Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940 LastLast
Like Tree227Likes

Rise Online Knight Offline - remastered KO?

This is a discussion on Rise Online Knight Offline - remastered KO? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Diver It should be easy to write an anti-macro tool, like check for patterns in a users ...
Page: 39

Anabolic Senior Member Euphoria's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diver View Post
    It should be easy to write an anti-macro tool, like check for patterns in a users "R" behavior, if he has a perfect interval that repeats then it's obvious he's macroing -> kick. Has nobody done that yet?
    Gee nice start-app bro, go big on this !!

It should be easy to write an anti-macro tool, like check for patterns in a users "R" behavior, if he has a perfect interval that repeats then it's obvious he's macroing -> kick. Has nobody done that yet?
    It is easy to block the case where someone has consistent intervals between keystrokes, but the reality is that people will learn this and then very quickly introduce random delays of a certain range between each key stroke. You are then at a loss. It's actually quite hard to prevent macroing entirely. You could attempt it by looking at specific individual user habbits and using ML models to detect if he/she deviates dramatically from their normal 'playing style'. Even that would be probably quite unreliable for a number of reasons

Quote Originally Posted by Bigwill666 View Post
    It is easy to block the case where someone has consistent intervals between keystrokes, but the reality is that people will learn this and then very quickly introduce random delays of a certain range between each key stroke. You are then at a loss. It's actually quite hard to prevent macroing entirely. You could attempt it by looking at specific individual user habbits and using ML models to detect if he/she deviates dramatically from their normal 'playing style'. Even that would be probably quite unreliable for a number of reasons
    Wouldn't those random delays between "pressing" R mess up a macro? There's a fine window for a combo to work properly. If you have to build in a delay then you're basically simulating a player that combo's like a human,
    which would be already a huge win against macroers. But then again, what do I know about comboing. Last time I played KO seriously was around 2012?

If there's anyone in the KO Dev community that speaks english and is interested in such experiment, I'd volunteer to develop this

If im not mistaken, wasnt it planned to be an "Improved" KO to begin with?

But anyhow, KO has been garbage ever since they added the ingame item shop and also those shitty looking japanese hentai mmo wings.. Keep it like it was in KE. Everything since then has just been utterly garbage. Until they realise this, it will just be another fail.. just like every private server over the years.
    CroNe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by *RW* View Post
    If im not mistaken, wasnt it planned to be an "Improved" KO to begin with?

But anyhow, KO has been garbage ever since they added the ingame item shop and also those shitty looking japanese hentai mmo wings.. Keep it like it was in KE. Everything since then has just been utterly garbage. Until they realise this, it will just be another fail.. just like every private server over the years.

100% with you. 2021 and I still think KO (pre rofd) was one of the best games ever created. Funnily the combo system was a bug and created by mistake and later on not reproducable by the devs anymore when they tried to create another KO game. Murphys Law turned out to be good

100% with you. 2021 and I still think KO (pre rofd) was one of the best games ever created. Funnily the combo system was a bug and created by mistake and later on not reproducable by the devs anymore when they tried to create another KO game. Murphys Law turned out to be good
    Funny enough, KO's "combo" system exists in various games, but it's simply called animation cancelling. I guess the part that makes it special is the built-in cooldown that causes people to learn it by heart and thus prove their skill. I don't think it's that big of a deal in modern gaming though. It is fun, but the fact that basically everybody can pull off a 13,5-hit combo as a sin (with low ping anyway) these days is proof that it's not a real skill in modern gaming. People are just better at video games in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Funny enough, KO's "combo" system exists in various games, but it's simply called animation cancelling. I guess the part that makes it special is the built-in cooldown that causes people to learn it by heart and thus prove their skill. I don't think it's that big of a deal in modern gaming though. It is fun, but the fact that basically everybody can pull off a 13,5-hit combo as a sin (with low ping anyway) these days is proof that it's not a real skill in modern gaming. People are just better at video games in general.
    Yep. Same thing with wow classic. People thought content was hard 16 years ago, because we were all retarded kids playing at 25 fps. I remember people saying this raid is impossible, that raid is impossible, how only like 3% of the guilds full cleared Naxxramas. I joined a dad guild recently and we clear full nax 15/15 in under 3 hours. Same thing with KO. People remember it being hard, but in reality KO was never hard, we just sucked lol (well, at least me).

there are so many things that work on pk and people don't use, cause they didn't waste their time testing. and by testing i mean you gona die a lot to other players until you find it out ..... people egos don't let that happen....
    in the other end, people like me that wasted a lot of their time to find out some stuff that work don't want to share the info afther all the work we don't want to give it free to others.

Senior Member ˡᵒᵛᵉ ᵏᶤˡˡˢ ˢˡᵒʷˡʸ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SEDE View Post
    there are so many things that work on pk and people don't use, cause they didn't waste their time testing. and by testing i mean you gona die a lot to other players until you find it out ..... people egos don't let that happen....
    in the other end, people like me that wasted a lot of their time to find out some stuff that work don't want to share the info afther all the work we don't want to give it free to others.
    Most turks are focused on finding bugs to keep low-key until official and take advantage of it right off the bat once the game officially releases... Also, some twitch streamers were already paying $$$ for items this alone should tell you this game will be p2w, and it has to.. otherwise no turk going to bother playing rise online when they can continue playing KO and making somewhat $

Justin Oreos Senior Member sleven07's Avatar

mic check, this thing on ?

Hi, is anyone playing this Rise Online game? If so how good is it?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    What happens is you CAN NOT fail combo. It will hit the next skill client side exactly when it's allowed, so it's not like with original KO, where you have to have the feeling for combo, or you will fail the skills. Here you can simply spam R and all the numbers where you got skills, and when you see the skill starts loading you start spamming the next number and RRR.
    Honestly, that was scary to read xD

Luckily it's not like that anymore. You CAN fail skills wooohoooo :P It takes about 6 seconds for 8 skills, same as in KO, but it kinda seems after failing a skill you can re-use it faster than in KO. Not sure tbh, Rise server is in Turkey only atm so there's a bit of a delay.

I dont think lots of turks gonna play this game considering how low spec systems turkish players has they will stuck with as usual

Quote Originally Posted by cansnoxd View Post
    I dont think lots of turks gonna play this game considering how low spec systems turkish players has they will stuck with as usual
    youd be surprised,cause i played 1st beta when it was out and there were A LOT of people in the game. Like,cz had thousands of people pking. Im also surprised because its a shit game lol.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    10-12-2022, 01:39 AM
  2. Hits: 1
    10-04-2022, 12:30 AM
  3. Hits: 1
    07-18-2022, 05:28 AM
  4. Hits: 1
    07-01-2022, 03:32 PM