Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Learning new languages...

This is a discussion on Learning new languages... within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Don't be sad! I suck at german too although I am german xD[/b] :lol:...
Page: 3

Aba

Don't be sad! I suck at german too although I am german xD[/b]

:lol:

Don't be sad! I suck at german too although I am german xD[/b]
    im far from sad, since I gave up hope lol.

Hop hop spanish, here we go

Vyz

The first one is correct, but the second should be 'ciuccia il mio cazzo' xD!!!!
    I guess u know what it means :lol:[/b]
    ye, i know, but thanks for the correction :P

the_man_slayer

sureee.. confidence xD

freakyangel

well hmmm i dunno, maybe u should study something else, im good at languages, i speak english, french, german, dutch, chinese and a lil bit spanish.... and planning to study more spanish and italian too

but thing is, its possible that u jus arent made to learn french like me, i got no problems learning languages, but i did have loads of trouble learning german, which should have been rly easy according to my teacher since (i quote) 'its almost the same as dutch!' -.-

@soenne: how come u didnt have german classes in secondary school? ive had german since 10th grade (4e jaar)

StoneColdAngel

Deutsch ist die wohl schwerste Sprache die man lernen kann. Es gibt so viele Zeiten, mit hunderten von AUsnahmen, die man sich nie merken kann. Nichteinmal wir Deutschen wissen was wir sagen, wir sagen es einfach xD AUßerdem is das Sprechen von Deutsch auch nicht gerade leicht.

If you understand this, you are pretty good ...

@soenne: how come u didnt have german classes in secondary school? ive had german since 10th grade (4e jaar)[/b]
    In my school, we could choose between 2hrs math more or 2 hrs german. Since i was sure i was going for Applied Economics, maths would help me more out then german. Thats why I picked out math ...

Now at uni, I had my first year of german and it was insane lol. All the tenses in 2 hrs, I was like wtf hahah >.< Neways, going to pick another language next year, most likely spanish. Everyone starts from 0, so I guess it will fit me more :P

When learning a language, it makes it SO much easier to be in the country speaking it on a regular basis. I started learning french when i was 9, and stopped at GCSE&#39;s which is 16, even though i got an A my french was pretty bad. However after going to France a few times since then, i learned more french than i ever did from text books in schools. If you are American then i guess you can&#39;t just take a train to paris, i would suggest visiting quebec, it&#39;s a nice place anyway.

i took german for 2 years and all i remember how to say is i have a big sausage

guess i am too american for anything else than english

although... i want to learn japanese right now

I dunno...maybe I just can&#39;t learn french..
    I&#39;ve been taking french classes in school since 7th grade ...and I&#39;m in 11th grade now and I&#39;m only in French II because of my lack of confidence that I could have progressed any faster than that without getting a bad grade in the class h34r:

does anyone else feel like they just can&#39;t learn a language? or have any tips? seriously I spent like 4 hours on 7 pages of french homework tonight that was just supposed to be a review from last year [/b]

It&#39;s not just you. I&#39;ve been taking Spanish for the past 3 years, since my Freshman year (Junior now) and, while I&#39;ve got the grammar down, the vocab kicks my ass. I know how to conjugate to any tense up to the subjunctive, but without knowing how to say what you wanna say, knowing the proper format is kinda useless lol.

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

It is hard... if u can&#39;t do 2+2! ha... dumb people can&#39;t learn other languages, and fattys from texas can&#39;t learn spanish... wich is weird, since you are closer to being mexican than to be from the US...

Banned Senior Member

I learned french in school, it was annoying but I wasn&#39;t bad at it. After I did my exam in grade 9 tho I never took it again, and now I can do shit all about french. Going from french to english is easier to translate roughly then from english to french

people in texas shouldn&#39;t have to learn spanish...

Ruthless

apparently, its easier to learn a language when you are really young than when you are older...not exactly sure why, but its a fact. maybe its cos when you&#39;re young, ur brain absorbs things really quickly where as when ur older...ur brain cant absorb information like that...hence. people become dropouts :P

Banned

well im from america and ive been learning hebrew from 1st grade to 8th grade lol (currently in 8th grade). well best tip wood prolly be to not think about ko in skool and do homework before ko ^^. next best tip wood be to try to think totally in french. when u try to use ur knowledge of english to learn a different language, it will just screw u up and make it harder. when ur thinking to urself in ur head, use french words instead of english words

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast