down on/are jealous of premis (I.E. Plat premies), those who look down on non premium players, and a minority whom accept the game for what it is without complaint, flaws and all. And a LOT of what Moe terms hyprocrites, including people who put down cheaters while cheating as well, in feeble attempt to cover their own activity.

I always personally felt (my opinion only not trying to state this as fact) that once it becomes acceptable to a large degree for people to ignore the game TOS within the community, then the community is bound to split up into factions and continue to slide along a slippery slope, and IMO it has. You will always have differing opinions and perspectives within any community, including a gaming community- but am I wrong in my observation that KO is especially split of late as to what is and isn't acceptable within this game?

Has anyone noticed the recent (and eye opening) responses to the thread by Felix asking how people felt about playing in parties with KOXPERS, or the recent one about hardware macro program Charismatic or w/e it was called? Many of the people seemed to think xping with KOXPERS wasn't a bad thing in the first thread, and alot of people were half joking (I'd hope)about how they would like to try the hardware macro if it actually works in the second. Those things were universally condemned at one time even on this forum. Heck there was a time when babashopping was close to being universally condemned. No more and not for a while. The community has fractured over these things IMO.

If the community wants to comes together again, I think the people who are most looked to within the community (the top players) have to take a stand and set an example. I don&#39;t pretend most turkish players will give a crap much what english speaking players think, but at least within the english speaking community I agree it would be nice to have a more honest and fair consensus leaning more towards fair play and what is good for everyone in this game as a whole (whatever that may turn out to be). I&#39;m not well known in KO, but I still played 3 years and I know for a fact there are some good people who still play, I&#39;d come back to the game in a second if people would take a stand and make a real effort as one group instead of dividing. I know some of Shini is back in Carnac west for instance <3 Shini

Sorry for my long posts, feel free to tl/dr me

k im not gonna waste my time reading all these pages, i just skimmed a few lines from this page about the corruptions.
    the world is corrupt- the world revolves around money--anything u can think of-always is related to money and the economics behind it, and its effects. including this game. its human nature to want more and be better- its natural instinct. survival of the fittest in a more social enviroment. maby someone will understand but i dont think its too complicated. thats my opinion. argue on xD

iiason

dat was deep and very honorable.

but i don&#39;t know....don&#39;t real player sell cheaper then the gb sites?[/b]

well, actually, those sites charge 15 usd per gb on girakon.

real players only charge 11/12.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345