Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

k2 stealin ideas off blizzard.

This is a discussion on k2 stealin ideas off blizzard. within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by lutz+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lutz)</div> Originally posted by idefix @ <!--QuoteBegin-phantomlink ever think maybe KO is you know.... older then ...
Page: 3

priestish

Originally posted by lutz+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lutz)</div>
    Originally posted by idefix@
    <!--QuoteBegin-phantomlink

ever think maybe KO is you know.... older then WoW?

so what ur sayin is that blizzard copied everythin off ko?
    Actually, yes.[/b]
    Actually, if know where to look, you can see that ko copy lots of stuff from Diablo. Many were dropped to avoid looking the same. Ever consider the view of KO compare to diablo. Defence armor appeared in Diablo but was not really made poppular because not much pvp was going on. Also pot spamming is fun .

Kafayigoinktazonthefloor

I dont see why people whine because KO gets with new things.. Dont we all want it? Ofcourse every game looks almost the same like @ Pristontale there "scythes" looks like the new raptors we have now but PT had those looks before KO .. But who the fuck cares?

Technicolor

i used to play PT :lol:

Ya Priestish, but all the newer games have some elements from the older games, and Lutz summed it up nicely considering the general concepts of RPG's/MMORPG's can be shared and recycled from one game to another without being considered cloning or copying. Wow is one of the newest MMO's so naturally they are gonna have many things that have already been seen in previous games, even borrowed from their own previous games, and there will be things that are brand new and unique. Ko was definitely inspired by Diablo series, and wow definitely exhibits concepts from 3 to 4 other MMO's at the same time. The argument that any one game copies off another is in vein unless they directly implement the mechanics of those spells or freatures in the exact same way.

PwnerBaba

I think they stole some ideas from WC3(wich is older i ko, i think?) like Arch mage, Nova and some other random stuff u don't really think of, i mean like wc3 got a blade master, that has SD ? Maybe just a convincen(w/e)

SiegeR

Default Re: k2 stealin ideas off blizzard.

Originally posted by idefix
    i think i posted a topic on this already, sayin that k2 stole a few mage skills.. mana shield and blink... also otherstuff like that...
    now i see that rofd is kinda the same expansion that blizzard is doin to wow, burning crusade : therell be max lvl raised to lvl 70 in wow, 80 in ko. new mobs in both expansions. in wow, new raid instances, in KO theres new events like bifrost... new maps... everything is the same in both expansions, its just that blizzard has been workin on it for like over half a year, and k2 prolly just went to blizzards site a few months ago and decided to steal that idea too lol...

well tell me even if they are copies or somethng?Mgames need to pay attention not to copy ideas from other games?There are limited things you can chage and they done all.No1 can change anything other than these things.

I hate this people whine for about 1-2 weeks asking to new patch to come but after patch they continue to whine.
    Like in KE and ROFD.

Perfect

if k2 did steal anything its the mailbox and how the quests work now

Psy

Originally posted by Evergrace+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Evergrace)</div>
    Originally posted by Psy@
    <!--QuoteBegin-Evergrace

EQ was and IS THE BEST MMORPG EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!

level 70 necro here time/god geared on maelin starpyre. I got half way through GoD and quit, that game was a life sucking leech.
    Necro = BEST SOLO CLASS.

I prefer Bard. Lvl 69 here LDON are fun, aand i quit coz not many ppl i played with played, Ur sever, i was Tunare[/b]
    I owned pofire tables, and when some high level wizzy would try to ks; guess what I did? *despell the mob* then the wizzy would use his evac stick or die :lol: . I wish I played a pvp server though. I went to povalor just before i quitted and kited 6 mobs, ending with 60%m when they were all dead. I boxed a friends' 70 cleric sometimes, all was fun. The best is tanking mpg 6way/rss named

bazerk|bazeeka

stop complaining about every little thing u can find wrong with the game......... dont like it quit

StarSoul

lol, I like the term "stealing", a definition would be, to take something that is not urs without permission. Do these other MMORPG's have patents on spells? NO, so uhm, if it enhances the game, why the fuk are some of you complainin about it? Hey, at elast we have something to work for now, spells and skills after lvl 70, an incentive to lvl past that!

RingWraith

Wouldny surprise anyone if k2 try steal plans from any other company since k2 = 1 big corruption anyway cant find out of anything on their own.

CrusAd3R

rofl thats like biggest bullshit ive ever heard. if theres an event in both expansions it means that ko stole the idea? new monsters..HOW COULD THEY THINK ABOUT IT?! maybe coz ppl cant xp at tw forever.
    btw,the expension existed before that shity "burning crusade" but not on usko.

Technicolor

Originally posted by RingWraith
    Wouldny surprise anyone if k2 try steal plans from any other company since k2 = 1 big corruption anyway cant find out of anything on their own.

omfg get some knowledge about this game pls..... FOR THE 100TH TIME IT IS M GAME/NOAH SYSTEMS THAT MAKE THIS GAME!!!!!! NOT K2....

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

lol i wonder whats the first game that invented the thing called a LEVELING SYSTEM

shit by your retarded "thinking" of something copied i wonder how many games have copied this system.

this thread lowers my IQ bb T_T

Speed of Dark

OMG K2 IS DUPING BAN BAN BAN h43r:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast