Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

A question regarding boss-hunting morality

This is a discussion on A question regarding boss-hunting morality within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by iviysterie Our clan guidelines are to not ks bosses, nor mobs, and do not lure on anyone ...
Page: 3

Cleatus

Originally posted by iviysterie
    Our clan guidelines are to not ks bosses, nor mobs, and do not lure on anyone doing bosses, what goes around comes around.

The only exception to the rule is Atilla--he is fair game for everyone based on his low level and the mass amount of people that camp him.

I guess it depends on your own integrity and what reputation you care to have.
    Ofc, if I'm doing Harpy queen it's not immoral to tradespam my healer right? :P

Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar

well u cant be so sure with all the coflictin points
    but u can be sure if they kill it solo dont party em to steal their drop thats complete disrespect and a stupid ass move <_<

thats 100% aggreeable

iviysterie

yes, it is immoral. If you want to believe that you were kssed by Warrick that is your problem Cleatus, you were in my clan long enough to know we don't ks nor trade spam and that it is not my style, so you know it wasn't me.

I cannot speak for anyone else and what they do with their trade button, so I will not try and defend anyone else.

You should let sleeping dogs lie without proof (ss would be nice)

I guess now that you are in the elite you can accuse and talk shit to people and expect them to bow down...sorry you don't impress me enough.....................

Cleatus

LOL!

umm.. I've been talkin shit to you since I was a chicken head...

I've been taking stabs at ppl for ever and ever... Sleeping dogs are lying. It's of minimal consequence. I was just saying slm.

for the record, there is nothing elite about me... but to know I can still get under your skin so quickly makes me feel like a big man

See you tonight @ war aga

EDIT: you were in my clan long enough to know we don't ks nor trade spam and that it is not my style, so you know it wasn't me.

Yes this is very true. YOU are actaully a respectable player. You take the game quite seriously and I believe YOU would not do anything to tarnish your reputation. HOWEVER the clan is not hardly the same as it once was. The members are not hardly the same quality. KJ = Wonderful guy. Dru = Fantastic Human Being. Gangsta = (from what i understand) Full of himself and forgot that noob mini warrion who didn't know squat and didn't have squat - treats noobs like shit. For this I = have lost respect for him. Syracuse = High quality individual. Jaqen = a fine gent. Jeffhabs = never hurt anyone I know of. Always thought he was a decent guy.

as for the rest of your clan... It's not the same as it used to be.

TunaFishyMe

a lvl 70 warrior can take talos without massive lol

hej

Originally posted by morax
    ı play from ıstanbul.

Anyway i think the point im making - if i know the person killing i would sit and wait. But if its someone random i dont know and would do no doubt try and KS us then the phrase "Do onto others before they do onto you" comes into account ....

In an Ideal world EVERYONE would abide by a moral code.... in the real world, most people dont so having morals only gives you a disadvantage

Agree with me waggy you know its true.
    That is duble moral, if you know you will not ks but if you dont know the player you will ks. So what your saying is that a new player that for the first time finds a boss then you will ks.

If i se the boss unattacked and they start before i get there then i atk, or if they walk next to the boss w8 for backup then i atk, otherwis i waiting till tanker die.

Only one i gladly KS is Reblde20 becuse he is the one how started all KS, luring and shit.

of course id take it, but thats probably from the many times i start hq or something with just me a 1920 and a rogue then a full turk party comes to steal it...

TunaFishyMe

I just sit and watch. The second they mess up (die) its mine

Cleatus

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe
    I just sit and watch. *The second they mess up (die) its mine
    +1

if it's taking the guy forever.. i'll ask "It's more than 1/2 gone.. you want me to help you finish it?" if they say yes I do.. if they say nothing or no.. i just leave... bad karma stealing ppl's bosses.. sometimes you get kss'd.. sometimes you get coined..

but i've had nights where the bowl was mine.. and I've gotten as many as 6 decent unique items in a night solo. I'll keep my karma thanks.

morax

Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yun_Yuuzhan)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-morax
    Damn right id attack it * *

Battle of the fittest - i wouldnt lure on his healers or anything dumb but if i thought that me and my warrior could get the box id get him to attack it. If you have done more levelling - your stronger and talos drops iron belts... end of story

As long as you dont try luring and getting the other person killed i dont see a problem.
    "It's all well and good to have the strength of a giant, but it is tyranny to use it like one."

Each and every day I dislike more and more what this game has turned in to.[/b]
    Your missing the point Yun.... theres enough cheats and dupers in this game already without showing them respect and letting them have bosses as well. Respect is something that is earned in this game. Why respect some random person with two glowing shards you pretty much know hasnt earned them. In diez i pretty much know the majority of the legit respected players. Dont misunderstand me - im not going to KS friends or people i know.

I know my method is harsh on some noobie who has worked really hard and is legit but with the amount of noob cheaters around im sure that % is very low.

When i first started playing this game id respect everyone - now i respect those who respect me - thanks to K2s half attempts to get rid of cheats you just dont know whos legit and whos not anymore. Im legit and therefore if i can take a drop i will

Psy

Originally posted by morax+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(morax)</div>
    Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan@
    <!--QuoteBegin-morax

Damn right id attack it * *

Battle of the fittest - i wouldnt lure on his healers or anything dumb but if i thought that me and my warrior could get the box id get him to attack it. If you have done more levelling - your stronger and talos drops iron belts... end of story

As long as you dont try luring and getting the other person killed i dont see a problem.

"It's all well and good to have the strength of a giant, but it is tyranny to use it like one."

Each and every day I dislike more and more what this game has turned in to.
    Your missing the point Yun.... theres enough cheats and dupers in this game already without showing them respect and letting them have bosses as well. Respect is something that is earned in this game. Why respect some random person with two glowing shards you pretty much know hasnt earned them. In diez i pretty much know the majority of the legit respected players. Dont misunderstand me - im not going to KS friends or people i know.

I know my method is harsh on some noobie who has worked really hard and is legit but with the amount of noob cheaters around im sure that % is very low.

When i first started playing this game id respect everyone - now i respect those who respect me - thanks to K2s half attempts to get rid of cheats you just dont know whos legit and whos not anymore. Im legit and therefore if i can take a drop i will [/b]
    When it's too harsh, there's usually a forum post saying "AHM KS!"

morax

That was moral. Before. (Funny that Morax (moderator of this forum) don't know that)
    Now...because there is no GM, any1 can KS and even say that KS is good thing.
    I know whats moral - i was a K2 GM in (xigenon) and i banned lots of people for KSing and Cheating and the general opinion was i did a good job - but that was for KSing levelling spots. Not Bosses.

Rentzusuken

I recall a situation where I was in Death_Knights™ and we were almost set up to take Snake Queen, but The_Ant_Hill_Mob had just gotten hydr0 and Morax in to complete their party. Instead of attacking it regardless, I urged DKs to leave it be and watched them complete it successfully. A few minutes later, TK was up and I was asked to help them take it mage-style along with a party of NoSkill, which was my first encounter with most of the people I have partied with for more than a year now.

TunaFishyMe

I remember when I was 4x. I was in eslant and I saw lots of mages hitting TK. I thought he would never hit me since there were so many other people hitting him. I was wrong -____-"

Glader

Someone said that attila is free for all since it's LOW LVL and many ppl camping it...Now that's a case of relativity. To a lvl 70 warrior a SQ or a HQ seems pretty small as well, so why aren't those free for all? In my humble oppinion which noone gives a rats ass about, I think that the state of the server decides the rules. For example: Ares...do I have to say anything else than Illuminati? They lure it away, get the HP up, then go for it. I've also had many bosses "KS:ed" and noone seemed to give a shit about morale there. Although, if you guys on Mahnes are free from hardasses, I'd say let the other party give it a go if they were first

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast