Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Did someone call "9 1 fun?"

This is a discussion on Did someone call "9 1 fun?" within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Football is a contact sport. The players are required to wear protective gear or else they would only be able ...
Page: 4

Football is a contact sport. The players are required to wear protective gear or else they would only be able to play twice a year, as they would need to be treated for head injuries, fractures, and other wounds every 6 months between games. If this game were to be played in the UK, and without protective gear (Since you make fun of the sport for having so much), they would make it a mockery. You would put even more regulations on the sport and make it illegal to for instance tackle someone.

Soccer truly brings the fantasy of Peter Pan to life, where dozens of Twinklebell fairies and children are running up and down a field kicking a ball. The only maiming you see is the occasional kick to the balls or tripping over someone. If you want to make fun of an American sport, make fun of Hockey or Field Hockey. Even then, there's still more action in the Girls' sport Field Hockey than there is in Soccer.[/b]
    They take pauses every 5 minutes and wear a load of protective clothing as you say. Do you realise that GIRLS in england play rugby for 80minutes with no protective clothing (short of sports bras and mouthguards), doing all the legal tackles that men use? American football is a fucking pathetic excuse for a sport played by weak, stupid, juiced up morons to simply get through college easier. This is why no one gives a shit about the sport outside North America.

Football on the other hand is the biggest sport in nearly every country around the world. The World Cup consistently gets the largest sporting TV audience in the world and statistically there are more injuries related to football than almost any other contact sport, including rugby and american football. The main reason being that tackles are directly at the feet/ankles which have small fragile bones which easily break, as opposed to chest barges and thigh squeezes.

But it's ok if you retarded americans want to pretend that your sports are worth a shit. You have your world series don't you!

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

Gotta agree on Zero on that one. Rugby and soccer are far more dangeruous and competitive sports than american football.

Biggest difference between rugby and football tackles? In rugby, can't take your feet of the ground while tackling, and the only target can be the guy holding the ball. Have you ever seen rugby's team or been on it? It's fucking though. Is not just fat guys with steroids that spend 2 hours a day lifting weights. Their whole training is far more advanced. And all the protection that football players wear is insane, compared to the cap, thin under shirt protection and mouthguards that rugby players wear, tops.

And what is girly abut soccer? It actually requires a lot of skill and physicall endurance. Involves more running than either rugby or football. It has become something so important that affects the nationalism of most countries. Games don't have 200+ stops like football, but are in constant motion. Even Rugby is more fluid than football, a lot more must say.

Along the lines, what the fuck is up with beisball? Slowest sport ever...

Banned Senior Member

yay for Canada!

Psy

Apples to oranges. We'd be better off comparing Soccer to Ballet.

Soccer Players and Ballerinas have high stores of endurance and strength.

One kicks the ball into the net as a game, while the other takes a ball or two in the hole for fun.

One sport skips up and down a field while the other skips up and down Swan Lake.

Ballerinas wear tutus and leotards, soccer players wear short shorts, tall socks, and a t-shirt

One is a fairy, and the other is a foot fairy

One is art, and the other is just a start.

The list goes on. But why not combine the two? This guy seems to have taken the initiative: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXH64EYAZFw

I don't see how a Football vs Soccer debate can be won. To my knowledge, Football is the only sport combining brawn, endurance, skill, teamwork, and strategy (Debate me on this all you want. It's a fact, not an opinion). Soccer combines endurance, skill, and sometimes teamwork. Punch line: you need more than muscle tone to play football.

windsmoker

One kicks the ball into the net as a game, while the other takes a ball or two in the hole for fun.
    wtf?
    what kind of ballerinas take balls in the hole? if u'd say some sort of stick... it would be logical O_O

Xtr3m3

I got to agree that American football is nothing compare to Rugby or Soccer. If they did made American Football without that huge equipment and spent more time playing/running/etc it will be so MUCH fun. In Soccer you need lots of skill. In Rugby...I never had the chance to play but it looks like is so much fun...and destructive lol.

Last but not least: Baseball. WTF is up with this sport lol. Worst sport ever invented period.

Hockey is super duper fun.

God, u talk like the most dangerous sport is the coolest or funnest one? OMGWTFBBQ I skate am I now the coolest kid ever?
    Football is cool, just hate all the gay fake rivalry over nothing (always fights, ALWAYS).
    American Football isn't bad I guess, dunno it much. But I hope ur not serious Psy, cause you would be pretty stupid.

VerHom

One sport skips up and down a field while the other skips up and down Swan Lake.

Ballerinas wear tutus and leotards, soccer players wear short shorts, tall socks, and a t-shirt

The list goes on. But why not combine the two? This guy seems to have taken the initiative: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXH64EYAZFw

I don't see how a Football vs Soccer debate can be won. To my knowledge, Football is the only sport combining brawn, endurance, skill, teamwork, and strategy (Debate me on this all you want. It's a fact, not an opinion). Soccer combines endurance, skill, and sometimes teamwork. Punch line: you need more than muscle tone to play football.[/b]

why do you call it football? Only 2 players actually kick the ball, for about 1% of the game, its retarded

I don't see how a Football vs Soccer debate can be won. To my knowledge, Football is the only sport combining brawn, endurance, skill, teamwork, and strategy (Debate me on this all you want. It's a fact, not an opinion). Soccer combines endurance, skill, and sometimes teamwork. Punch line: you need more than muscle tone to play football.[/b]
    Soccer players have hot wifes and are paid millions.
    American Football players are dumb and date men. D:

BB.

Banned

want to play a real sport? paintball kicks ass, and you look badass playing it as well!! to bad its so expensive, or other people would play it alot more

speedball ftw

Let's talk about shopping :wub:

Na jk, lets talk about UFC. h34r: <3

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

Let&#39;s talk about shopping :wub:
    Na jk, lets talk about UFC. h34r: <3[/b]
    you are so weird h34r:

Banned

Oh great, she&#39;s back on the forums....

Banned Senior Member

want to play a real sport? paintball kicks ass, and you look badass playing it as well!! to bad its so expensive, or other people would play it alot more

speedball ftw[/b]
    I dont like speedball, to me paintball is a bunch of people in the bush shooting each other. Not a bunch of people in an arena with giant things in the way and the match is over in no time at all

Big Gizzle Senior Member Disturbed's Avatar

I swear if any of these soccer fags seen NFL players up close they wouldn&#39;t been saying anything about American football being a pussy sport.. Soccer players are a bunch of little pansies that couldn&#39;t take a hit to save their asses.. I want to see rugby or soccer players go up against NFL players in un-padded American football and let&#39;s see who gets hurt the most.. Soccer sucks, rugby is watchable.. Just my opinion, I just like contact sports and other sports don&#39;t have the contact and skill as American football.. Besides MMA>all

P.S.

Watch this and imagine if they didn&#39;t have any gear on.. Would be a few deaths a year in the sport lol..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uYz7Wqssvs8

Hmm, didn&#39;t watch all of this video, but from the beginning, soccer players are a little too friendly with the same sex lol..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CQQ3t422FD8

Still luv my peeps on here who luv soccer tho <3

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast