Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

this is a hypothetical question

This is a discussion on this is a hypothetical question within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Ppl in Africa arent even given a chance to live...
Page: 2

Ppl in Africa arent even given a chance to live

Bl1ns3

About the monster-thinggy:

For all those who would let the lil boy die to cure the mankind ... would you still let him die if it was your son, brother ... whatever? And if your answer is "no": why is your brothers (whatever) life worth more than an unknown life?

DragonFire

About the monster-thinggy:

For all those who would let the lil boy die to cure the mankind ... would you still let him die if it was your son, brother ... whatever? And if your answer is "no": why is your brothers (whatever) life worth more than an unknown life?[/b]

As Schrotti said, You can't really have a true honest awnser...For one, you would be in total shock cause it is an animal no one has seen...and second that it is in fact, Eating a kid. Your biggest concern wouldn't be what it can cure all those people.

Psy

Let the boy live: wealth you have is only as good as the self worth you have. Of course, my opinion varies per situation. But most people who get heart disease, cancer, etc know that they are prone to getting it, yet do nothing to prevent it from ocurring. I am not going to sacrifice an innocent boy's life so that a 1 pack a day smoker, fatass with eating problems, or couch potato can live.

And to you people saying "how do you kill the sea monster?" grow some fucking brains. It's a yes or no question, not a "maybe yes" or "maybe no" question.

prolly the same as mine.

I don't have any.

i honestly do not know how i would react in a situation like that, neither does anyone else..
    i couldnt let another human being just die, but under that circumstances, meaning giving one life to save a million?
    seems worth it, but i personally couldnt live with a clear conscience knowing i left another human to die.[/b]
    Ki1laH answered as no why should i sacrifice few lives to save millions dollars .
    well my answer...................... i will sacrifice a few lives if im sure it will safe million lives, i will do the same as Edward Jenner when he sacrificed his son's life to find a vaccine for smallpox which was the biggest diseases at that time.

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Actually there are even worse scenarios about what happens if we give more aid to africa. Think for a moment what are the ACTUAL consequences, almost impossible to see all but try to.. I think 1 of worst ones said that if we increase it by 1000%, 300 years from now there is like 20 mil ppl left living in underground or in glass bubbles. Quess why.

Human race cannot be seen as part of eco system. Its planet, humans and then the rest. I think its time to see things from our point of view. We are talking about survival of humans, if there is a place that is rotting (just a figure of speech) or malfunctioning it needs to be fixed to preserve the health of entire system.

As individual u cant expect me to go to africa and order me (for example) to start killing everyone.

About the evul monster eating a boy its the same, even more if it would be my son. I would save the boy i think but i dont know how i would act and would even be afraid to speculate.

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

well my answer...................... i will sacrifice a few lives if im sure it will safe million lives, i will do the same as Edward Jenner when he sacrificed his son's life to find a vaccine for smallpox which was the biggest diseases at that time.[/b]

so you are telling me, you could watch how a little innocent boy is dying a painful death, even tho knowing you could safe him?

Ki1laH

so you are telling me, you could watch how a little innocent boy is dying a painful death, even tho knowing you could safe him?[/b]
    Yeah, sorry I couldn't do that...no life is worth an more than another.

And the chance to save other lives isn't worth losing one.

P.S.

Did the monster tell you he could cure all this stuff? Or was there just a sign saying this...otherwise how the hell do you know other than speculation?

Also how does this thing cure people? The touching of its skin? Eating it and shitting them out? Is the kid going to be shit out whole and better? Why would a monster that can save so many be so evil...oh wait...

so you are telling me, you could watch how a little innocent boy is dying a painful death, even tho knowing you could safe him?[/b]
    if this little innocent boy's life will safe a hundreds innocent kids i will do it in pain, even tho i hate to resort to do something like that, but i would safe as much lives as i can.

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

No... I'd just look away or keep walking, duh. Besides, how would you know that the monster cures cancer if noone has seen iot before? eh? EH?

Jokes aside, I'd save the little bugger. Gotta live in the present, cuz time doesn't stops. Why wait and save millions, while you can save just one right now. Quantity isn't better than quality.

Is like a story I heard a while ago, always keep it in mind. A young fisherman, with wife and kids, who's life based on waking up late, going to work just enough to get some food on the table and what the family needs, then plays with his kids and hangs out with his wife. A busyness man comes in the picture and says : "Why not you start investing more time in your work, develope yourself, buy more boats, make a fishing company, take it to the market, go open, and in 20 years from now you'll be a millonaire." To wich the fisherman respondes: "Then what?" Busyness man says: "Then you can play with your kids, hang out with your wife, sleep in till late, take naps and relax". And the fisherman replies with: "And what am I doing now?"

Living in the present > Waiting on the future.

TunaFishyMe

No... I'd just look away or keep walking, duh. Besides, how would you know that the monster cures cancer if noone has seen iot before? eh? EH?

Jokes aside, I'd save the little bugger. Gotta live in the present, cuz time doesn't stops. Why wait and save millions, while you can save just one right now. Quantity isn't better than quality.

Is like a story I heard a while ago, always keep it in mind. A young fisherman, with wife and kids, who's life based on waking up late, going to work just enough to get some food on the table and what the family needs, then plays with his kids and hangs out with his wife. A busyness man comes in the picture and says : "Why not you start investing more time in your work, develope yourself, buy more boats, make a fishing company, take it to the market, go open, and in 20 years from now you'll be a millonaire." To wich the fisherman respondes: "Then what?" Busyness man says: "Then you can play with your kids, hang out with your wife, sleep in till late, take naps and relax". And the fisherman replies with: "And what am I doing now?"

Living in the present > Waiting on the future.[/b]
    i rather do what the businessman says so i can earn enough money to send my child to a good university so he doesnt have to fish to a living.

ObiraBiro

And if you help the boy and he discover the cure to cancer >.< ??

"Quantity isn&#39;t better than quality" - Dro

Freezy

too dont have any answer

the_man_slayer

i would still let the boy die..

but only because the animal is indangered..

a species is more important than 1 person

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

a species is more important than 1 person[/b]
    is it? and how do you think would that species propagate itself as its the ONLY one left on the planet?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast