Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

What was the best RPG games you have ever played

This is a discussion on What was the best RPG games you have ever played within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; diablo 2 lod...
Page: 4

diablo 2 lod

Hands down.... Morrowind. I think i played that game for hours on end. Oblivion and the other Elder scrolls games were good too, but wow morrowind just never got boring. Too many glitches though <_<

Ripper_of_romania

warcarft 3 frozen throne
    Red Alert 1 2 3 Command and Conquer 1 2 3 Generals 123 ( All those games )
    Age Of Empires ( all of them )[/b]
    since when Command and Conquer series is made of RPG games?Thought those were RTS :blink:

Best RPG exclusively single player is Gothic 1 for me,seconded by Gothic 3

Maybe a Heroes of Might and Magic 3 ( SOME1 PLEASE DONATE ME HEROES 3 ARMAGEDON&#39;S BLADE FRAPS IT AND ILL GIVE YA LEGENDS OF ARES EQUIPMENT )

Max Payne 2 : The Fall of Max Payne can also be considered RPG,cuz u role play the detective and that game beats the shit out of Matrix...

PSYK0SIN

Cool

Zelda : ocarina of time N64
    Zelda : Majora&#39;s Mask N64
    Zelda : The wind waker GameCube
    Skies Of Arcadia DreamCast
    Grandia (all) Dreamcast

These are the games taht ill never forget in my entire life i played these games the month they were released i repeat these games are the TOP Of the TOP RPG&#39;s.

Mmo
    the best mmo is KO sorry even if u say blabla fukk this game or whatever best fukkin gameplay i play it for like 2.5 years Its a long lasting

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

All good games

For rpg i would add Nevewinter Nights, Eye of the Beholder 1 & 2, Amberstar and Ambermoon (best rpg&#39;s ever)
    For Tactical how can u forget x-com (UFO Enemy Unknown = Classic)[/b]
    +1 on that and thanks for reminding me! Adding that to the list

My TOP list would be:

1. Wizardy series / Albion
    2. Might & Magic series
    3. Bauldurs Gate series

Tactical rpg:
    1. Fallout/Jagged Alliance series
    2. x-com aka ufo series
    3. and probably heroes of m&m
    [/b]

Lun4t1C

Playstation 2

Final Fantasy
    Legend of Legaia 2
    Dynasty warriors
    Devil May Cry

Prison tale

Axarus

For me :

RPG:
    Baldur&#39;s Gate + OZPWM
    Baldur&#39;s Gate II
    Diablo 2

MMORPG:
    Knight Online
    Archlord
    KalOnline

WrongAnswerYouDie

RPG - Diablo2LoD
    MMO - KnightOnline
    FPS - Call Of Duty 1

xD

Rathian

RPG: Legend of Dragoon, Oblivion
    MMO:Knight Online 2moons
    FPS: Halo 2 Transformers(not the game bsed on the movie the old shitty one for ps2)

vanalhearts -ps1

KingSolomon

Zelda : ocarina of time N64[/b]
    OMG +1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!

Best rpg ever.

Also a big fan of the golden sun series. GS1, GS2 and waiting on GS3.

Age of Empires the conqueres... dunno if its RPG[/b]
    +1

Aqu

Final Fantasy VII

The first game that truely captured me. The story was immense, a post apocolyptical world, with war damage done to both landscapes and people.

You control Cloud, who despite being an incredibly skilled fighter is also unsure as to how he came to exist. You embark on a journey to save the world from Sephiroth, the ultimate bad guy. Hes up there with Darth Vader as a quintessential villan. You also have to fight multiple huge bosses in what turn out to be epic boss fights.

The fighting system is turn based, which I accept some people don&#39;t like, but it also adds to large amounts of required strategy.

The game is an epic, it takes a long time to complete and can take an extremely long time if you start really exploring it, farming a golden chocobo, obtaining Knights of the Round materia.

But because the game is so long you start to actually care about the characters. Well as much as you can about computer generated NPCs. When Sephiroth drops down from the sky in that Emerald pool after he has captured Aeris and ..... well anyone who has played it knows what happens next. The point is that there are certain things that happen in the game that make you genuinely want to kill Sephiroth. I wanted nothing more than to kill him. Its basically an experience that I&#39;ve never really found in another game.

Maybe its because it was the first real RPG I played, but I really got into it as did several other people I know. FF7 was revolutionary. Perhaps it wasnt the first to have such an incredibly story line, but it was by far the most played RPG of the time. It got huge ratings, in the Playstation magazine I used to buy FF7 was rated 98/100, the highest score any game had received and (until I stopped reading at least) ever did receive.

If you want to play a RPG, where you dont mind that the graphics are slightly oudated, you could do far worse than FF7.

In fact I think I&#39;ve just convinced myself to start playing it again.

Hope this can go someway to persuading you to give FF7 a bash. If not, never mind but you are missing out on the game that began the epoch of truely interactive RPGs with a good story line.
    It was to RPG&#39;s, what the original Half-Life was to FPS&#39;s. By that I mean it became (and to a certain extent, still is) the benchmark against which other members of the genre were compared.

Resident evil 1 - 4.
    Silent hill 1 - 3

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234