Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Turkey invading Iraq?

This is a discussion on Turkey invading Iraq? within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; I just heard this on the news as I was getting ready for bed, and I need to go cause ...
Page: 1

HotAsIce

I just heard this on the news as I was getting ready for bed, and I need to go cause I have to be up in a couple hours, anyone have any info on this? I heard a couple hundred thousand troops were on the border of Iraq, but I don't know the details of why, or what they are waiting for/plan on doing. I'll log back in and check whats up on the forums, if noone knows, I'll look myself, but its much easier to get people to do the work for me :P I assume it has something to do with the PKK attacks inside of Turkey. Share what you know!

freakyangel

This was a question on my history test -.- I didn&#39;t know the answer but my brother says that Iraq attacked some car or whatever u call that of Turkey that was on the border of Iraq and now Turkey wants revenge or something >.<

bazzeeka

let the stupid countrys fight who cares :\ both there lands are a peace of dust anyway lol

HotAsIce

I&#39;m not interested in your opinions of either countries or the politics and banter between them, I want to nkow the facts. This is a keep your opinions to your self kind of post, thank you.

PKK- Kurdistan Worker&#39;s Party- which is a terrorist group living in the norther area of Iraq which is close Turkey&#39;s borders.Throughout the years, ever since the 1980&#39;s the Pkk has killed thousands of Turkish citizens as an act of terrorism. However, that did not trigger Turkey to commit any actions untill these past deaths of Turkish soldiers (especially those 12 that died and caused that KO event where there were 5 top turkish clans in the memory of those fallen soldiers). 8 were also taken hostage and the pkk leader will not return them to Turkey. So, turkish leader gets together about 100,000 troops including tanks and planes and places them near the border and are prepared to invade Iraq to go after the PKK in the determination to rid of them once and for all. There are only about 3,000 PKK members if your wondering. Also, because of this act, there might be a conflict between Iraq and Turkey.

thats all i know i hope that helps

dragunmaster

I dont know anything about this, but maybe if they do have a war then some of those turks (JUST THE BAD ONES AND THE ANNOYING ONES I HAVE MANY TURK FRIENDS IN GAME SO JUST THE ANNOYING ONES) will you know............................ anyways I hope nothing bad happens

Ripper_of_romania

Banned

dont know why turkey has let these few people push them around for so long, about time they man up to the balls they got and do something. he aint just sending 10k troops for a mearly 3k terrorist. hes sending way more then needed. witch is good because it shouldnt last long anyway, and maybe the US will help turkey if turkey dosent accomplish the victory ASAP. but good how turkey doing this but they should have done this earler and i give them respect for this also

whocares21

let the stupid countrys fight who cares :\ both there lands are a peace of dust anyway lol[/b]
    yeah but those dusty countries have the oil u need to run ur can to chase kangaroos in your desert

redbluegreen44

yeah but those dusty countries have the oil u need to run ur can to chase kangaroos in your desert[/b]
    LMAO ownt :lol:

dont know why turkey has let these few people push them around for so long, about time they man up to the balls they got and do something. he aint just sending 10k troops for a mearly 3k terrorist. hes sending way more then needed. witch is good because it shouldnt last long anyway, and maybe the US will help turkey if turkey dosent accomplish the victory ASAP. but good how turkey doing this but they should have done this earler and i give them respect for this also[/b]

100k not 10k , but yea thats a shitload of people.

Banned

Turkey isn&#39;t necessarily invading Iraq. Turkey is trying to invade the Kurd territory (the northernmost part of Iraq). The Kurds are basically like the jews in Israel. They want their own country. The want the southern part of Turkey and the northern part of Iraq. However, the Turks don&#39;t want to let that happen.

USA is supporting the Kurds.

Banned

how do we support kurds when we like ally with turkey? :unsure:

100k not 10k , but yea thats a shitload of people.[/b]
    if you read carfully you would have seen that me saying "10k" is just a example and not the real amount :P

Banned

PKK- Kurdistan Worker&#39;s Party- which is a terrorist group living in the norther area of Iraq which is close Turkey&#39;s borders.Throughout the years, ever since the 1980&#39;s the Pkk has killed thousands of Turkish citizens as an act of terrorism. However, that did not trigger Turkey to commit any actions untill these past deaths of Turkish soldiers (especially those 12 that died and caused that KO event where there were 5 top turkish clans in the memory of those fallen soldiers). 8 were also taken hostage and the pkk leader will not return them to Turkey. So, turkish leader gets together about 100,000 troops including tanks and planes and places them near the border and are prepared to invade Iraq to go after the PKK in the determination to rid of them once and for all. There are only about 3,000 PKK members if your wondering. Also, because of this act, there might be a conflict between Iraq and Turkey.

thats all i know i hope that helps[/b]
    Its not terrorism. They want their own land. They are being killed by both sides. They are being killed by the Irakis and they are being killed by the Turks. They tried to assimilate with the Turks, but the Turks have closed their borders. Along with that, Kurds are treated like dirt or "terrorists". Where do you expect these people to go? la la land? Give them their own land.

I don&#39;t understand Turk mentality. They don&#39;t want War. Yet, they don&#39;t want to assimilate with the Kurds nor do they want to give them a small portion of their land. Its like they dupe in Knight Online and then they try and get other cheaters banned.

how do we support kurds when we like ally with turkey? :unsure:
    if you read carfully you would have seen that me saying "10k" is just a example and not the real amount :P[/b]
    We are supplying them with weapons so that they alteast stand a chance against the Turks.

Banned

We are supplying them with weapons so that they alteast stand a chance against the Turks.[/b]
    hmm...i wounder if turkey say you ( USA ) help kurds we are no longer ALLY, get out of our air space. then wtf?
    all caious :S

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast