Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

KO HAVE VIRUS ?

This is a discussion on KO HAVE VIRUS ? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; yaaaay i did other way reinstall ko berore u press on start and start downl patches turn off resident shielt ...
Page: 4

F-ck Yeah Senior Member evilstevil's Avatar

yaaaay i did other way
    reinstall ko
    berore u press on start and start downl patches turn off resident shielt
    patches downl log in and put the shield back on
    thx bro

Validating

same happens to me on avg, i tried repairing, when i launch ko put id pass
    this is what it shows

http://picspirate.com/img123/img49/0ff9ea4...b1acfe99/aa.JPG

Validating

Solution:

AVG Control Center->Resident Shield->Properties->Take out the tick from "Turn on AVG Resident Shield Protection"
    Download the 1479 path, copy it and have fun[/b]
    i understand the residen shield thing, but what do u meen by download the 1979 path and copy it?

yaaaay i did other way
    reinstall ko
    berore u press on start and start downl patches turn off resident shielt
    patches downl log in and put the shield back on
    thx bro [/b]
    i dont understand what he mean with copy ..... so i did this
    this works
    but when i tryd relog my rezzer treath detected so i got to do all over zzzzzzzz
    if sombody got faster way pls explain all ur steps u take... ty

Validating

i disabled that thing but duno how to do path thing?

Syde

Solution:

AVG Control Center->Resident Shield->Properties->Take out the tick from "Turn on AVG Resident Shield Protection"
    Download the 1479 path, copy it and have fun[/b]

guys i think he means patch? not path? if so dont kick your ass over a typo
    i think he means, download the 1479 patch from coronius, copy it into the knight online folder in programs and have fun B)

UncleS4M

Please don't start insulting me, but finding another way to by-pass the trojan might not be the smartest thing to do. You guys are shutting down you're anti-virus in order to run ko. The best thing to do is probably just to to wait for K2 to release a patch that will fix this problem(Maintence is on Tuesday June 5) . If anyonoe gets hacked for trying to cheat the launcher and play ko, you only have yourself to blame. Sure this may be really frusturating, and unfair, but I am sure that K2 is working on this problem. After all... their must be a lot of people sending in complaints. Just be patient.

P.S Good luck guys! ^_^

sub

I found out how to get it working. I use AVG Free anti-virus, which some of u do too.
    Uninstall AVG, remove virus vault and user settings with uninstallation. That will unlock the file. Now you just have to find another anti-virus that doesn't detect the knightonline.exe as trojan.

Priest23

ty ty ty

Spl1nt3R

Thumbs down

lol, yeah...i forgot about that. but still im paranoid about it. :unsure: they might have really good computer hackers working for them :lol:[/b]

Good hackers ? LOL!! Most of them that work for KO are programers. Anyone that is programer is a hacker.

LadyTorr

Please don't start insulting me, but finding another way to by-pass the trojan might not be the smartest thing to do. You guys are shutting down you're anti-virus in order to run ko. The best thing to do is probably just to to wait for K2 to release a patch that will fix this problem(Maintence is on Tuesday June 5) . If anyonoe gets hacked for trying to cheat the launcher and play ko, you only have yourself to blame. Sure this may be really frusturating, and unfair, but I am sure that K2 is working on this problem. After all... their must be a lot of people sending in complaints. Just be patient.

P.S Good luck guys! ^_^[/b]
    Lol +1

If the only way to get into KO is by disabling your virus protection, I'm sure as hell not doing it.

Banned

only glitch

zzzz just log and put the shield back on
    untill they find solution
    in need xp goddamnit

Validating

working now thnx ikarus

From official site : http://www.knightonlineworld.com/news.php?n=3&id=99

Date: 06.04.2007 Subject: Virus Detection False Positives

Hello Knight Online Players,

Many people are concerned about certain anti-virus programs detecting a Trojan Virus in the Knight Online executable that is packed in the latest patches from K2 Network. Our Quality Assurance department has installed these anti-virus programs, scanned the Knight Online files and determined these reports to be false positives. We will be contacting the larger anti-virus companies to update their databases to remove these false positives. Rest assured that the files that are distributed by K2 Network do not contain viruses or other harmful files. Thank you for your continued support of Knight Online!

- The Knight Online Team[/b]
    It's possible that all patch are false positive ? :unsure:

zZz zZz

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast