Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

SuperSin & Friends: Get Down [S3E11] [Europa]

This is a discussion on SuperSin & Friends: Get Down [S3E11] [Europa] within the Media forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Manhattan Precisely. Sin class has lost it's charm. You could not have described it any better. I ...
Page: 4

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    Precisely. Sin class has lost it's charm. You could not have described it any better.

I alredy said this and I'll say it again: all these new generation of sins that, nowadays, are considered to be great by the mass, have never played with more than three fingers on the keyboard. And not only that, but they also never put any thought on comboing sequence. That is why I always laugh when I see these kids saying that 0000000 was bad because all he had was "OP items". Proof of stupidity.

As for the video, this one was nice!
    Since we can actually have a constructive conversation now instead of what we had on the Apex forums, just curious, who are these sins you talk about? I can't really think of too many to be honest, and all the ones I think are "great" are usually great because they understand how to play support sin more than anything else; players like KingFunky for example (or Rhymes as he used to be known).

As far as charm goes, I still enjoy playing sin for the simple fact of it still takes talent. Timing your abilities with your priests duffs is pretty important (having CP up when your priest uses super para, etc), however once you do that I feel like sin has just become an entire support class (IE: you use your CP and cooldowns and then just fall back and minor / cure / trade spam depending on what you want to do to your party). To be honest, there's only a couple of decent sins, and one of them is the guy in this video, I didn't even know this was possible until I watched this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL4qoiGdl2E

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    The fact that CP has a chance to double drains too, or simply the drain heals thing? Hopefully the 1st one even tho both of them is kind of obvious but well better get to know it later than never

Quote Originally Posted by david4244 View Post
    The fact that CP has a chance to double drains too, or simply the drain heals thing? Hopefully the 1st one even tho both of them is kind of obvious but well better get to know it later than never
    you say "its obvious" but yet, a lot of sins don't know and if they do they just never use it in vs, at least not private server sins, thought i could sort of see why, since most servers only use 720, dunno how efficient it is to do with 720 and not ibex

Obvious to the ones with that actually thinks*.

On the other hand except against warriors it aint rly worth it considering by the time you use the drain (and it's nowhere near 100% to get the crit dmg on drain btw), you can deal like 2x skills + 1-2 R dmg, yet alone the fact that mostly it aint worth CPing in the beginning of the VS since you are wasting the GG hp regen while being on full hp, and if u use it later, your enemy won't be on fll hp either ---> even less dmg from drain, so ye most of the times it's pointless to use drain with CP.

yeah, but even against warriors i hardly see people doing it on private servers, could just be 720 vs ibex pot though?

It works on 720 too.

thats not what i was talking about; was talking about the fact that its worth it take the risk and try to get the crit + drain + hp pot on an ibex because the hp pot is insane, so even if you fail the drain it would give you a substantial hp, but with 720 if you fail the drain you do get 1440 but that's a bit closer to not-efficient

That aswell, plus i still prefer to CP mostly (even against warriors) while i'm on like 50% hp, and CPing + hp potting + blinding and beast hiding them together. Against most of them it's enough to mess them up enough to be able to regen back to 80-90-100% (plus surely not wasting any heal, like if u CP in the beginning, getting a crit HP pot at 7000/7500 hp and healing only 500) and at the same time dealing gg dmges, stress them at crucial moment ---> winning the vs easily.

EDIT: It is all apply to servers w/o duration pots. With duration pots against warriors (even tho i didn't test it, since i didn't rly play usko recently // servers with duration pots) you can most likely just finish the vs before [or right after] the CP's 20 seconds finish, so you can easily start the whole thing with CP drain.

SuperSin Senior Member JayClaiba's Avatar

I don't vs often particularly bc I prefer the intensity of PK and as you said, playing support while CP regens. Hot damn that drain + 1080 pot luckc, assuming the warrior is at least 10k hp my bruh just regained 4k at the least.

I'm fairly certain that drain + cp only double's the heal, not the damage.

damn, i guess no one doesn't macro minor heal nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by JayClaiba View Post
    I don't vs often particularly bc I prefer the intensity of PK and as you said, playing support while CP regens. Hot damn that drain + 1080 pot luckc, assuming the warrior is at least 10k hp my bruh just regained 4k at the least.

I'm fairly certain that drain + cp only double's the heal, not the damage.

It doubles the DMG too, been dealing 2000ish dmgs with drain when krit worked on better geared warriors.
    erdo1990 likes this.

It doubles the DMG too, been dealing 2000ish dmgs with drain when krit worked on better geared warriors.
    exactly.. doubles damage and regain

ps1 : you're regaining as much hp as you're dealing with the drain.
    f.e.: in the video he deals with 10% (Vampiric Touch) 2626 damage and regains 2626 HP, if CP wouldn't crit it would just have been the half (DMG and regain).

ps2 : david > all
    Last edited by erdo1990; 05-24-2016 at 12:29 PM.

I wonder when they decided to change how CP works actually.. Up until 18xx it only gave you more damage and I'm not even 100% sure how it worked back then, because I had already stopped playing USKO at that point. I wonder who was the retard behind the change.

Quote Originally Posted by erdo1990 View Post
    exactly.. doubles damage and regain

ps1 : you're regaining as much hp as you're dealing with the drain.
    f.e.: in the video he deals with 10% (Vampiric Touch) 2626 damage and regains 2626 HP, if CP wouldn't crit it would just have been the half (DMG and regain).

ps2 : david > all
    this ^

drain restores the total amount of damage dealt, so if you don't crit drain and you only get 500 you get 500 hp; they're the same value stored on the server, it just pulls the damage and gives it back to you

anyway on topic; majed make a video of clips of you PKing in a party w/o a priest, like 3v5 or some shit with no priests and just you and some sin / warrior / kurian etc

would be more impressive and refreshing than the usual super para 1 hit

SuperSin Senior Member JayClaiba's Avatar

Interesting, never really was big into vs's but I'll keep it in mind!

this ^

drain restores the total amount of damage dealt, so if you don't crit drain and you only get 500 you get 500 hp; they're the same value stored on the server, it just pulls the damage and gives it back to you

anyway on topic; majed make a video of clips of you PKing in a party w/o a priest, like 3v5 or some shit with no priests and just you and some sin / warrior / kurian etc

would be more impressive and refreshing than the usual super para 1 hit
    So the way drain works in pvp is it copies the health gained value and places that damage upon the enemy, rather than calculating both separately where drain would deal 10% and heal would recov 10%x2. Not sure if the developers had thought that skill out to that point, fascinating.

I'll try my best.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast