Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Is WOW better than KO ?

This is a discussion on Is WOW better than KO ? within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; wow pve is pretty great in terms of shear size and quests available.. but the pvp was boring as ass ...
Page: 2

wow pve is pretty great in terms of shear size and quests available.. but the pvp was boring as ass

and it took too long to lvl sometimes

but i love the addons part.. wish ko had one that wasn't koxp

Aqu

Wow is greater than KO in oh so many ways.

The other players are nearly all nice guys, whereas in KO they're all bastard turks.
    Customer support actually replies, even over the most trivial thing.
    The game looks nicer.
    The depth in the game is FAR larger, a single WoW area is bigger than almost all of the Knight Online ones added together, and there are dozens of WoW areas (someone mentioned 30+).
    The PvP in KO consists of what, combo combo combo combo, doesnt matter who you're against the theory is the same. Each fight in WoW is different, you have to stun/interupt/heal etc etc.
    PvE in KO doesnt exist. Period. Downing a boss consists of a well geared warrior and one or two 1920 healers. In WoW you need a full 25 man raid to down the boss, its just a feeling of teamwork that doesnt exist in KO and are FAR more tactically hard than anything that has ever been in KO.
    When there are bugs in WoW they usually get fixed, ive been playing for heading up to 2 years now and I've never seen a game breaking bug at all (i.e. anvil bug), the only ones that require fixing are little problems that dont really affect most people.
    In WoW there are few scammers, they do exist, but they are few and far between. In WoW a random low level traded me several thousand gold, and a few items, which added up to a lot of value. I asked why he did that, he didnt know me. He wanted them transferred to another character, he said I was a level 70 in the top guild on the server, I wouldnt risk my reputation for a few thousand gold, which is true, I wouldnt. Because in WoW people actually care about reputation that they have.
    I have a really good mate who I met in a cave in stranglethorn vale (a WoW area) and we're proper good rl friends now, I found out he didnt live too far away and we go out and have a few drinks together on a regular basis. (I also slept with his ex, but thats another story :lol: ).

The only downside I can see to WoW is that to get into a good raiding guild you need to be able to spend a fair bit of time at the PC. Like three, 4 hour raids a week for example. It caters more for the hardcore gamer than KO does.

But you dont have to be that hardcore to play it, I mean you do get some people that are, but me and Sam (Battybat) are in the same guild and we go to the pub every tuesday, then have a lary night in town at some point at the weekend as well. And we also have fun playing wow.

So yeah, try wow and see, but dont quit caus 'oh levellings hard', caus yeah it is. But when you get to 70 and find a decent guild the fun starts

Tbh imo, I think res gear, ruined pvp...

It was more fun back in the day without it, than getting your arse handed to you by every SL warlock hitting just under 200 res, while straddle u at 360..

but Blizzard's idea on res gear was to balance PVP, which they have in some ways, but unbalanced in many ways 2..[/b]
    wow pvp was a joke before tbc. resilience was a required stat to give pvp some tactical credibility.

calibur

WoW>KO because of better CS.

Im still waiting on my gear K2!

yeah that is true the CS on WoW is very good.

HiyaImBest

I like em the same, Wow beats ko in pve, Ko beats wow in pvp

I dont understand how anyone can find ko pvp better, unless they themselves koxp'd to 80 and duped +4 uniques...etc. the game was ruined long ago. When you factor in crappy CS, endless cheating and horrible server stability, it doesnt really matter if pvp is good or not. As i said before, staying on ko cause the pvp is better, is like not wanting to leave a concentration camp because you like the bread. ^_^

Road

However really the only worthwhile thing to do in WoW is arena.[/b]
    That isn't true. The potential of wow is way out there. The only thing holding you back is your imagination. I've had so much fun just griefing people and world pvp. And thats just the tip of the iceberg.

That isn't true. The potential of wow is way out there. The only thing holding you back is your imagination. I've had so much fun just griefing people and world pvp. And thats just the tip of the iceberg.[/b]
    Yeah wow has a broader potential than KO definately. The problem is that although PvE is quite open-ended, if you hardcore PvP then you hit the ceiling very soon. My old guild was doing kara-tempest keep and raiding was interesting at first but ultimately it took far too much time and none of the drops are a pvp upgrade short of serpentshrine. So for me it feels like the only reason to raid is if you enjoy raiding, which i don't.

I'm kinda similar to eric in that i dont take satisfaction from fighting people in world-pvp who have no chance whatsoever. Maybe if i was a shaman it would be different but griefing as a rogue in world pvp is so easy it becomes dull. Also there isn't a big penalty for dying, in KO i used to like griefing people at golems and trying to get them xp'd. Not to mention that flying mounts killed whatever world pvp was left. I'm not sure whether ganking afk people at summoning stones counts as world pvp.

I should mention that my server is not the most active. I can't just go outside orgrimmar and find a bunch of 400 resilience guys to duel. The only way for me to get competition is arena.

Such a shame that GTA4 isn't coming on PC otherwise i would just spend my time on that

TO EACH THEIR OWN

Thomzz

ko > wow

glad i've sold my account long ago hehe, seen tbc at friends damn they just keep adding stuff :s soon another new expansion comes out, u can't even get ur gear and ur char/gear is worthless again

Destroyer_Master

to tell u the turth i played KO for 3 years and i had nearly all the best items and i loved the pvp in ko serouisly loved it... but ever since i played wow man ko pvp completely SUCKS!!!!!!! to wow and if anyone ask me what game to play i would not even mestion KO its a low graphic budget game and just like he said u just combo, pot, mana pot, run away... and so on but in wow even if u are at 25% hp u can crit the enemy so hard u will kill them when u got 3% hp lol

in wow the tables can always change

in ko items will beat u

Fag

Well as for pvp.. Just watch ko pk movies and wow movies.. You will understand everything

Well as for pvp.. Just watch ko pk movies and wow movies.. You will understand everything[/b]
    Yeah, wow movies on the whole are 10 times more professional, more interesting to watch. But i only watch rogue movies, not interested in other classes asides from learning how to kill them. I love watching the intro to "Total Annihilation" by Grim, great stuff. I wish i could edit like that.

I never liked watching ko movies, most of them are total crap and they are just doing the same shit i was doing 3 years ago except with much better gear, and with horrible turkish music on top.

KO is not a good game, but it has much room for skill in the sence of having fast fingers (micro)...WoW is not a game that requires fast fingers to my knowledge..

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast