Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

This is what is wrong with the American education system and how "separation of church and state" is being taken to extremes

This is a discussion on This is what is wrong with the American education system and how "separation of church and state" is being taken to extremes within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,344350,00.html...
Page: 1

Judas Iscariot

lol, amerikkkans.

Zxenke

I'm glad I didn't go to public school

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

Edit: Nvm.

2nd Edit: I think there needs to be MORE separation of church and state, we still have god in the pledge of allegiance, and here in Texas, this school year the Texas Pledge was changed to have god in it as well.

Let people do whatever they want with their religion...as long as they dont force it on people i think its acceptable.

Zxenke

2nd Edit: I think there needs to be MORE separation of church and state, we still have god in the pledge of allegiance, and here in Texas, this school year the Texas Pledge was changed to have god in it as well.[/b]
    Then you are trying to remove the very principles this country was founded upon

well the own president uses religion has a political way to be more popular, it should be changed :P

This country was founded upon the freedom of religion/Christianity. Now, they are trying to take Christianity away. The people of the U.S. are so blinded.

2nd Edit: I think there needs to be MORE separation of church and state, we still have god in the pledge of allegiance, and here in Texas, this school year the Texas Pledge was changed to have god in it as well.[/b]
    Agreed, religion has no place in a children's place of learning. We should all follow the French model, their seperation of church and state is the best in the world and they also have the best schools anywhere which is no coincidence. The one thing about the USA that i love is your constitution, it's a real shame how your governments have destroyed it in the last 200 years. Jefferson would be turning in his grave.

This country was founded upon the freedom of religion/Christianity. Now, they are trying to take Christianity away. The people of the U.S. are so blinded.[/b]
    Yeah, it was founded by Christians, but that doesn't mean it should be pushed on every one else, after all, there are several other religions in the U.S. And I highly doubt the rest of America is as blind as you think they are, if they know that the Pledge has god in it, they probably assume that America was founded on Christianity, or something along those lines :P

Yeah, it was founded by Christians, but that doesn't mean it should be pushed on every one else, after all, there are several other religions in the U.S. And I highly doubt the rest of America is as blind as you think they are, if they know that the Pledge has god in it, they probably assume that America was founded on Christianity, or something along those lines :P[/b]
    How is it pushed upon everyone else. Is it because there is the word God in the pledge of Alligance or how it has "In God We Trust" on money?

Agreed, religion has no place in a children's place of learning. We should all follow the French model, their seperation of church and state is the best in the world and they also have the best schools anywhere which is no coincidence. The one thing about the USA that i love is your constitution, it's a real shame how your governments have destroyed it in the last 200 years. Jefferson would be turning in his grave.[/b]
    I agree with seperation of church and state, but there is a fine line between punishing someone for putting a Bible verse on a painting and actually teaching about different religions. If you want to learn about different religion/Christianity go to a private school like me. Private schools are better then just also learning about religion, but also they have a better education system. My private school's standard classes are public school's AP (AP is above Honors) classes.

How is it pushed upon everyone else. Is it because there is the word God in the pledge of Alligance or how it has "In God We Trust" on money?
    I agree with seperation of church and state, but there is a fine line between punishing someone for putting a Bible verse on a painting and actually teaching about different religions. If you want to learn about different religion/Christianity go to a private school like me. Private schools are better then just also learning about religion, but also they have a better education system. My private school's standard classes are public school's AP (AP is above Honors) classes.[/b]
    God or religion in art, thats fine, but I don't think it should be in the pledge or money, because every student has to say the Pledge according to the law, so thats kinda like pushing it on them.

God or religion in art, thats fine, but I don't think it should be in the pledge or money, because every student has to say the Pledge according to the law, so thats kinda like pushing it on them.[/b]
    God is in many different religions. Some say God some say Allah etc. Did you know that Judaism and Muslims are brother religions. These religion litteraly come from the same blood line (Abraham's blood line) God told Abraham that he was going to have as many children as the stars, but he said how can he have that many when him and his wife, Sarah, are old (His wife was also barren). So Abraham had relations with his servant,hagar, and had a son from her named Ishmael who formed the religion Muslim.

PuppyDog

God or religion in art, thats fine, but I don't think it should be in the pledge or money, because every student has to say the Pledge according to the law, so thats kinda like pushing it on them.[/b]
    no they dont. they are only required to stand up

Zxenke

Yea, there is a line between teachers teaching students in public schools about religion, and things like

It is unconstitutional for a student to pray aloud over his lunch. Reed v. van Hoven.[/b]
    It is the parent's responsibility to teach their children about religion, if they choose to do so. Separation of Church and State, a twisted view of what Jefferson was talking about, is infringing upon free speech.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast