Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Login problem?

This is a discussion on Login problem? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Maybe they're making it TKO aka Turkish KO. Does anyone know if the Turks are having the same issue on ...
Page: 18

Maybe they're making it TKO aka Turkish KO. Does anyone know if the Turks are having the same issue on their forum? (I suppose we have Turkish speakers here).

hmmm, i just tried logging in from my laptop which uses WiFi, and i'm able to see the K2 site... does this mean my KO playing will be restricted to WiFi d/c every 2mins? yay!

Brun

ko is up.

wonderrogue

ko is up.[/b]
    no its not

kronik

ko is up.[/b]
    who's a clever boy then?
    nobody said ko was down...

Bufty

Three days now and in that time I have been able to log on 1 time for 10 mins b4 d/c. Plat and bronze prem wasteing away on mine and my husbands account. Cant log on website to complain. I know of many ppl haveing similar problems but at least they r able to play a little.

All we can for is hope they cure it on tonights maintenance, which with k2s record of stupidity is something I hate haveing to count on

just dc'ed and have same problem... i only see prem days...then its stuck

Druide_Fr

just dc'ed and have same problem... i only see prem days...then its stuck[/b]
    That particular problem seems to be IP related (the IP is the address of your computer on the Internet, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_address). That problem is not related to either your account, your computer or your operating system. If you change IP every time your get on the Internet, no problem you will eventually get through. This is the case for dial-up connections, as an example. If you have a fixed address and you can't log, then you're in deep shit.

Possible solutions:
    1) Wait for K2 to solve the problem. This may take a while.
    2) Wait for K2 to restart their servers. You would be really unlucky to get stuck at the "Premium xxx days remaining" twice, as this seems to be a random occurence.
    3) Force a change of IP address. This is a cumbersome process, as it forces you to reboot your modem every time. If you are on a network, the other users of the network are going to hate you, but what can you do: KO is like a drug, and you in withdrawal. Irrationnal behaviour is to be expected.

In my particular case (broadband cable modem), I can force a IP change by changing the MAC address of the modem (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC_address). By default my modem uses its own MAC address, but it has an option to clone the MAC address of my computer's network card. Once that is done, you need to reboot the modem (Power off, screams coming from the other network users, ignore them, wait at least 10 sec, power up). You should now have another IP address (your ISP thinks there is a new modem on the network, so it gives it a new IP).

I hope this helps. It sure did for me, I had been stuck for 3 days without being able to login, and now I have been able to go through every time for 12 hours.

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Me too :angry:

K2 sucks!!!

An_American_Knight

If you are useing a Wireless Router then turn it off and run your internet directly through the modem, thats what solved my problem.

i was playing few hours almost w/o lags, np, and then few dcs and the problem is back... (at least i can learn for my university taking test lol)

i solve problem in this way: i plug in PC into second router and second router into main and now i can log relog without any problem >.<

oldboy

If you are useing a Wireless Router then turn it off and run your internet directly through the modem, thats what solved my problem.[/b]
    sounds good but my bro/mom use the router for they laptops :/

Banned
    Boston Mass aka Murder Mass . . . . ';-] . . . Server: ares best server Clan: BuDDaH grade: [1] Clan Rank:43 gg clan Character: BuDDaH

Question

i solve problem in this way: i plug in PC into second router and second router into main and now i can log relog without any problem >.<[/b]
    thats not a bad idea &#39;;-]

what a $#@ crap.... After 36h login problem today i was loged play few h after this I go to my GF and when i back cant log now !! I hate k2