Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

WTF IS APIHACK ?

This is a discussion on WTF IS APIHACK ? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; i think i love you sussex thanks...
Page: 4

SugarDaddy

i think i love you sussex thanks

sussex

i love u all

Richard_II

Interesting, out of the five pc's that I have set up in our game room the four that will not work atm w/KO all have nvidia cards in them; mine is the only one that can succesfully acces KO w/out giving us apihookcrack and apihack errors and I do not have an nvidia video card in my pc. "CODE_FIELD [02-0300-000000000-044] Some functions provided by the operating system are not working properly" sometimes pops up too. But, I cannot find that exe file that you refer too to delete it; this is EXTREMELY frustrating and my wife is not happy that she has not been able to play for the past 4 days either.

We are desparate, please help if possible, CS has not responded to our requests for help yet either.

It is not my Trend Micro Internet security- it is the same problem with or w/out it running.

I am using 1136, have deleted the folder and even completely reinstalled KO to no avail.

I've helped fix all these errors to quite a few ppl now and the cause of the problem is usually either the antivirus or the firewall.

For example sussex problem. He said "I disabled the firewall, the AV but still the error", yet, he kills manually nsvcAppFlt.exe which is THE FIREWALL and then everything works. nsvcAppFlt.exe is part of the Nvidia Network Access Manager that comes with Nforce drivers as optional. That means he never disabled the firewall in the first place. Disabling means stoping the services so no process related to that application is running, no just telling it to not monitor anything.

Same with Cleatus who also told me he disabled the Antivirus, yet when I helped him, Antivirus was still on, he just disabled realtime protection I guess.

If u wanna get to the bottom of your problem, u need to STOP SERVICES or unistall applications, not just kill processes through the Task Manager. Go to your desktop and right click My computer, Manage, Services and Applications, Services. Or go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services. U will get to the following screen where u can stop/start services so u can troubleshoot your problem:

Current Antiviruses and Firewalls have application monitors that hook into the system and all running applications to see if something suspicious happens. Xtrap doesnt like this and will complain of APIHACK since 3rd party program is hooking into the game. Norton antiviruses are known to be incompatible with Xtrap, tho not all versions. I used Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition for years and the only problem I had was freezing when realtime protection was one so I had to disable that when I played KO. Now I switched Kaspersky 6.0 which is light years betters than Symantec and I can do full scans while playing and dont feel any performance hit. If u are using Norton and u see it's the source of your problems, try Kaspersky, NOD32 or Bitdefender which are the current top antiviruses in the market.

As for the firewall, Nvidia is not in the top list of good firewalls. I've used Zonealarm Pro in the past and was really good. I'll try it again and see if Kaspersky + Zonealarms works good with KO. If Nvidia Firewall is the problem, just uninstall nForce drivers and reinstall them but when it gets to the network installation, say NO to the Network Access Manager and Firewall part.

Remember that killing processes wont fix anything if u dont realize what's the application that owns that process and u dont stop that service. Killing processes will only make your computer crash.

Dedukiny13

Default ugh man i need help with APIHACK

now i always have a msg saying Xtrap not working properly (code_field) then it sais program h as to be terminated because of the APIHACK msg...... i tried doing what you guys posted and stuff... help me XD plz

Richard_II

Thanks for the response devile ; I arrived back in town last evening, and tried everything you suggested to no avail. Reformatted the hard drive and reloaded XP pro(and the multiple updates), Nvidia graphic card driver, Trend Micro Internet Security software, downloaded KO (and updates) and my wife's pc is working again :P . I will ghost this hard drive this afternoon when I arrive home from the office for the other three pc's and we should be back in business until we are k2'd again anyway :rollseyes: .

sotok

sine 2 days now i have the problem with this "some functions provided by the opration system are not working properly" error. i did all the things i found in forums and what freinds told me to do, but nothing is workig for me. im not willed to reinstall my whole pc cause of 1 little bugged K2 thingy.

any1 found a solution fpr this problem?

TakeThat

turn ur fire wall off (not windows ) others like anti virus / nvidia etc

Hell_Rogue_Germany

Originally posted by TakeThat
    turn ur fire wall off (not windows ) others like anti virus / nvidia etc
    2weeks now xtrap errors -.-

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234