Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

World ending in 2012?

This is a discussion on World ending in 2012? within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; everything is bs, stupid theories, btw i heard that is on 2026 not on 2012 lol...
Page: 5

Popcorn maker :D Senior Member camisita's Avatar

everything is bs, stupid theories, btw i heard that is on 2026 not on 2012 lol

ClanoftheBrokenBow

OMG.... We only have four years to live...why am I wasting my time on a forum....why am I playing KO...oh thats right, I quit. If you can seriously consider this to be true, you need to get off your computer and start living life as if every day really means something, since our days are numbered. Oh wait, we should live like that any way. As some one else already said, people are dying all the time and their worlds as they know it are always ending. We may not even live until 2012! Cherish life and stop thinking about oh this could happen and the world is going to end then, just live life and if you live the way you should, you will not be worried about death or 2012.
    We can not control everything and need to rememder our lives are precious and finite

Robokill

quit making these retarded topics

Volcanic

No i didn't say this. i said,

the world will break into PIECES (not 3) and people on these peices will die, and there will be world still left and who ever is on that bit will survive. the earth will stop rotating for only 3 days, after that it will be as normal.

like i said you don't have to belive this, you can choose not to. Call me dr science i dont care, i like to research things like this.[/b]
    In no particular order;
    1. Why would the planet stop rotating? And what would restart its rotation?
    2. Why only 3 days? As history has shown, shit takes time.
    3. The world would break into pieces? Incase you didn`t know, the Earth is liquified, with a thin layer making its outer shell. For example, when the moon was created, the whole surface of Earth went molten, and it was for longer than 3 days. (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoID=3912579) shows a short video of a computer simulation of a body the size of mars hitting the planet

Maybe you should research whoever has been writing this crap.(and links plix, I need a laugh)

Its doesn't say the world will end, it say's it will be the start of a new cycle, and that is supposed to be peace.

sexy Owa

Its doesn't say the world will end, it say's it will be the start of a new cycle, and that is supposed to be peace.[/b]
    Dont joke.

everything is bs, stupid theories, btw i heard that is on 2026 not on 2012 lol[/b]
    2026 is when the big rock is suppose to come close to hitting us.

Dont joke.[/b]
    me, joke, who made this topic?

Banned

No.

QuIcK

the earth cannot break into pieces its either whole or none... may be lose a chunk at most but that would kill 99.99% of life anyway so unless your some bacteria 5 miles deep in the ocean good luck buddy. and volcanic i think the 16% of magical people who survive will just run in the same direction really fast to get it spinning again <_<

volcanic is that clarkson in your sig? top gear owns btw.

robinn1

omg its only one big joke
    earth cannot be destroy in one day .... rediculus

Ripper_of_romania

omg its only one big joke
    earth cannot be destroy in one day .... rediculus[/b]
    Tell that to nuclear winter dude

Volcanic

the earth cannot break into pieces its either whole or none... may be lose a chunk at most but that would kill 99.99% of life anyway so unless your some bacteria 5 miles deep in the ocean good luck buddy. and volcanic i think the 16% of magical people who survive will just run in the same direction really fast to get it spinning again <_<
    volcanic is that clarkson in your sig? top gear owns btw.[/b]
    Yea, its Clarkson

Here`s a Top gear one on me;

Enjoy.

You fail at understanding statistics, you fail at maths, you fail at physics, you are just another bumbling fool trying to use pseudo-science to substantiate your nonsense.

It is simply stupid to make assumptions on the future based on short term solar cycles. The sun has been around for billions of years whilst recorded data has only been accurate for 100 or so. It is possible and indeed likely that observable cycles are just part of grander, long-term cycles. The behaviour of the sun is perfectly normal.

As for the new collider at CERN, it&#39;s exactly the same thing as previous ones, just using more energy. If black holes are created, they will be tiny, barely detectable to scientists let alone capable of causing damage to the world. Black holes in space are of enormous, galactic sized mass. They are incomparible to the ones hypothesised and there is nothing to worry about.

The religious crowd have been changing the data of the apocalypse for a while now. It was 2000, then i heard 2003, i heard 2006... basically it is used more as a justification for wars than anything spiritual. Some people think it simply means the time when we shift into the next astrological age since the start of our current one is supposed to mark the birth of christ (which it doesnt). We are currently in the age of pisces i believe, which means the northern equinox is roughly in the constellation of pisces. Some think the second coming of the messiah simply means when the next age shift occurs, which is in 500 years if you believe the astrology (which christians don&#39;t). It&#39;s all a load of bullshit that christians have hijacked like usual. Most of the shit in the bible is just jacked from Paganism or the Mayans or some ancient religion which is itself made of bullshit.

HotAsIce

I&#39;m going to skip over the stuff between the first post and here because I&#39;m sure there are very few posts that actually talk about the issue presented here, and quite a few of the "omg ur retarded" posts, so I&#39;m just gonna put down what I&#39;ve seen and believe on this topic. I have a couple quotes I found while digging around the net, and I&#39;m going to post them next.

"The ancient Mayan long-count calendar — a calendar that spans more than 5,000 years — comes to an end on Dec. 21, 2012. This coincides with a galactic alignment in which the sun will align with the center of the Milky Way galaxy, an event that occurs once every 26,000 years, which could have potentially catastrophic consequences. The galactic alignment has the potential to create a shift in the Earth&#39;s poles, which would cause disastrous environmental events."

"I was left with a lot more questions than any sense of clarity about my position on 2012,"
    - Tami Simon

Now what I&#39;ve come to see is that this is a belief for those who "look to the stars" for all their answers. I have also read that December 21st of 2012 won&#39;t be the end of the world, but a spiritual awakening. What I am gathering form this is that people are predicting the mainstream media will shift from whatever its major beliefs are in the current time, to a mainstream major belief in astrology. The majority of the mainstream media you are seeing form this "catastrophic" day is made from not just the advocates of specific religions, but the extremists.

I think that what is happening is the mainstream shift of religion is shifting to astrology, and the media is having a feeding frenzy over it.

I am tending to agree with the person in this second quote, and I think I&#39;ll be one of the ones that will be skeptical until it actually happens, but looking at this event as a sort of "man in waiting" kind of thing. I am sort of excited to see what will happen, and once it does happen. I do tend to believe that nothing actually will, but if things do start happening, it will be very interesting to see what unfolds. Will the polls melt as a result from the shift? If so, will the new "arctic circle" area refreeze and take up the melting polls quick enough to keep the entire world from flooding? Even if it does, millions of animals will die because their natural habitat will be severely changed, and every animal population impacts eachother in its hunter-hunted relationships.

All of this is speculation, but in the end, I think its just mainstream media tryign to sell an idea to the public for an extra dime. But we&#39;ll see what happens!

nodirbek

back in the 40s people also believed that the world wouldnt even last until 2000

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast