Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Need help On a new Diet

This is a discussion on Need help On a new Diet within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; WHAT? Ok. F irst of all meat doesn't take any longer to digest than most other foods. Digesting a lot ...
Page: 3

WHAT?

Ok. First of all meat doesn't take any longer to digest than most other foods. Digesting a lot of meat is no harder than digesting a lot of pasta. The more meat you generally eat, the more enzymes that break down those proteins are produced, so it would be quicker for a BBer than for a vegetarian. Second, no bodybuilder EVER starves themselves. Starving is not a good way to lose fat and it is a very good way to lose muscle mass. If your body is not getting energy in the form of food then it will store your fat and start burning muscle. Bodybuilders cut by lowering their calories to a bit under their maintenance level, using some supplements/drugs, eating very clean, and also some tricks to do with salt to lower their water content to very low levels. It isn't healthy to have BF% at that level (3%) for more than a couple of days without serious health risks. A bodybuilder on a cut would still eat a shitload more food than an ordinary person.

If you aren't sure, why bother posting? Then again I remember you posting bullshit in the religion topics. Tuna is mostly correct, although everyone is slightly different so some people might need more protein per day and some less. But generally everything in his post is true.[/b]
    It takes 3 days to digest meat from cow and pig. It takes around 1.5-2days for chicken.

Every body builders starve (not starve but eat 1 meal a day and not a big one) themselves before the competition. Obviously you do no know what you are talking about. I do my trainer was a body builder. They starve themselves because you will lose weight quick and won't lose your muscle, but if you lose weight gradually you will lose a lot of muscle and everything that you did was pointless.

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

Notorious P.A.T Senior Member AsSaiLaNT9082's Avatar

agendas

You can't gain muscle, without gaining weight. You can get toned, but you don't gain muscle.[/b]
    Its called getting stronger as you lose weight and yes you can lol. You have so much more flab on your body than you can possibly know.

lil_mageskillz

p.s. drink water![/b]
    isnt it bad to drink to much water?

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Its called getting stronger as you lose weight and yes you can lol. You have so much more flab on your body than you can possibly know.[/b]
    muscle weighs more than "flab"...for every bit of "flab" u replace by muscle, u gain weight

isnt it bad to drink to much water?[/b]
    its bad to do too much of ANYTHING

It takes 3 days to digest meat from cow and pig. It takes around 1.5-2days for chicken.

Every body builders starve (not starve but eat 1 meal a day and not a big one) themselves before the competition. Obviously you do no know what you are talking about. I do my trainer was a body builder. They starve themselves because you will lose weight quick and won't lose your muscle, but if you lose weight gradually you will lose a lot of muscle and everything that you did was pointless.[/b]
    This is plain bullshit. They eat normal protein meals at regular intervals (several per day), they just mess with carbs intakes lot. This isn't "starvation". If you eat one meal per day in prep for a contest you will lose a lot of muscle, fact. They want to keep their protein intake high whilst prepping.

As for digestion, you should really ask a scientist rather than a "trainer". Most trainers are just taught soundbites with regards to biology and can't back up their claims. Meat is digested in a matter of hours (less than 6), not days. Infact meat digests faster than fibrous plant food for the very reason why fibre is so good; we can't digest cellulose. Herbivores even have longer digestive tracts because it takes longer to digest. Stuff doesn't hang around in our stomachs for days and days, that's not how the body works. If we can't digest something then it gets shitted out. While the digestion process might take a few hours max, it can take a day or a bit more before it is shitted out, but this is the same for all food and has nothing to do with speed of digestion.

One of my good friends is an amateur bodybuilder and he's constantly eating tuna, chicken breast, rice and veggies.

He eats like 6 meals a day and supplements them with protein shakes.

Or you could try the Michael Phelps diet:

Breakfast: Three fried-egg sandwiches loaded with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise. Two cups of coffee. One five-egg omelet. One bowl of grits. Three slices of French toast topped with powdered sugar. Three chocolate-chip pancakes.

Lunch: One pound of enriched pasta. Two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayo on white bread. Energy drinks packing 1,000 calories.

Dinner: One pound of pasta. An entire pizza. More energy drinks.

Good luck bro.[/b]
    I was going to say is he or bodybuilder or something, that's a hell of a rich protein diet. Fuck that! I prefer weight loss not muscles

As for digestion, you should really ask a scientist rather than a "trainer". Most trainers are just taught soundbites with regards to biology and can't back up their claims. Meat is digested in a matter of hours (less than 6), not days. Infact meat digests faster than fibrous plant food for the very reason why fibre is so good; we can't digest cellulose. Herbivores even have longer digestive tracts because it takes longer to digest. Stuff doesn't hang around in our stomachs for days and days, that's not how the body works. If we can't digest something then it gets shitted out. While the digestion process might take a few hours max, it can take a day or a bit more before it is shitted out, but this is the same for all food and has nothing to do with speed of digestion.[/b]
    I still go by starvation claim. It isn't starvation and I shouldn't of called it that, but they do mess with their food intakes a lot. As for the digestion my trainer did not say anything about that it was my mom who used to teach bio at Boston college. So professor>Ko4life People

i always base my arguments on what my mom says

Banned

i always base my arguments on what my mom says[/b]
    Did your mom tell you to scam people too?

i always base my arguments on what my mom says[/b]
    Why does it matter that it was my mom? She is very intelligent and she knows what she was talking about. I was going to go on an almost all meat and rice diet for weight lifting and she told me not to and provided proof.

From the beginning Senior Member EG4L's Avatar

Why does it matter that it was my mom? She is very intelligent and she knows what she was talking about. I was going to go on an almost all meat and rice diet for weight lifting and she told me not to and provided proof.[/b]
    did she wack out her flabber?

Oldschool wanabe Senior Member gramps's Avatar

i just eat whatever my mom cooks and im a ripped machine

[]D [] []V[] []D Senior Member T_rey's Avatar

100% whey protein shakes work well if your ever looking into getting a good source of protein

If you want to gain weight fast while working out eat 2-3 Peanut butter sandwiches every night before you go to sleep

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast