Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

World ending in 2012?

This is a discussion on World ending in 2012? within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; look at this shit then.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5bzeQ_CMPA...feature=related...
Page: 7

Jason269

4. it doesn't say anywhere in the bible about when the world ends, idk what the people who wrote this are interpreting, but the bible says NO ONE will know when the world ends[/b]
    This man's got it right. I just have to laugh at these conspiracy theorists. What bothers me the most is kids who change oppinions so quickly because of something they read over the internet. Your basing an argument on something you found on .....youtube.

just my oppinion.

The religious crowd have been changing the data of the apocalypse for a while now. It was 2000, then i heard 2003, i heard 2006... basically it is used more as a justification for wars than anything spiritual. Some people think it simply means the time when we shift into the next astrological age since the start of our current one is supposed to mark the birth of christ (which it doesnt). We are currently in the age of pisces i believe, which means the northern equinox is roughly in the constellation of pisces. Some think the second coming of the messiah simply means when the next age shift occurs, which is in 500 years if you believe the astrology (which christians don't). It's all a load of bullshit that christians have hijacked like usual. Most of the shit in the bible is just jacked from Paganism or the Mayans or some ancient religion which is itself made of bullshit.[/b]
    You have a warped view on true Christianity. Sadly, most denominations approve of that theory. If anyone actually does some in depth study you can see nothing in the bible talks about the messiah's second kingdom.

ClanoftheBrokenBow

QUOTE(Razorbacks @ Feb 17 2008, 05:37 PM)
    4. it doesn't say anywhere in the bible about when the world ends, idk what the people who wrote this are interpreting, but the bible says NO ONE will know when the world ends

This man's got it right. I just have to laugh at these conspiracy theorists. What bothers me the most is kids who change oppinions so quickly because of something they read over the internet. Your basing an argument on something you found on .....youtube.

all that is good stuff. and as i already mentioned, we are neither in control natural events that can end the world, nor can we really predict when this end will occur. If you really understood Christianity, you would know that we will never know how it will all end and really the purpose of our lives is not to be concerned with death, but our lives here and now and how it effects our afterlife. only those outside radicals of any faith or belief structure are the ones so insecure about their lives and their futures that they feel as though they need to figure out when the end will come. as i already said, live your life as you should, and you should not worry about when you will die. and don't forget, Jesus saves.

lets not make this into a religious debate however

Ok, a friend told me this is an interesting topic so here I am.

First of all, I'm an atheist, the kind of guy that needs to see proof which is based on facts before believing something, so most of the parts where religion is involved are (to me) ideas/fantasies based on what a random guy thousands of years ago thought of.

Link 1

"Will we survive 2012? That is the question of every human on earth"

Right... Had a good laugh at that video, especially the part where NASA hides information of this event that'll 'whipe' us out since 1983(obviously whoever first came up with this has someone at NASA with access to classified information ).
    Ok, let's say all of the solar system info is correct.
    Ancients believe.. wait stop.. Who? Ancients? Who are these ancients..
    home of Annunaki, Gods of ol... nothing more to say here. You get my point.
    Whoever made this video, should be spending his time following an English course.

Link 2

Here it's explained more "real". However, a lot is based on assumptions and religious statements. Again no real proof that events will actually occur.

Link 3

This interview is likely what will happen at an unknown time, I believe we will get hit by an astroid eventually 500, 10000 years from now or perhaps never. I did however react sceptical to this particular interview, this guy is beeing overdramatic.

I used the links of the original poster to base my ideas on, if I'm very wrong about anything, please share and I'dd love to see some actual proof of these doom scenarios. Proof that's not based on what the Mayans said or what's written in the bible, that won't do for me.

Volcanic

Could we really be sure about NASA information?

And besides...would NASA really post a fake picture in their site? If it from NASA is real right?

So it comes down to the final question...who is telling the truth and who is lying?

All info coming from space is provided mostly by NASA (when it comes to composition, temp, density, etc) because they have send their probe to those planets first hand. So who is giving out fake info? NASA or NASA or ..... is just our imagination?

If you examine the pic clearly the wind is blowing from left to right... and is creating little waves... so it MUST be some kind of liquid

h34r:

and :lol: to the Tinfoils h34r: I love those hats B)[/b]
    We can be fairly certain that NASA is accurate and honest. Sure they might cover up the odd thing here and there, but who doesn`t?
    Don`t forget that for the past 50 years until recently. the Soviets were in direct competion with the Americans(and achieved far more first`s in space too, including the first probe on Mars). Data is shared amongst the science community(google Venera, and the Soviet space program).

Also, the Martian soil and atmosphere are not the same as Earths, so stop comparing. That particular point could be anything. Mineral rich soil or a liquified gas are just 2 examples. Also, if you look on the far left of the picture, you`ll see that the sand has formed in a wave pattern, but its still clearly sand.

all that is good stuff. and as i already mentioned, we are neither in control natural events that can end the world, nor can we really predict when this end will occur. If you really understood Christianity, you would know that we will never know how it will all end and really the purpose of our lives is not to be concerned with death, but our lives here and now and how it effects our afterlife. only those outside radicals of any faith or belief structure are the ones so insecure about their lives and their futures that they feel as though they need to figure out when the end will come. as i already said, live your life as you should, and you should not worry about when you will die. and don't forget, Jesus saves.[/b]

http://www.exitmundi.nl/exitmundi.htm

for those interested in whole end theroies

Jason269

They say it triggers earthquakes. That it rips open volcanoes, and unleashes massive tsunamis. They say it can kick the Earth’s axis over, pushing Africa to the pole and Antarctica to the equator. It may even stop our planet from rotating! Or worse: peel the Earth’s crust off, tear our planet to bits. Or perhaps it simply sweeps our world aside, pushing it into the Sun. That’s the way it goes when suddenly, a HUGE planet zooms by. They say.
    The demon planet that is supposed to do the trick goes by many names. Some call it Nibiru, or Marduk. Others named it The Ottawa Object, or Vulcan, or Transpluto. But most people prefer X, just X. `Planet X’, to be precise.

Planet X is the supposedly eleventh planet of our solar system. It should be as big as many Earths, dwarfing it perhaps even hundreds of times. Some people think X isn’t even a real planet, but a `brown dwarf’: a massive ball of dust and gas that almost succeeded in becoming a star. Planet X has something no other planet has: a huge orbit. Its orbit around the Sun lasts 3,600 years. Most of the time, it is far off, invisible to the eye. But every 3,600 years, the lost planet returns. Once here, it accelerates, and swings close past the Sun, disrupting everything it encounters.

And that’s exactly what Planet X is about to do, they say. Right now, it should be somewhere in the outer regions of the solar system, still invisible to our telescopes. But in the spring of 2003, it will suddenly make its appearance. It will be some event. Within months, Planet X will reach the inner regions of the solar system, disturbing the eclipses of the planets and bombarding us with comets. In May, it will pass Earth, missing it only at a few hairs’ lengths. Or, well: hitting us at full force, perhaps.

And that will be it. X will fly off again, not to be seen for another 3,600 years. And our planet? Earth will be bruised and battered, and covered in lava. If there’s anything worth calling a planet left at all, that is.

Volcanic

They say it triggers earthquakes. That it rips open volcanoes, and unleashes massive tsunamis. They say it can kick the Earth’s axis over, pushing Africa to the pole and Antarctica to the equator. It may even stop our planet from rotating! Or worse: peel the Earth’s crust off, tear our planet to bits. Or perhaps it simply sweeps our world aside, pushing it into the Sun. That’s the way it goes when suddenly, a HUGE planet zooms by. They say.
    The demon planet that is supposed to do the trick goes by many names. Some call it Nibiru, or Marduk. Others named it The Ottawa Object, or Vulcan, or Transpluto. But most people prefer X, just X. `Planet X’, to be precise.

Planet X is the supposedly eleventh planet of our solar system. It should be as big as many Earths, dwarfing it perhaps even hundreds of times. Some people think X isn’t even a real planet, but a `brown dwarf’: a massive ball of dust and gas that almost succeeded in becoming a star. Planet X has something no other planet has: a huge orbit. Its orbit around the Sun lasts 3,600 years. Most of the time, it is far off, invisible to the eye. But every 3,600 years, the lost planet returns. Once here, it accelerates, and swings close past the Sun, disrupting everything it encounters.

And that’s exactly what Planet X is about to do, they say. Right now, it should be somewhere in the outer regions of the solar system, still invisible to our telescopes. But in the spring of 2003, it will suddenly make its appearance. It will be some event. Within months, Planet X will reach the inner regions of the solar system, disturbing the eclipses of the planets and bombarding us with comets. In May, it will pass Earth, missing it only at a few hairs’ lengths. Or, well: hitting us at full force, perhaps.

And that will be it. X will fly off again, not to be seen for another 3,600 years. And our planet? Earth will be bruised and battered, and covered in lava. If there’s anything worth calling a planet left at all, that is.[/b]
    Planet X, there ya go.

What drugs are you taking? Are they on perscription?

Jason269

This don't proove nothing. This don't say what planet X is. more proofe pls

You prove we're all going to die then

Jason269

no 2/3 is going to die. and this is why to proove to everyone its true.

this shows planet x's orbit.. it takes certain amount of time to get to the other side.. and apperently its near and will be here in 2012 which wil cause things.

krekre

Ah well NASA new ITAMS will save the world xD

Xtr3m3

We can be fairly certain that NASA is accurate and honest. Sure they might cover up the odd thing here and there, but who doesn`t?
    Don`t forget that for the past 50 years until recently. the Soviets were in direct competion with the Americans(and achieved far more first`s in space too, including the first probe on Mars). Data is shared amongst the science community(google Venera, and the Soviet space program).

Also, the Martian soil and atmosphere are not the same as Earths, so stop comparing. That particular point could be anything. Mineral rich soil or a liquified gas are just 2 examples. Also, if you look on the far left of the picture, you`ll see that the sand has formed in a wave pattern, but its still clearly sand.[/b]
    You just did what I did...compare Earth and Mars

Also, some other countries other than Russia and U.S have sent stuff to space

And yeah...I agree with you that everybody lies if something does seen suspicious

Btw I really doubt Planet X AKA Nubiru AKA WormWood AKA WoodWorm will come to earth, because I been hearing the same shit for over 8 years now <_< but who knows...one day it might pop out of nowhere :unsure: until then I&#39;m skeptical of this planet

I dont wanna die

Ripper_of_romania

And that’s exactly what Planet X is about to do, they say. Right now, it should be somewhere in the outer regions of the solar system, still invisible to our telescopes. But in the spring of 2003, it will suddenly make its appearance. It will be some event. Within months, Planet X will reach the inner regions of the solar system, disturbing the eclipses of the planets and bombarding us with comets. In May, it will pass Earth, missing it only at a few hairs’ lengths. Or, well: hitting us at full force, perhaps.[/b]
    I&#39;m not very bright at mathematics and time,but according to your theory we should be dead for almost 5 years by now ... I seem to be pretty much alive and in one piece.Not sure bout other&#39;s brains :huh: :unsure: :unsure:

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast