Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

'Earth Hour'

This is a discussion on 'Earth Hour' within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; i ride a bike to work so i feel im doing enough as is...
Page: 3

i ride a bike to work so i feel im doing enough as is

Seekor

i ride a bike to work so i feel im doing enough as is [/b]
    lol

but yeah what happens when some terrorist gets the smart idea of crashing a plane in to a nuclear power plant and we have a Chernobyl times by like 1 million and hundreds of thousands of people die. They don't need a nuclear bomb just a airplane and one crazy ass guy to do it and there you go. But yes I do agree nuclear power is cleaner but i am edgy on the part that its safer especially even with the Chernobyl incident and the three mile island as well.

Zxenke

lol

but yeah what happens when some terrorist gets the smart idea of crashing a plane in to a nuclear power plant and we have a Chernobyl times by like 1 million and hundreds of thousands of people die. They don't need a nuclear bomb just a airplane and one crazy ass guy to do it and there you go. But yes I do agree nuclear power is cleaner but i am edgy on the part that its safer especially even with the Chernobyl incident and the three mile island as well.[/b]
    No. http://www.nci.org/02/06f/18-02.htm

Seekor

Ah thanks for that article have not seen that before. But also the tests were conclusive at 300 miles an hour which is quite slow if it were traveling faster its very possible that it could cause a nuclear reaction. I guess its worth it though but I would be still scared of malfunctions just as the one at Chernobyl which made the former capital of Russia uninhabitable. But the gains of nuclear power with its efficiency outweigh the risks after reading that article. I do believe isn't 80% of Europe's power run off of nuclear reactors?

Zxenke

I had a professor last semester talk to us about nuclear energy and the safety procedures that are in effect here in the United States. And after reading that article, the likelihood of anything happening is very slim.

Avg speed of an airline plane is 400-450 knots (~1.15 mph=1 knot)

Also, if there is a breach/problem they seal of the whole plant even if people are still in it. You have to sign a waiver if you are going to work at a plant or even visit one saying that you know the dangers and blah blah blah.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123