Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

This is what is wrong with the American education system and how "separation of church and state" is being taken to extremes

This is a discussion on This is what is wrong with the American education system and how "separation of church and state" is being taken to extremes within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Job 9:7 this verse is praising God of his powers. Nothing about the earth being the center of the universe. ...
Page: 6

Hybrid View

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

Job 9:7 this verse is praising God of his powers. Nothing about the earth being the center of the universe.

Genesis 1:9-18 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
    2 Now the earth was [a] formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

6 And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water." 7 So God made the expanse and separated the water under the expanse from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the expanse "sky." And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

9 And God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear." And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground "land," and the gathered waters he called "seas." And God saw that it was good.

11 Then God said, "Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds." And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

I think you got mixed up on that verse.

Ps 104:5 from the Interlinear Herbrew-English Old Testament, "He set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved."
    This shows the earth's autonomy, not the earth's centrality of the universe[/b]
    Cannot be moved eh? In a few hundred million, or billion years, the sun will run out of its supply of hydrogen, the begin to burn helium, a slightly heavier material, and when it runs out of that, it will continue to move onto the next lightest material, and as it does this, the sun gets bigger, and its gravitational pull on the planets decreases, and the planets will drift out away from the sun a little.

TunaFishyMe

I find it pretty ironic that you would say these courses are nonsense when the people who created these courses are the people who has spent their entire lives researching about science. Do you even understand the theory behind anti-matter in such detail that you can go and rebunk their entire study?
    People spend their entire lives researching on religion for a reason. They obtain PhD for the work that they do. And here is 00, the man who knows it all, comes in and explains how religion has done humans no good with his background of highschool science. Thats pretty bold.

Religion has also killed billions of people. The only religion that hasnt created a huge war is buddism, which isnt even a religion.[/b]
    Science has also killed billions of people. What is your point?

I find it pretty ironic that you would say these courses are nonsense when the people who created these courses are the people who has spent their entire lives researching about science. Do you even understand the theory behind anti-matter in such detail that you can go and rebunk their entire study?
    People spend their entire lives researching on religion for a reason. They obtain PhD for the work that they do. And here is 00, the man who knows it all, comes in and explains how religion has done humans no good with his background of highschool science. Thats pretty bold.
    Science has also killed billions of people. What is your point?[/b]

Oh sorry next time you see people strapped down and tortured,burned,beheaded, by scientist let me know kk ty. ^^

Yes immoral would be more apt but the point still stands. Also you cannot use the bible as evidence to support the truth of the bible, that is pretty silly. It's the #1 mistake in Law My challenge still stands, name something moral that can only be done by a religious person.[/b]
    What is defined as a religious person? A priest? That is in Catholisism, which I am not. I go to a non-demnominational church and we have a pastor. He explains parts of the Bible and puts it into everyday life. This can be done by anyone not just a religious person. There is not something moral that can only be done by a religious person. Here is an example (other then the one above) Lets say some guy gets hit by a car. He is near death and requests a priest/pastor to do a baptism. There is non around at the time, but there is an athiest who argues against Christianity. To do so he has to study Christianity so he technically knows how to preform a baptism. So he comes, upon request, and he preforms it. Is the man now baptised or is he not since it was preformed by an athiest? (I want 0 to answer this please)

What is defined as a religious person? A priest? That is in Catholisism, which I am not. I go to a non-demnominational church and we have a pastor. He explains parts of the Bible and puts it into everyday life. This can be done by anyone not just a religious person. There is not something moral that can only be done by a religious person. Here is an example (other then the one above) Lets say some guy gets hit by a car. He is near death and requests a priest/pastor to do a baptism. There is non around at the time, but there is an athiest who argues against Christianity. To do so he has to study Christianity so he technically knows how to preform a baptism. So he comes, upon request, and he preforms it. Is the man now baptised or is he not since it was preformed by an athiest? (I want 0 to answer this please)[/b]
    I know you want him to answer, but I got a little question about that, I always thought you had to be allowed by the church or something to perform baptisms or other religious ceremonies.

TunaFishyMe

I know you want him to answer, but I got a little question about that, I always thought you had to be allowed by the church or something to perform baptisms or other religious ceremonies.[/b]
    of course...he is just asking if it counts if a man who is not authorize, baptizes.

I know you want him to answer, but I got a little question about that, I always thought you had to be allowed by the church or something to perform baptisms or other religious ceremonies.[/b]
    Nope anyone can do it. It is just more liked if your priest/pastor of your church did it. Like I said it is the person recieving it, not the person giving it.

Do you have ANY idea how many hundreds of thousands of scientists have dismissed christianity as a theory? Compare this to the number of "scientists" teaching it (almost always in the southern USA...) and you have an absolutely massive consensus of opinion.

You speak like I am on my own here. Are you that ignorant? I am starting to believe that you have next to no science education. Considering 99.9% of the scientific community takes my stance I think one should only dismiss it with serious evidence. There is no serious evidence. There are courses on David Beckham here, that is how meaningless a course can be. Just because there is a course in something doesn't bring a shred of evidence for it being true. It should published in a journal and reviewed by scientific peers.

For goodness sake, you have creationism being taught in your biology classes, with NO evidence for it. Why would it be such a stretch to have professors teaching nonsense in courses? It doesn't mean that it has credibility, it just means that american education is in a crisis.

I should also remind you and boom that nothing i typed has been refuted as of yet. Why does this pattern emerge every time this debate comes up? I present evidence after evidence and numerous upset christians show up, angrily insulting me and providing no counter-evidence whatsoever. Infact, their plain ignorance of science only validates my opinions.

Do you have ANY idea how many hundreds of thousands of scientists have dismissed christianity as a theory? Compare this to the number of "scientists" teaching it (almost always in the southern USA...) and you have an absolutely massive consensus of opinion.

You speak like I am on my own here. Are you that ignorant? I am starting to believe that you have next to no science education. Considering 99.9% of the scientific community takes my stance I think one should only dismiss it with serious evidence. There is no serious evidence. There are courses on David Beckham here, that is how meaningless a course can be. Just because there is a course in something doesn't bring a shred of evidence for it being true. It should published in a journal and reviewed by scientific peers.

For goodness sake, you have creationism being taught in your biology classes, with NO evidence for it. Why would it be such a stretch to have professors teaching nonsense in courses? It doesn't mean that it has credibility, it just means that american education is in a crisis.

I should also remind you and boom that nothing i typed has been refuted as of yet. Why does this pattern emerge every time this debate comes up? I present evidence after evidence and numerous upset christians show up, angrily insulting me and providing no counter-evidence whatsoever. Infact, their plain ignorance of science only validates my opinions.[/b]
    Science ftw. Gn Ýbnes.

PaPaSmurF

I should also remind you and boom that nothing i typed has been refuted as of yet. Why does this pattern emerge every time this debate comes up? I present evidence after evidence and numerous upset christians show up, angrily insulting me and providing no counter-evidence whatsoever. Infact, their plain ignorance of science only validates my opinions.[/b]
    I don't know alot, about science or religion, but what I do know is that Christianity is based on one big thing called Faith. Before I go any farther I want to say that I am not a Christian. But, to be a Christain from what I'm told, you need faith. Faith -- belief that is not based on proof. If God would want someone to be his follower, they need faith. There is no real "evidence" that God is real, that wouldn't make any sense to me if we had proof that God was real. That would mean the bible would, in a way, contradict its self wouldn't it? If the Bible says you should have faith, then in turn there could be no proof of a God. If we had proof, then really, no one could ever have faith KNOWING there IS a God.
    It sounds to me that you lack faith, reason being is ignorance as all humans are guilty of in some form. You don't have faith because you've taken a few science classes, and you have learned a few things.
    Although you are correct, nothing you have stated has been refuted by anyone here. But, a statement like "Why does this pattern emerge every time this debate comes up? I present evidence after evidence and numerous upset christians show up, angrily insulting me and providing no counter-evidence whatsoever." and I disagree. I have read most of this thread and I don't see anyone angrey. I could be wrong of course. But as I stated before, asking for evidence is the same as asking to disprove the religion. It has not been proven, or disproven that Christianity is no more than a myth.

I'd like to restate that I'm not a Christian and I could be totally wrong about what I posted. This is just from my observations. Please don't take this personal in any form. I actually like discussing this topics my self cause I can learn alot. I'm not saying I'm right or wrong. I like being proven wrong in some forms. This helps me learn.

So angry....
    How about you comment on what I posted, and how I dismissed your falsified claims of the earth being the center of the universe. Maybe, like I said, do not know as much as I can about the non creationist side of science, but I sure know you know nothing of my religion. Also there has not been hundreds of thousands of scientists that have dismissed christianity as a theory. They have only made a theory about dismissing Christianity as a theory.

TunaFishyMe

Are you retarded? Do you know how someone gets a PhD? The fact that a professors have a PhD in this area proves that it was published in a journal, acknowledged by a council, where his work was scrutinized by people who are a lot more qualified than you. My original point was not to say this is valid or not valid.
    How come every time this comes up, "angry christians" can't prove you wrong? Its very simple. You look at religion through a scientific point of view (which is the most idiotic thing someone can do), so you will and can never see that you aren't as right as you think you are.

Are you retarded? Do you know how someone gets a PhD? The fact that a professors have a PhD in this area proves that it was published in a journal, acknowledged by a council, where his work was scrutinized by people who are a lot more qualified than you. My original point was not to say this is valid or not valid.[/b]
    Just because it was published in a journal and acknowledged by a council does not mean that is it true....

Its very simple. You look at religion through a scientific point of view (which is the most idiotic thing someone can do), so you will and can never see that you aren't as right as you think you are.[/b]
    Right now I am not defending my religion through a scientific point of view because what we are discussing does not need to be scientific. If it does then tell me so and I will to the best of my abilities.

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Science has also killed billions of people. What is your point?[/b]

Religion has done humans no good? Sry but thats dumb. Without religion we would be still bunch of bush monkeys. Religion has been more of a evolutionary driving force than milions of years and all the other natural factors together. Try to imagine the beginning, religion existed in a dumb human-apes mind far before he said a first "word", trying to understand his suroundings and why things happen. Few milion years later came cavemen with their complex brain and were worshiping their cave lion and cave bear. Culture, basis of society, sience all come from little dude in skins trying to figure out why his companions were eaten or killed.

Its wrong to claim that religion is nothing but a mere entertaining side product ment to amuse ppl, while its been the biggest catalyst. Well ofc churches and stuff is a good thing atm for society, but no fuking way theres a place in this world for things like "in god we trust". Its wrong to say that religion is nothing more but a 1 gang of guys with m-16's against another gang with ak-47's named achmed. And its dam wrong to have church and state (or any other counter part from other religions) in 1 sentence. Current situation just shows how emotionaly retarded human society still is, we have a long way ahead of us.

And bomb5hell, i agree on the moral guidance from church but other than that its nothing more but a prime example how stupid humans are. And u are an example of dumb american who doesnt rly differ much from guys who kill ur own soliders and their own counrtymen for the name of allah. U have iPods and mtv, they have oil and UN/redcross food suply. Both arguing over petty shit like this.

this topics funny buncha retarded atheist gangin on the only one who gives a shit to defend there religion

personally i feel theres no need to defend it because all the big bang shit and retarded monkey fish retard theories are just fucking retarded its like giving a turk with +5 iron neck the benefit of the doubt

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast