Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

What's this?

This is a discussion on What's this? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I can't find out anything on this IP address. Is it even similar to Xtraps?? I don't think you are ...
Page: 8

I can't find out anything on this IP address. Is it even similar to Xtraps??
    I don't think you are sending it any password. But it downloads XTrap or a file it thinks is XTrap. You can download then run anything.

If someone doesn't give information about who's site this is you are being dumb to point XTraps download at it.
    Cos like it is their secret working server!!! LOL idiots.

Well said ZeIda very likely lots of people are so addicted they got scammed.

Worst case. // Hacker writes a fake Xtrap server. DOS attacks Xtraps server for 6 hours after maintaince. Puts helpful fix on the official site. Owns. //[/b]
    first of all we were using this IP address before when x-crap had those major problems, i think most ppl remember that. second, i looked up the address and here are the results:

Search results for: 4.79.218.32

OrgName: Level 3 Communications, Inc.
    OrgID: LVLT
    Address: 1025 Eldorado Blvd.
    City: Broomfield
    StateProv: CO
    PostalCode: 80021

NetRange: 4.0.0.0 - 4.255.255.255
    CIDR: 4.0.0.0/8
    NetName: LVLT-ORG-4-8
    NetHandle: NET-4-0-0-0-1
    Parent:
    NetType: Direct Allocation
    NameServer: NS1.LEVEL3.NET
    NameServer: NS2.LEVEL3.NET
    Comment:
    RegDate:
    Updated: 2004-06-04

OrgAbuseHandle: APL8-ARIN
    OrgAbuseName: Abuse POC LVLT
    OrgAbusePhone: +1-877-453-8353
    OrgAbuseEmail: [email protected]

OrgTechHandle: ARINC4-ARIN
    OrgTechName: ARIN Contact
    OrgTechPhone: +1-800-436-8489
    OrgTechEmail: [email protected]

OrgTechHandle: TPL1-ARIN
    OrgTechName: Tech POC LVLT
    OrgTechPhone: +1-877-453-8353
    OrgTechEmail: [email protected]

and last i looked up a bit about the company itself, so here they are: http://www.level3.com/about_us/index.html

highlight from the "about" page:

About Level 3

Level 3 (Nasdaq: LVLT) is an international communications company headquartered in Broomfield, Colorado. The company operates one of the largest communications and Internet backbones in the world.

Since our founding in 1998, Level 3 has been focused on delivering premier services over one of the world’s most advanced, IP-optimized networks. Level 3 owns and maintains approximately 48,000 intercity route mile. We offer a comprehensive portfolio of network offerings that spans Internet Protocol (IP) services, broadband transport, colocation services, and patented Softswitch-based managed modem and voice services. Level 3 also uses these network services as a foundation for delivering enterprise telecommunications solutions.

Level 3 counts among its customers:

* 19 of the world’s top 20 telecom companies
    * 9 of the 10 largest telecom carriers in Europe
    * 9 of the top 10 U.S. Internet Service Providers (ISPs)
    * Top U.S. cable companies
    * 3 of the top 4 telecom companies in Asia
    * Top 5 U.S. Wireless Service Providers

So basically what you guys saying is that "A Hacker" wrote exact copy of x-trap server, DOS attacked official x-trap server (i looked this up too, so K2s official x-trap server is registered inside K2 IP subnet), and then gave us the adress of bogus server which is addressed inside a huge backbone service comapny, and now planting shit inside the x-trap download...so he could steal ingame items?

gtfo :lol:

DoNotMess

Ah another day in the life of playing ko. o well guess its jus time to wait it out.

ManWithPlan

X TRAP IS FIXED!!!

1. rewrite hosts file back to normal (delete last 2 lines)
    2. delete all files in c:\program_files\KnightOnline\Xtrap
    3. start the game and all files will be downloaded again

DoNotMess

Mines now stuck lol...it says recv \xtrap.xt (0kb /unknown)

and jus hangs there in that little box at the bottem right.

restarted knightonline and the same error came as before...unable to update blah blah..

not fixed..not for me atleast :S

Ignore Me Senior Member

first of all we were using this IP address before when x-crap had those major problems.[/b]
    Hackers only need to get you once you need to be careful everytime.
    If it was hackers the program could be anywhere by now, not sitting in XTrap directory.
    I don't think everyone who editted host file knew anything of previous history they just got lucky.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678