Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

God

This is a discussion on God within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; wow.......
Page: 4

Banned

wow....

DragonFire

that's what I was thinking

Psy

give me proof that god exist first? :lol:
    god is just a illusion/man/believe whatever you wanna call it created by men.
    if there really is a god, why dont he shows himself? there are millions of people died by this so called "god".

and if you think of where it all started... where you'd think god came from? out of an aliens ass and made the world in 7 days?
    have some common sence bitches

sorry for those i have offended, just making a point h34r:

and why does sience need to find the answer why?.. lol, why you'd think god created this? there so much pain and suffering in this world. and god is too pussy to do something about it(if there is one)

personally, i rather believe the MIB universe thing of something "higher" then us, like cama said[/b]
    An alien took a shit on this planet. That's how the first anaerobic microorganisms were introduced.

Sorry people, but I refuse to live my life "by the book" as it were. If there were a God, I'm sure He could show himself in a bit better way than through a book.[/b]
    He did... the Bible is (as we know it) relitively recent. According to Christian beliefs God spoke to people himself, then after all was needed to be said he guided prophets and apostles to put together a collection of books to help guide future generations.

The Bible is not written by him, it was simply inspired by him meaning there is no falt (word for word no doubt... well in my oppinion).

Untill it can be proven without a doubt that something can be created from nothing I will continue my belief. You guys can deny God all you want, but what annoys me is when people get all pissy over it and automaticly rule the idea out. However, in case no one noticed Christianity is NOT based on facts it is based on faith... which renders this topic useless.

Zero you can keep complaining about us practicing religion all you want, and how you think religion causes so much truble. But the truth is without religion this world would be in chaos. Every nation was founded on some type of relization of diety and life after death, thus rules and regulations were formed.

Point is religion should not be discussed on this forum because absolutely nothing good is done aside from pointless mudslinging. The only reason this thread wont be locked is because anti-religion is so prominant on here and most online forums. (why... I don't really know) The only thing I don't understand is why people limit God to what they can fathom. If God is diety and all knowing then maybe there are things that we just cant explain.

So as I was saying, a completely pointless thread which will only lead to more arguing and nothing good will come from it. But then again many people seem to live to argue another day. :mellow:

He did... the Bible is relitively recent. According to Christian beliefs God spoke to people himself, then after all was needed to be said he guided prophets and apostles to put together a collection of books to help guide future generations.

The Bible is not written by him, it was simply inspired by him meaning there is no falt (word for word no doubt... well in my oppinion).

Untill it can be proven without a doubt that something can be created from nothing I will continue my belief. You guys can deny God all you want, but what annoys me is when people get all pissy over it and automaticly rule the idea out. However, in case no one noticed Christianity is NOT based on facts it is based on faith... which renders this topic useless.

Zero you can keep complaining about us practicing religion all you want, and hos you think religion causes so much truble. But the truth is without religion this world would be in chaos. Every nation was founded on some type of relization of diety and life after death, thus rules and regulations were formed.

Point is religion should not be discussed on this forum because absolutely nothing good is done aside from pointless mudslinging.[/b]

Hmm, I see where your coming from. I had always been told that God wrote the Bible himself, pardon my mistake. Regardless, that still does not change how I feel about the subject. And it's not that religion should not be discussed, it just should not be discussed radically. The people who worship and believe in God, Allah, Jesus, Buddha etc, don't necessarily bother me. It's when people who either attempt to recruit and/or take it to the level of radicalism. (is that even a word?)

DisillusionedIdealogue

So WHY did god make it then just a sunday afternoon hobby? Science can explain why - Planets are formed by debris clumping together (basically) THATS WHY[/b]
    an answer to that would probably defeat the purpose. think of it this way, if we were meant to be lab rats, you cant tell your lab rats what they supposed to be doing :P . and yes, i'm saying that i dont know the real answer, no one does. in fact i doubt one real answer exists, i think we each have our own purpose and it is our own to discover and choose to follow or abandon.

Sorry people, but I refuse to live my life "by the book" as it were. If there were a God, I'm sure He could show himself in a bit better way than through a book.[/b]
    once again, religion is not limited to christianity xD. you can have your own personal spiritualism. the only choices are not a handful of organized religions and atheism, you can make up your own religion if nothing already available suits you. :P

Especially one that has so many contradictions[/b]
    true, but once again, the bible is not the only option. i personally think that the bible is sometimes (nothing is perfect) a great set of guidelines--i think life would be great if people lived by the ten commandments, and the bible often also teaches respect and love for others--but i dont think that it should be taken to be any more than that, after all, it was written by men (and women wrote some things too :P , although the romans cut most/all of it :unsure

Hmm, I see where your coming from. I had always been told that God wrote the Bible himself, pardon my mistake. Regardless, that still does not change how I feel about the subject. And it's not that religion should not be discussed, it just should not be discussed radically. The people who worship and believe in God, Allah, Jesus, Buddha etc, don't necessarily bother me. It's when people who either attempt to recruit and/or take it to the level of radicalism. (is that even a word?)[/b]
    some people do believe god wrote the bible himself, but in my personal experience those people are usually kinda scary :unsure: . but some do not, its up to you to decide for yourself since proof on the matter is somewhat..limited.. and I agree religion should be discussed, everything should be discussed, things tend to go wrong when people avoid talking about something because they feel it may hurt feelings or w/e.

Radicalism does nothing but hurt the cause of the Bible and some realize that some dont. I do believe in teaching what the bible has to say, its up to them to make the decision to believe it or not and forcing the issue not only puts your own salvation at risk, it makes the person you forced have a "fake" religious stance.

You either believe it or you dont, but it is still our duty (as Christians at least) to teach what the Bible has to say to others. I don't understand why some athiests, ect hate us so much because of what we believe but hey, it was told to us that we will deal with problems and be prosecuted for our views so it is to be expected. ^_^

DisillusionedIdealogue

Radicalism does nothing but hurt the cause of the Bible and some realize that some dont. I do believe in teaching what the bible has to say, its up to them to make the decision to believe it or not and forcing the issue not only puts your own salvation at risk, it makes the person you forced have a "fake" religious stance.

You either believe it or you dont, but it is still our duty (as Christians at least) to teach what the Bible has to say to others. I don't understand why some athiests, ect hate us so much because of what we believe but hey, it was told to us that we will deal with problems and be prosecuted for our views so it is to be expected. ^_^[/b]
    i never really liked the whole "you will be persecuted for your views" stance most religions take :unsure: . they were all begun by men (the churches, at least, if you want to argue that the religions were passed down from god him/herself.) and many organized religions probably were originated with the purpose of swaying and bending the masses to the author's will. i personally think that a religion should not have to scare people into obedience, and quite frankly some religious propaganda bother me (and forgive me for the term, but some are no more than that..). for example I just got a pamphlet delivered to my house some time ago that was nothing but loaded emotional appeals trying to move people into line with fear and/or pity. :unsure:

DisillusionedIdealogue

oh and by the way, i have not meant to insult anyone (except zero). my primary interest is to debate and explore the subject and see if my own beliefs can stand scrutiny, so sorry if what i say comes off as somewhat strong or offensive (except my last remarks to zero, i stand completely behind those, and anyhow they were aimed at him and his reasoning in particular, not at any religion, including atheism :unsure: ).

i never really liked the whole "you will be persecuted for your views" stance most religions take :unsure: . they were all begun by men (the churches, at least, if you want to argue that the religions were passed down from god him/herself.) and many organized religions probably were originated with the purpose of swaying and bending the masses to the author's will. i personally think that a religion should not have to scare people into obedience, and quite frankly some religious propaganda bother me (and forgive me for the term, but some are no more than that..). for example I just got a pamphlet delivered to my house some time ago that was nothing but loaded emotional appeals trying to move people into line with fear and/or pity. :unsure:[/b]
    The Bible is self selling... I don't think people should be scared into religion either (aside from what the bible says about condemnation). Truth always sells itself and if people really want to find it they will.

I am non denominational. I don't believe in all these far out ideas and traditions. I believe in the canon (bible only), and no other book written by man do I even consider. The Bible is the only book that is inspired by God, he approved it and spoke through his apostles and prophets. If you notice the first 4 books of the new testament are both on the same thing - Christs life, his death and ressurection. Even though they are on the same thing, why is it that some things are written differently? The Bible may be God approved but it is just as if you looked at a painting and wrote a book about it. Each person will find different things about that painting that stand out to them. None of their oppinions are wrong, but simply different perspectives of the painting. I think the same concept can apply with the Bible and in my view thats why there are 4 books on the exact same thing.

So I said that to say this; anyone who doesen't follow the Bible the way God said then their faith is just in vain. You may as well be staring at a rock. In my oppinion the Catholic church did more hurt to Christianity than it has ever done good. Mainly because of its apparent corruption, but anyways thats another story for another day. ^_^

And about your other comment. Yes I do believe Christians are verbaly persecuted (and in some countrys physically) for what they believe and thats shown here on the forums as well. Just take a look at Zero and many others, they literall hate us for what we believe, even to the point of calling us inferior.

The Bible is not written by him, it was simply inspired by him meaning there is no falt (word for word no doubt... well in my oppinion).[/b]
    this is still not right. There are many books nowadays inspired by "god", what discredits them? God isnt meant to inspire people past his sons death?

Untill it can be proven without a doubt that something can be created from nothing I will continue my belief. You guys can deny God all you want, but what annoys me is when people get all pissy over it and automaticly rule the idea out. However, in case no one noticed Christianity is NOT based on facts it is based on faith... which renders this topic useless.[/b]
    I have faith in that god doesnt exist. That means MY argument is foolproof right? :P

this is still not right. There are many books nowadays inspired by "god", what discredits them? God isnt meant to inspire people past his sons death?[/b]
    Kinda, I suppose you could say that. The ones that wrote the book were either talked to by God directly, directed by the Holy Spirit or directed by Jesus Christ himself. After the apostles died there was no one with the Holy Spirit to do miracles, ect. With that said, after Christ's death and the church was established the book was complete. All we have left to do now is follow what he commanded untill Christs return. There are plenty of "christians" that can claim to do miracles or claim that God has told them to write a book but in reality it's all a money making BS scheme.

I have faith in that god doesnt exist. That means MY argument is foolproof right? :P[/b]
    Hmmm, I don't think you understood what I was trying to say. I ment that the Christian sect alone can't be based on facts, because it's our faith that keeps up believing. I don't think my religion is foolproof to the point of how many facts we can throw out to people to make them believe what we do. This is why God revieled prophecies, however we still have to have faith that what we believe is true.

I will put it this way, ever sense became a Christian my life has never been better, I am much happier. Wether this is wrong or right doesen't matter I will stay on the safe side..... better safe than sorry ehh?

Kain_the_heartbreaker

as far as im concerned, i have absolutely nothing against the principles that christianity tries to teach. If everyone followed the christian principles, the world would be a much happier place. However, like wot others have said previously, i just cannot put up with ppl who take religion to the uttermost extreme. I&#39;ve met christians who have waved bibles in my face and telling me that ill go to hell if i dont die a believer. To me thats just funny cuz there is no way he will be able to convert some of the steadfast members of other religions such as hinduism (which just happens to have existed long before christianity). So what that guy is telling me, is that if u happened to be born in the &#39;wrong&#39; place and lived ur life amidst another religion, u will go to hell <_< My theory is that all the religions are interlinked at the highest lvl of perception and existence, and there is some form of a deity guiding us from above but it is our (humans) fault for misinterpreting the deity&#39;s original intentions. Im sure many of u have heard of the game &#39;chinese whispers&#39;, and thats wot i think happened to all the religions and how they deviated from each other. However, all religions have something in common, they all have a &#39;god(s)&#39;.

back to christianity, because im not a very religious man and the fact im asian living in a non religious family, my knowledge of christianity is somewhat limited. Im really want to know wots up with the conflict between christians and jews and cathlics (wrong spelling im sure XD) angelicans etc etc...... dont they all believe in the same god??? and why do they call jews christ killers? I thought christ was a Jew himself? Are ppl being hypocrites?

can anyone provide me with a satisfactory answer? :mellow:

back to christianity, because im not a very religious man and the fact im asian living in a non religious family, my knowledge of christianity is somewhat limited. Im really want to know wots up with the conflict between christians and jews and cathlics (wrong spelling im sure XD) angelicans etc etc...... dont they all believe in the same god??? and why do they call jews christ killers? I thought christ was a Jew himself? Are ppl being hypocrites?

can anyone provide me with a satisfactory answer? :mellow:[/b]
    Jews don&#39;t believe in Jesus. Well, some believe he existed but thats the major difference between us. The conflict between Jews is that Christians believe Jesus died for our sins and will come to take us to heaven at a later date. I really don&#39;t know much about Jewish religion to be quite honest with you.

As far as Catholic conflict, this goes way back. Before, you were forced to be a Catholic or burned to the stake which basicly started the conquest to the US for religious freedom. Back then the Catholic faith forbid you to study the Bible because we wern&#39;t "smart" enough to comprehend it. This lead to others wanting to know the truth behind the corruption, so they basicly broke off into seperate denominations from then till now. Sense the introduction of the Printing press things changed drasticly on how people percieved the Bible. There is a lot of baggage carried from each denomination that doesen&#39;t follow the Bible which is why I am non denominational.

That basicly sums it up... Catholics are not even close to as fanatical as they used to be, in fact most today hardly even practice religion. I don&#39;t mean to offend any Catholics out there, but thats the truth that seperated us into different denominations.

5DollahSuckySucky

As God is my nigguh he says to stop this debate.

btw i dont like jews

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast