Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

this is a hypothetical question

This is a discussion on this is a hypothetical question within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; ok, that was a bad example, my mistake ok, do not say "what if" or "howcome" to this question, it ...
Page: 3

Banned

ok, that was a bad example, my mistake

ok, do not say "what if" or "howcome" to this question, it is a simple Yes I would, or No I would not.

Your Child is dying, a pain and slowful death, you do not have the money to pay for his/her operation. All of a sudden a man knocks on your door and promotes that he can help you with all of your problems. He hands you a button, and says that if you push it, you will get 40000 dollars. But the downside is, you will kill a random person in the world, it is completely random, it could be your child, it could be your neighbor, but the likelyhood of that happening is very slim. If you push the button, you will have enough money for your childs operation, but it would kill a random person you have never met, would you push the button?

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

ok, do not say "what if" or "howcome" to this question, it is a simple Yes I would, or No I would not.
    Your Child is dying, a pain and slowful death, you do not have the money to pay for his/her operation. All of a sudden a man knocks on your door and promotes that he can help you with all of your problems. He hands you a button, and says that if you push it, you will get 40000 dollars. But the downside is, you will kill a random person in the world, it is completely random, it could be your child, it could be your neighbor, but the likelyhood of that happening is very slim. If you push the button, you will have enough money for your childs operation, but it would kill a random person you have never met, would you push the button?[/b]

No.

But I'd babashop a gun and rob a bank to get enough money for the operation

Ki1laH

Your Child is dying, a pain and slowful death, you do not have the money to pay for his/her operation. All of a sudden a man knocks on your door and promotes that he can help you with all of your problems. He hands you a button, and says that if you push it, you will get 40000 dollars. But the downside is, you will kill a random person in the world, it is completely random, it could be your child, it could be your neighbor, but the likelyhood of that happening is very slim. If you push the button, you will have enough money for your childs operation, but it would kill a random person you have never met, would you push the button?[/b]
    No, its a trick. Everybody knows that such a button doesn't exist.

By pushing the button the man at the door reveals his true identity as jesus, and smites you down, by not pushing the button he actually cures all your problems and makes your son perfectly well.

Sry, I hate hypothetical questions like these, they don't make sense and don't really ask anything.

Psy

No, its a trick. Everybody knows that such a button doesn't exist.

By pushing the button the man at the door reveals his true identity as jesus, and smites you down, by not pushing the button he actually cures all your problems and makes your son perfectly well.

Sry, I hate hypothetical questions like these, they don't make sense and don't really ask anything.[/b]
    Yeah, it's an impossible hypothetical question. The reciever of death would have to be predetermined, unless the button released some random homing missle and killed the nearest person within a time of travel.

My solution: Withdraw some money and give your child the operation
    Other solution: Take out a loan and pay for your child's operation

he said ((it is a simple Yes I would, or No I would not. ))
    and my answer no i would not, 1 life = 1 life either it's from my son or for some random people

the_man_slayer

is it? and how do you think would that species propagate itself as its the ONLY one left on the planet?[/b]
    thts providing u know its the last one.. which i dont believe people would be able to prove with such a thing..

the_man_slayer

no i wouldnt push the button.. id get a loan ;p

or try take the chance hoping bush was killed..

i would push the button then the guy who gave me the button would die, i would laugh at the irony.

Banned

i would push the button then the guy who gave me the button would die, i would laugh at the irony.[/b]
    :P

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123