Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

About listening to Ipods

This is a discussion on About listening to Ipods within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; hard to say, I've never used the inside the ear headphones, I find them uncomfortable but I would assume the ...
Page: 2

hard to say, I've never used the inside the ear headphones, I find them uncomfortable but I would assume the sound being in your ear could theoretically do more damage then sound from outside your ear. I use behind the ear earphones so that they dont fall out while i'm moving about, but use normal earphones when I go to sleep so once i'm asleep and move around they fall out so i'm not listening to music all night long[/b]
    haha thats pretty clever actually, but doesnt it hurt your ears when your sleeping on one side (with the normal headphones)? it kills mine, the only way to do it is if you lie flat on your back.. but thats the most uncomfortable position to sleep in.. for me anyway

Natazaku

It's a myth!

If you can hear the person next to you, the volume is too low.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

bunch of paranoid pussies in thsi post, seriously. while ur all at it dont leave the house without 100% UV protection sunglasses to protect ur eye sight, make sure to cover every inch of ur skin from the sun(or use really powerful sunscreen) so u dont get skin cancer, dont stand within 50 ft of anyone smoking or every be in the same room as anyone smoking to attempt to reduce 2nd hand smoke so u dont ever get lung cancer, oh and of course dont use a cell phone

geez -_- just blast ur music who the fuck cares...being worried about listening to music for too long with headphones...yet all of u sit at the comp for numerous hours during the day playing games and/or doing other things yet dont think twice abotu ur eye sight? rofl or talk on the phone and dont worry abotu whatever it was they found cell phones cause..tumors? cancer? cant remember

enjoy life while u live it, u only live life once....with the way medical tech is going by the time u might actually find a way to fuck up ur body theres more and more likely to be a cure of some sort for it in the future -_-

Man... I am all paranoid now that I will go deaf by the age of 20 :P My ears are to valuable to have any damage done to them.[/b]
    As Cama stated, unless you plan on leaving the house in some sort of bubble, filled with SPF 100, you're damaging your skin. By listening to the TV, you're damaging your ears. By reading this post, you're damaging your eyes. By writing the reply that you're about to write, stating how precious your body is, you're damaging your fingers. Life's a bitch, huh?

If you were to try to safeguard yourself from everything, you would be much better off just taking a razor blade and learning the meaning of the phrase "down the lane, not across the street". Much easier.

[]D [] []V[] []D Senior Member T_rey's Avatar

As Cama stated, unless you plan on leaving the house in some sort of bubble, filled with SPF 100, you're damaging your skin. By listening to the TV, you're damaging your ears. By reading this post, you're damaging your eyes. By writing the reply that you're about to write, stating how precious your body is, you're damaging your fingers. Life's a bitch, huh?

If you were to try to safeguard yourself from everything, you would be much better off just taking a razor blade and learning the meaning of the phrase "down the lane, not across the street". Much easier.[/b]
    If this is true, why do people complain about others that smoke weed.

Yea they are damaging their body, but so is everyone else, and its better for you then smoking additive cigerettes haha

PS: Off-topic ftw lol

evilwevel

i'm allmost 20 and i've always used the highest volume on my MP3 player, computer and in my car. no damage so far.

Yea they are damaging their body, but so is everyone else, and its better for you then smoking additive cigerettes haha

PS: Off-topic ftw lol[/b]
    If you're referring to my locking topics about drugs and whatnot, I don't complain about people doing them, I just don't honestly care much about reading how much 'fun' people are having rotting their brains. It's not needed and moreover, there are forums specifically for that if that's what you want to chat about.

it was more or less about the fact that it was made legal it would of made for a fair discussion or even debate on why its not legal in the first place

insulting him for smoking ... i dont see u jumping down ppls throats when theres been like 10 page topics about alcohol .... let alone locking them

I love to suck cock

it was more or less about the fact that it was made legal it would of made for a fair discussion or even debate on why its not legal in the first place

insulting him for smoking ... i dont see u jumping down ppls throats when theres been like 10 page topics about alcohol .... let alone locking them

I love to suck cock[/b]
    Made for a fair discussion my ass. That topic, just like EVERY OTHER TOPIC THAT HAS EVER BEEN POSTED about weed or any other illegal drugs, would have turned into "I was so stoned last week!".

And seriously, implying that I'm a hypocrite for disallowing discussion about an illegal substance and allowing it about a legal substance... Private, I don't know how many times people have to tell you this, but you are a fucking idiot. Your logic is the most backwards of anyone that I have had the unfortunate luck to meet. Why would I lock a topic about something that is completely legal in the first place? And no, don't even think about bringing up "Oh, but weed is legal in [insert state here]! That makes you a hypocrite!" I don't give a shit really. Last I checked, it was still against federal law, which, if I remember my government class right, tends to supersede any state laws. If you want to discuss it, I'm quite sure that there are plenty of other forums, willing and waiting to have discussions on topics just like that, however, this will not be one of them.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Was told that theres some earphones that block outside sound so you dont have to put it so loud. then it wont damage your ears so much.[/b]
    i have those, costs like 50$ bucks but i got it down to 20$ since a old friend worked at the shop :P... but anyway, yeah u can't hear anything around, and therefore you can decrease the volume of it, but i still crank it up :P

R.I.P Impulsive Senior Member jaspreet's Avatar

i was reading your issue with headphones. May i recommend you a wireless pair which is about $75. It very useful considering the fact that you dont have to worry about any wires breaking.

If you were to try to safeguard yourself from everything, you would be much better off just taking a razor blade and learning the meaning of the phrase "down the lane, not across the street". Much easier.[/b]
    Today is not your day, huh. I guess you couldn't tell the jokingness in my post.

I know that there is some stuff that is bad for your body. I was just wondering if i could prevent non necessary harm to my ears. I don't know about you, but if there is something that can prevent my ears from being more damaged then something else I would want to know about it. No need to get your panties in a bunch brah.

Today is not your day, huh. I guess you couldn't tell the jokingness in my post.

I know that there is some stuff that is bad for your body. I was just wondering if i could prevent non necessary harm to my ears. I don't know about you, but if there is something that can prevent my ears from being more damaged then something else I would want to know about it. No need to get your panties in a bunch brah.[/b]
    Oh, I got the sarcasm. My post was directly in response to your's and in hindsight, I probably didn't even need to quote your post, it was just easier to click "Reply" than to scroll down and add a reply, lol.

PS: Off-topic ftw lol[/b]
    because the effects of second hand smoke from weed/cigarettes are 100x worse than those of typing a message on the computer? :huh:
    duurrr hurrr? :blink:

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Made for a fair discussion my ass. That topic, just like EVERY OTHER TOPIC THAT HAS EVER BEEN POSTED about weed or any other illegal drugs, would have turned into "I was so stoned last week!".

And seriously, implying that I'm a hypocrite for disallowing discussion about an illegal substance and allowing it about a legal substance... Private, I don't know how many times people have to tell you this, but you are a fucking idiot. Your logic is the most backwards of anyone that I have had the unfortunate luck to meet. Why would I lock a topic about something that is completely legal in the first place? And no, don't even think about bringing up "Oh, but weed is legal in [insert state here]! That makes you a hypocrite!" I don't give a shit really. Last I checked, it was still against federal law, which, if I remember my government class right, tends to supersede any state laws. If you want to discuss it, I'm quite sure that there are plenty of other forums, willing and waiting to have discussions on topics just like that, however, this will not be one of them.[/b]
    technically its not really legal either, otherwise u wouldnt get fined for it :P do u get fined for possession of alcohol? nope didnt think so!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast