Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

This is what is wrong with the American education system and how "separation of church and state" is being taken to extremes

This is a discussion on This is what is wrong with the American education system and how "separation of church and state" is being taken to extremes within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Is that how you became an infamous alcoholic here? :lol: You can see stuff blowing in the wind, does that ...
Page: 3

Hennessy

Is that how you became an infamous alcoholic here? :lol:
    You can see stuff blowing in the wind, does that count? Carbon dating and shit like that proves the earth is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy older than 6,000 years old xD[/b]
    well yea.. i know but like LITERLLY see the wind.. lmao just curious.. and that carbon fact is intersting

there is a LOT of evidence for the date of earth. I mean decades worth of research. The actual timeline of evolution and the date of certain events is disputed, but the order of magnitude is so much larger than 6000 years that it makes their position ridiculous.

As for wind, what happens when you see clouds moving in the sky? Its the air pushing them. When you see any coloured gas moving, or watch smoke from a fire, its the air. The motion of gases is covered brilliantly by Einsteins theory of Brownian motion. Air is just a gas that happens to be colourless, but there are many gases that are coloured and have the exact same behaviour.

Hennessy

there is a LOT of evidence for the date of earth. I mean decades worth of research. The actual timeline of evolution and the date of certain events is disputed, but the order of magnitude is so much larger than 6000 years that it makes their position ridiculous.

As for wind, what happens when you see clouds moving in the sky? Its the air pushing them. When you see any coloured gas moving, or watch smoke from a fire, its the air. The motion of gases is covered brilliantly by Einsteins theory of Brownian motion. Air is just a gas that happens to be colourless, but there are many gases that are coloured and have the exact same behaviour.[/b]
    oh i see zero , thanks for the info pal .. your very smart =)

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

As for wind, what happens when you see clouds moving in the sky? Its the air pushing them. When you see any coloured gas moving, or watch smoke from a fire, its the air. The motion of gases is covered brilliantly by Einsteins theory of Brownian motion. Air is just a gas that happens to be colourless, but there are many gases that are coloured and have the exact same behaviour.[/b]
    What exactly do you study in college? I wanna study that...I've always wanted to know the things you're explaining now xD

well yea.. i know but like LITERLLY see the wind.. lmao just curious.. and that carbon fact is intersting[/b]
    Its too small to see...you would see hydrogen molecules and ect im sure if you get a nice enough microscope.

lol 6K years old!!! Im sure we got trees older than that. xD

Hennessy

Its too small to see...you would see hydrogen molecules and ect im sure if you get a nice enough microscope.

lol 6K years old!!! Im sure we got trees older than that. xD[/b]
    i doubt any tree can last 6k years LMAO

cama

What exactly do you study in college? I wanna study that...I've always wanted to know the things you're explaining now xD[/b]
    general ed classes+reading on ur own free time=knowing shit

wasn't america a "christian country" or something like that? O___o

i doubt any tree can last 6k years LMAO[/b]
    The redwood forest in Cali is a couple hundred years old, or somethin like that :P Their root systems have joined together as one single thing, its crazy

What exactly do you study in college? I wanna study that...I've always wanted to know the things you're explaining now xD[/b]
    I'm not a great example really. I did pure maths and science at college and at uni i did astrophysics for 2 years and then computer science for 1 year, finishing neither course since i quit to work in music. You don't need a course to learn this stuff, you can just pick up a college level physics textbook or watch some documentaries on science.

Hennessy

The redwood forest in Cali is a couple hundred years old, or somethin like that :P Their root systems have joined together as one single thing, its crazy [/b]
    couple hundred is nothing compared to 6 thousand

general ed classes+reading on ur own free time=knowing shit[/b]
    Yeah, I realize that, but I wanna know what I should read :P also, its one of the things I REALLY wanna study, like, I wanna understand the earths origins, as well as the universes ._.

Quick Edit: Is the time restriction for replying gone in off topic?

TunaFishyMe

whether god exists or not, i dont think this topic is meant to discuss that. However, speaking about credibility. One Christian you spoke/debated with at a bar, is not really enough evidence to say all christians believe or think the same way.

cama

Yeah, I realize that, but I wanna know what I should read :P also, its one of the things I REALLY wanna study, like, I wanna understand the earths origins, as well as the universes ._.

Quick Edit: Is the time restriction for replying gone in off topic?[/b]
    geology....oceanography....astronomy

those 3 combined=origins of earth and universe

Personally i think that you should either accept the bible as literal truth, or dismiss it as mythical storytelling. The problem comes when people pick the bits that fit their lifestyle and ignore the bits they don't like. Religion doesn't work like that. If you attach the label of "Christian" to youself, then you are telling people that you believe in the bible. The bible itself estimates the age of the earth, god creating wind and all kinds of other ridiculous notions like the earth being the centre of the universe. It is plainly ignorant to attempt to mix contemporary science with aspects of the bible since if one aspect of the bible is not a literal truth, it is illogical to assume that anything else is since it is supposedly divinely inspired.

I used that anecdote simply to illustrate the mindset of a believer. They are typically ignorant about science and have never had their own views challenged sufficiently. I think this is a fair critique.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast