Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Real talk - do you have to spend USD to play a server like Europa?

This is a discussion on Real talk - do you have to spend USD to play a server like Europa? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Tittle. Im talking about USD in both PUS or from an item seller, disregarding the 5 npoint issue because I ...
Page: 1

Default Real talk - do you have to spend USD to play a server like Europa?

Tittle. Im talking about USD in both PUS or from an item seller, disregarding the 5 npoint issue because I have an account for him. I ask because I want to introduce my friend to this game, but of course a newcomer to the game isn't going to want to spend USD. I was thinking of switching servers to Europa and starting from scratch with him but I'm not sure of the Europa market and general situation to make an informed decision.

I know there are a million posts like this and I believe that it is possible to grind levels and gear even without prem, but my major question is: will someone's rate of farming as an individual ever be able to catch up to the rate at which better and better items are introduced into the game and "required" to PvP? (I ask about Europa or other older servers because he wouldn't want to buy prem to play on Midgard if he hasn't played the game before, of couse).

If you need a specific class, we'd probably be playing mages

Mages are definitely the best class to play if you are trying to avoid spending money on the game, their gear is relatively cheap and their ability to farm stuff, especially with multiple of them, is unparalleled, you can definitely get up to the level of people who spend money but it will require a LOT of time and effort and a lot of grinding, the kind of thing most people either don't want to do anymore or don't have time to do anymore.

The short answer is yes, you can, but it will take a ton of time and effort.

Europa is definitely a good server to pick, its probably the least fucked up aside from Midgard/Orion, the other servers have had years and years of people playing the game as well as the old USKO franchisee (don't remember the name I think it was K2 or something) staff illegally injecting OP items into the game.
    Last edited by azreal313; 01-12-2016 at 02:10 PM.
    NuclearWinter likes this.

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KillU View Post
    Tittle. Im talking about USD in both PUS or from an item seller, disregarding the 5 npoint issue because I have an account for him. I ask because I want to introduce my friend to this game, but of course a newcomer to the game isn't going to want to spend USD. I was thinking of switching servers to Europa and starting from scratch with him but I'm not sure of the Europa market and general situation to make an informed decision.

I know there are a million posts like this and I believe that it is possible to grind levels and gear even without prem, but my major question is: will someone's rate of farming as an individual ever be able to catch up to the rate at which better and better items are introduced into the game and "required" to PvP? (I ask about Europa or other older servers because he wouldn't want to buy prem to play on Midgard if he hasn't played the game before, of couse).

this wont answer your question but, id like to play atleast casually, if you choose either europa, ( whatever server cwest is now) or 1 other one i have 70+ mages on all of them. id have shit gear but id be down for playing together with you guys. cheers
    Last edited by NuclearWinter; 01-12-2016 at 02:14 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearWinter View Post
    this ownt answer your question but, id like to play atleast casually, if you choose either europa, ( whatever server cwest is now) or 1 other one i have 70+ mage son all of them. id have shit gear but id be down for playing together with you guys. cheers
    Dang you guys and your Europa I'm playing a mage on Midgard, that server is nuts, can't wait for the Steam server release, its gonna be off the hooooook

Quote Originally Posted by azreal313 View Post
    Dang you guys and your Europa I'm playing on Midgard
    I'll never play a server i need prem to enter :P also in my experience new servers die after 6 months last time i joined a new server all the guys i played with left a month later and i was stuck playing alone. think that was orion maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearWinter View Post
    I'll never play a server i need prem to enter :P also in my experience new servers die after 6 months last time i joined a new server all the guys i played with left a month later and i was stuck playing alone. think that was orion maybe?
    Really?! Orion is still alive and kicking not as crazy as Midgard of course but playing on midgard should keep me entertained till the Steam server comes out, then its game on!

Really?! Orion is still alive and kicking not as crazy as Midgard of course but playing on midgard should keep me entertained till the Steam server comes out, then its game on!
    Alive but having noone to playw ith because everyone has either known each other for 5 years and babed thousands of dollars or dont speak english isnt alive :P one of the servers i have a +8 giga i bought for gbs in, should prolly find that one.

ALSo noone should take my personal experience as 100%, should try servers out yourself and judge. we all want different things.

Im going to make a new foruma ccount to have a new name, ill mesage you fromt his one and let you know what server the mages end up being on. about to log into the accounts and see what i can find.
    azreal313 likes this.

Honestly it would be hard, but possible since both of you want to be mages, and mage could be geared with low budget. Also it`s easier for mage to find farm party. Still you would need active clan, UTC / Krowaz and /cursed stones farm would speed up that process.
    azreal313 likes this.

Alright, cool.

Little edit, however.

1) What if he stopped playing and I was all alone? Could I still solo and be able to farm well? And catch up to other people that pay to play?

2) should I go Europa or orion, considering my situation?

3) is a new steam server confirmed? Also, do you guys think prem will be required to play on it? I wanna know if I should use my npoints on Europa / orion or save em for a new server (but I'm not willing to spend so much money monthly on PUS items haha)

Thanks a ton for the help, everyone

Alright, cool.

Little edit, however.

1) What if he stopped playing and I was all alone? Could I still solo and be able to farm well? And catch up to other people that pay to play?

2) should I go Europa or orion, considering my situation?

3) is a new steam server confirmed? Also, do you guys think prem will be required to play on it? I wanna know if I should use my npoints on Europa / orion or save em for a new server (but I'm not willing to spend so much money monthly on PUS items haha)

Thanks a ton for the help, everyone
    1. Not really, ofc if you would have a decent clan that would not be a problem,
    2. No idea,
    3. There is big chance that there will be new server together with steam release - and if there will be such server you wont be able even log in without prem.

Alright so I'll just pray that I can find a friendly, helpful and active clan... The dream... Haha

SuperSin Senior Member JayClaiba's Avatar

Europa gon merge

Well i cant log the account in which has the gigas until i turn this prepaid phone i have back on, the account is linked to an old phone number. So for now, i only have the other mages.

Alright so I'll just pray that I can find a friendly, helpful and active clan... The dream... Haha
    if you go to orion or europa message me! id like to play with people. I have mages on both. and possible Orion once i get this account unlocked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast