Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

The truth about burning tehnique ...

This is a discussion on The truth about burning tehnique ... within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Is the Anvil Random - No - why? because anyone with any degree of intelligence knows that is is 100% ...
Page: 5

OLD1953

Is the Anvil Random - No - why? because anyone with any degree of intelligence knows that is is 100% impossible for a computer to generate randomly... it works off an algorithm The problem is that algorithms can be very very very complex so it seems like its completly random. Like dealing on online poker sites etc. I very much doubt anyone has a "technique" - in old KO the anvil was cracked by a few people who knew what they were doing and could guarantee upto +7 at server restarts etc... now though - im not so sure, if you say you can do it proove it. No-one on KO4LIFE is going to believe someone who says something without proof [/b]
    Random as to which item succeeds or fails, yes, but not random at all in average success rates. K2 controls that, and sometimes they change it or screw it up.

Everyone on DIEZ knows you just don't use the anvil on D2. It doesn't work right, things burn madly.

NOW, a serious question. Does the anvil respond to drop rate increases? It has seemed to me in the past that it may, but I don't keep records of it so I'm not sure. If so, there is this valkyrie armor that increases drops - - -

OLD1953

Everyone always say their method works their methods works bla bla bla. Just cuz it works a couple times, you assume it works.

Yes, there is no such thing as "pure random" because random numbers are generated by a formula. However, that formula runs off the system's time. That means every millisecond, you will get a different number. Its not like you can control the very milisecond you click upgrade. Its not like you know where the system time is. So everytime you upgrade, it will be "random."

What is the point of writing some long ass algorithmn and then making sure that it fits the requirements? People are lazy. There is no point to write a random algorithmn when every high-level language probably has one for you. Get a random number, mod it. If statements, boom. You can control the % of each upgrade easily. it doesnt get more simple than that. Of course, I didnt write KO. But i personally dont think anyone would spend hours writing code so that they can control the % of an upgrade when it can be done so easily. Especially in a game that is bugged like shit.[/b]
    Well, yes and no. IMHO, MGAME saved a lot of processor time by generating one global random number every interval, and when any random event in the game occurs in that interval, they use that random number in the appropriate equation to determine success or failure. IOW, if you see the anvil go red, wait a second and then try.

The reason I think this is because of certain oddities I've noticed over time. For example, when we had large parties killing dogs, we'd sometimes kill two at the same time and they'd give items with the same +, like a +6 ring of some kind. Sometimes when comboing the anvil to make it go faster, I've seen four or five burns in a row going to +4, and that's very rare if you are doing it slowly.

Wish I knew how long that interval is. I suspect its at least 500milliseconds.

Everyone always say their method works their methods works bla bla bla. Just cuz it works a couple times, you assume it works.

Yes, there is no such thing as "pure random" because random numbers are generated by a formula. However, that formula runs off the system's time. That means every millisecond, you will get a different number. Its not like you can control the very milisecond you click upgrade. Its not like you know where the system time is. So everytime you upgrade, it will be "random."

What is the point of writing some long ass algorithmn and then making sure that it fits the requirements? People are lazy. There is no point to write a random algorithmn when every high-level language probably has one for you. Get a random number, mod it. If statements, boom. You can control the % of each upgrade easily. it doesnt get more simple than that. Of course, I didnt write KO. But i personally dont think anyone would spend hours writing code so that they can control the % of an upgrade when it can be done so easily. Especially in a game that is bugged like shit.[/b]
    finaly normal post not like u need dance on anvil 15 min burn 3 +7 low class items and them upgrade.

It's probably secuence of failed succeded for each upgrade depend on what + item is(like let say on +7 it would be
    30%chances it will be 3 succeded 7 failed) where that secuence is repeated every few ms.Now how the hell u will find method on that?
    It's like saying u got 100% method on geting avedon from red fragment(where chaotic genarator works probably similiar to anvil)

whiteboy

why dont we go to one server for instance diez/ares or w/e we get around 10-20 people we test out the anvil in one server... say.... in one week... everyday we we give somthing about 5 -10 noob high class items... every1 try to go 1-7 with each one... everyday check to see how many we make it to 7 and how many fails... maybe some days are just better for us and maybe some days are just bad for us? who knows we havnt tried so i think we should get around 10-20 pepole to do it...cuz you know that there are some bad days and some good days that you make a lot and fail a lot so maybe it works like that ?

Lemon

why dont we go to one server for instance diez/ares or w/e we get around 10-20 people we test out the anvil in one server... say.... in one week... everyday we we give somthing about 5 -10 noob high class items... every1 try to go 1-7 with each one... everyday check to see how many we make it to 7 and how many fails... maybe some days are just better for us and maybe some days are just bad for us? who knows we havnt tried so i think we should get around 10-20 pepole to do it...cuz you know that there are some bad days and some good days that you make a lot and fail a lot so maybe it works like that ?[/b]
    Because it's a futile experiment that has too many variables to work.

What's the point of just testing the anvil...what are we testing for? What are we keeping constant in order to test this? How do we know that there is only one testable variable to make it a fair test?

Pointless.

Has anyone tried this?

When noone is at the anvil and you have like 8 shards +7 or +8, doesnt really matter.

Call 8 clannies, give each 1 shard +7 (with trina?) all put the shard+trina+bus in and count down in vent, then everyone try and upgrade at the same time.

I dont think it's possible for 8 items to fail within 1second, right? :x

TehFonz

I'm gonna give ya a lil piece of code here, written in visual basic (probably the easiest computer language)

Code:
    Dim oRandom as new random
    dim iNumber as integer
    iNumber = oRandom.next(1-101)
    select case iNumber
    case is <50
    ****************item fail
    case is >50
    ****************item succeed
    Let&#39;s rephrase your sentence :lol:
    You dropped out of highschool didn&#39;t ya? :P[/b]
    O rlly:O

Code:
    Dim oRandom As New Random
    ********Dim percentage As Integer

********percentage = oRandom.Next(1, 101)

********&#39;BB
    ********If cmbox.Text = "+1 to +2" Then
    ************lblDisplay.Text = "Success"

************&#39;DIAF
    ********ElseIf cmbox.Text = "+2 to +3" Then

************&#39;+4 :(
    ********ElseIf cmbox.Text = "+3 to +4" Then
    ************If percentage > 85 Then
    ****************lblDisplay.Text = "Failure"
    ************Else
    ****************lblDisplay.Text = "Success"
    ************End If

************&#39;+5 DIE
    ********ElseIf cmbox.Text = "+4 to +5" Then
    ************If percentage > 70 Then
    ************Else
    ************End If

************&#39;+6 GO HOME
    ********ElseIf cmbox.Text = "+5 to +6" Then
    ************MessageBox.Show("+5 to +6")
    ************Else
    ************End If

************&#39;+7 WEAK
    ********ElseIf cmbox.Text = "+6 to +7" Then
    ************If percentage > 68 Then
    ************Else
    ****************MessageBox.Show("Pfff go +8 or go Home")
    ************End If

************&#39;+8 IS PUSS
    ********ElseIf cmbox.Text = "+7 to +8" Then
    ************If percentage > 28 Then
    ************Else
    ****************MessageBox.Show("GG UPGRADE")
    ************End If

************&#39;+9 IS WHAT Y USE
    ********ElseIf cmbox.Text = "+8 to +9" Then
    ************If percentage > 18 Then
    ************Else
    ****************MessageBox.Show("LUCKY NUKKA")
    ************End If

************&#39;GOOD LUCK ON +10
    ********ElseIf cmbox.Text = "+9 to +10" Then
    ************If percentage > 8 Then
    ************Else
    ****************MessageBox.Show("TEH FORCE IS STRONG IN THIS ONE")
    ************End If
    ********End If
    ME LOVE YOU LONG TIME

This is more complex than you guys think. In this case, check what happen if _playerName has the value of "BabaTheTurk":

private bool _isTurk = IsTurk(_playerName);
    private bool _hasBabashopped = HasBabashopped(_playerName);
    private bool _hasPremium = HasPremium(_playerName);
    private bool _hasKoxp = HasKoxp(_playerName);
    private bool _hasDupedItems = HasDupedItems(_playerName);

Random oRandom = new Random();
    double successRate = oRandom.next(1-101);

switch(anvil.NextGrade)
    {
    case 1:
    case 2:
    case 3:
    anvil.UpgradeCurrentItem();
    break;
    default:
    if((_isTurk && _hasBabashopped && _hasPremium && _hasKoxp && _hasDupedItems) || successRate > 95.0)
    else
    anvil.BreakCurrentItem();
    break;
    }

OLD1953

Has anyone tried this?

When noone is at the anvil and you have like 8 shards +7 or +8, doesnt really matter.

Call 8 clannies, give each 1 shard +7 (with trina?) all put the shard+trina+bus in and count down in vent, then everyone try and upgrade at the same time.

I dont think it&#39;s possible for 8 items to fail within 1second, right? :x[/b]
    IMHO, if you did them all at "exactly" the same time (probably impossible due to lag) then either all would go or all would fail. That&#39;s the meaning of the global variable I was talking about.

Logically, while deriving one psuedorandom number from the usual base eleven mod LCG algorithm will take very little processor time, deriving perhaps 100K such numbers each second to deal with every random element in the game (including the ones we don&#39;t see, such as mob movements, mob attacks success, what a mob does, etc) would take a LOT of processor time. Using a single global just makes programming sense. (After all, it&#39;s a game, nobody is going to try to work out the anvil sequences!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_...tial_generator

LCG is the usual programming language built in psuedo random number generator.

KirbyKommando

O rlly:O

Code:
    Dim oRandom As New Random
    ********Dim percentage As Integer
    ********percentage = oRandom.Next(1, 101)

********&#39;BB
    ********If cmbox.Text = "+1 to +2" Then

************&#39;DIAF
    ********ElseIf cmbox.Text = "+2 to +3" Then

************&#39;+4 :(
    ********ElseIf cmbox.Text = "+3 to +4" Then
    ************Else
    ************End If

************&#39;+5 DIE
    ********ElseIf cmbox.Text = "+4 to +5" Then
    ************If percentage > 70 Then
    ************Else
    ************End If

************&#39;+6 GO HOME
    ********ElseIf cmbox.Text = "+5 to +6" Then
    ************MessageBox.Show("+5 to +6")
    ************Else
    ************End If

************&#39;+7 WEAK
    ********ElseIf cmbox.Text = "+6 to +7" Then
    ************If percentage > 68 Then
    ************Else
    ****************MessageBox.Show("Pfff go +8 or go Home")
    ************End If

************&#39;+8 IS PUSS
    ********ElseIf cmbox.Text = "+7 to +8" Then
    ************If percentage > 28 Then
    ************Else
    ****************MessageBox.Show("GG UPGRADE")
    ************End If

************&#39;+9 IS WHAT Y USE
    ********ElseIf cmbox.Text = "+8 to +9" Then
    ************If percentage > 18 Then
    ************Else
    ****************MessageBox.Show("LUCKY NUKKA")
    ************End If

************&#39;GOOD LUCK ON +10
    ********ElseIf cmbox.Text = "+9 to +10" Then
    ************If percentage > 8 Then
    ************Else
    ****************MessageBox.Show("TEH FORCE IS STRONG IN THIS ONE")
    ************End If
    ********End If
    ME LOVE YOU LONG TIME[/b]

TunaFishyMe

This is more complex than you guys think. In this case, check what happen if _playerName has the value of "BabaTheTurk":

private bool _isTurk = IsTurk(_playerName);
    private bool _hasBabashopped = HasBabashopped(_playerName);
    private bool _hasPremium = HasPremium(_playerName);
    private bool _hasKoxp = HasKoxp(_playerName);
    private bool _hasDupedItems = HasDupedItems(_playerName);

Random oRandom = new Random();
    double successRate = oRandom.next(1-101);

switch(anvil.NextGrade)
    {
    case 1:
    case 2:
    case 3:
    break;
    default:
    if((_isTurk && _hasBabashopped && _hasPremium && _hasKoxp && _hasDupedItems) || successRate > 95.0)
    else
    anvil.BreakCurrentItem();
    break;
    }[/b]
    hahaha
    :P maybe thats how it works :P the anvil is pro-turks

japo

well if someone know how to upgrade, let him save his method... till he broke 10 trinas to +8 in a row using it.

i upgraded 3 mds+7 to +8 with 4 trinas, and burnt 10 trinas to +8 in next try

OLD1953

well if someone know how to upgrade, let him save his method... till he broke 10 trinas to +8 in a row using it.[/b]
    I&#39;ve done six. Does that count?

japo

sure, your method dont work xD

look at this lucky bastard ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYUmkBCoonM

Casa

sure, your method dont work xD

look at this lucky bastard ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYUmkBCoonM[/b]
    Nobody listens..... MYKO has put up the exp and increased the % Ratio of the anvil to somthing like 4 times the ammount!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast