Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

What do you really need to solo Eslant bosses as a mage

This is a discussion on What do you really need to solo Eslant bosses as a mage within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Arr0w Regiss ithink kalop still thinks mp has effect on damage of mages lol Prior to 20xx ...
Page: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Arr0w View Post
    Regiss ithink kalop still thinks mp has effect on damage of mages lol
    Prior to 20xx version MP has always affected the damage to NPCs done by mages. I don't know if they changed the formula somehow, which would be kind of stupid because it completely removes the stat from the game in theory, but if they didn't then it should definitely boost your damage against bosses. Hell, I recall a friend of mine got a +8/15 MP paper set just to kill harpies faster back in the day.

Edit: Seems like the MP mechanic is kind of unclear to some people still so might as well explain it here.

MP gained from stats increases your overall damage to people and monsters. Stats are capped at 255, which can be reached by every single mage even with 160 points in INT. This is the main reason you no longer see the old school paper mages. Now, the additive MP stat inside the brackets (+123) does not affect damage in PvP, but it does boost damage in PvE, which is why it is one of the most pointless stats in the game, except for reasons such as solo farming or solo boss killing.

tl;dr

Main stat bonus 255 - Works in PvP and PvE
    Additive stat bonus (+123) - Works only in PvE
    azreal313 likes this.

Thanks for the rundown, never really had someone explain it to me, I just always assumed MP made you do more damage in all situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Prior to 20xx version MP has always affected the damage to NPCs done by mages. I don't know if they changed the formula somehow, which would be kind of stupid because it completely removes the stat from the game in theory, but if they didn't then it should definitely boost your damage against bosses. Hell, I recall a friend of mine got a +8/15 MP paper set just to kill harpies faster back in the day.

Edit: Seems like the MP mechanic is kind of unclear to some people still so might as well explain it here.

MP gained from stats increases your overall damage to people and monsters. Stats are capped at 255, which can be reached by every single mage even with 160 points in INT. This is the main reason you no longer see the old school paper mages. Now, the additive MP stat inside the brackets (+123) does not affect damage in PvP, but it does boost damage in PvE, which is why it is one of the most pointless stats in the game, except for reasons such as solo farming or solo boss killing.

tl;dr

Main stat bonus 255 - Works in PvP and PvE
    Additive stat bonus (+123) - Works only in PvE
    You are very very wrong, since last CZ update bonus MP works at PVP

Quote Originally Posted by azreal313 View Post
    Wait, MP doesn't affect mage damage anymore? Even if you put stats into it?
    bonus MP dosent barely affect some skills, like 18 - the most important one to kill bosses in esl.

Sorry I'm kinda confused cuz u used a double negitive, so mp DOES effect spell damage right?

Also, if I want to go full into MP, should I go for 114 INT and rest hp or enough INT for krowaz then rest into HP?

Quote Originally Posted by BeastyBoy View Post
    Sorry I'm kinda confused cuz u used a double negitive, so mp DOES effect spell damage right?

Also, if I want to go full into MP, should I go for 114 INT and rest hp or enough INT for krowaz then rest into HP?
    the thing is MP affect most of spells but not all of them, also MP boosts are different for miscellaneous spells.

If you want PK in CZ - krowaz bulid only (160 int, 255 mp 57 HP).

Quote Originally Posted by regiss View Post
    the thing is MP affect most of spells but not all of them, also MP boosts are different for miscellaneous spells.

I had heard some rumors about such an update to have taken place at some point, but I was never able to confirm whether it was true or not. Must have been the 20xx update in that case. I haven't played many 20xx servers and up until 19xx MP wasn't affecting the PvP damage.

Quote Originally Posted by regiss View Post
    What level does these stats require? 83? I might start off as a paper mage, and then when I get a high MP, put a bunch of points into INT, so that it can be cheaper for me early and I do a lot of damage, and then i don't have to restat for PvP.

What level does these stats require? 83? I might start off as a paper mage, and then when I get a high MP, put a bunch of points into INT, so that it can be cheaper for me early and I do a lot of damage, and then i don't have to restat for PvP.
    Yes, those stats require 83, your best bet is to get 160 int, put everything else you get into MP and then the last 7 points into HP at level 82/83. Rebirthing will get you extra stats but you're miiiiles away from that.

Whats rebirthing? Is that new? O.o

Also, I don't mean to thread hijack, but do u guys think they'll make a new server when steam launches KO?

Whats rebirthing? Is that new? O.o

Also, I don't mean to thread hijack, but do u guys think they'll make a new server when steam launches KO?
    You can rebirth after you hit level 83 with 100% exp, it sets your EXP back to 0% at level 83, gives you 2 extra stat points (stat, not skill) and resets all your quests (personal quests, etc.), you can do it up to 5 times I believe, I may be wrong.

Oh ok thanks

From my understanding AP on a staff is for skills that you hit an enemy with your staff with, right? And elemental damage is for AOEing and normal abilities? I was thinking since I'm probably going to be using abilities and novas to level up, flame rings and WOE might be the best option to kill mobs faster

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12