Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

MGS4 help

This is a discussion on MGS4 help within the Consoles forums, part of the Games category; I heard that MGS4 has a story thats is built on prior games. I'm aware that the fact that I ...
Page: 1

guykap

I heard that MGS4 has a story thats is built on prior games. I'm aware that the fact that I never actually played MGS games in my life will affect the game and as well as many questions coming into my head, but I heard this is a MUST get game for ps3..

I watched Metal Gear retrospective in gametrailers, therefor I think I know just abit of whats going on, but still I'm sure I will be missing out on allot. Any suggestions? Any website that has info about the prior game's story? I really need a short brief if I'm getting this game.
    I know that MGS3 or MGS2 is available for PC, so should I play and finish those before I get MGS4? I don't own PS2 and the face that my PS3 can't read PS2 games drives me nuts... Thanks allot.

play all MGS series 1,2 and 3 better for you, MGS1 around 5 or 6 hours play time and 2 also , 3 around 12 or 15hours, play it to enjoy MGS4 more.

guykap

I only own PS1 which I'm not sure it works, and also PS3. I don't have a PS2, what should I really do? I really want to play this game, and want to enjoy it while I play.

Banned

I only own PS1 which I'm not sure it works, and also PS3. I don't have a PS2, what should I really do? I really want to play this game, and want to enjoy it while I play.[/b]

Dip into your pockets

Banned Senior Member

If you have a 50, 80, or 20gb modele of the ps3, get the MGS Collectors version, it has MGS1,2, and 3 in it and the ps3 will be able to play it. I'm loving MGs4, at the very end after playing it yesterday but I had to do some backtracking for today [spoiler]damn fight with vamp made me use all my rations before I realized how to kill him[/spoiler]

The game is great... the cutscenes are the best and theres no difference between movie or ingame footage, it's all the same. And so many questions from older games are all answered

guykap

50GB? You mean 40GB? Cause thats what I own. Thanks allot though, I had no idea the collector's version had those games.

EDIT: just been in amazon and didn't find a collecor's versionn.. can u send me alink please? thanks.

Banned Senior Member

Well, not exactly collectors edition, I forgot the name of it at the time but it's called Metal Gear Solid: Essential Collection. What amazed me the most about it was the fact that it actually came with 2 PS1 discs for the first Metal Gear game for the ps1. I got mine at WalMart because EB/Gamestop didn't have any.

Btw, just finished the game now, best ending ever it tied up everything. I love you Kojima

guykap

So you are saying that if I purchase that, all of the CDs will work on my 40GB ps3? Btw although I live in a PAL network area, I own a NTSC version of ps3.

it's called Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...e=18-11089556-2

Banned Senior Member

THen you will want to order the NTCS version of it, I know the ps3 is region free but I dont know if a NTSC ps3 can play PAL ps1/ps2 games

afaik he can't play it if it's pal, cause the old games ( ps2 and ps1's games ) weren't region free, he must order NTSC version

Banned Senior Member

Hence why I said they'd prob need to get the NTSC version of the game.

The game just owns tho... going through it again with my items from the last run XD

i dont think the 40gb ps3 will be able to play the ps2 games(mgs2/3) but will play the ps1(metal gear solid) fine.

Banned Senior Member

ah crap your right I mixed up the 40gb and the 20gb, your system wont be able to play MGS2/3

bahamen

yup..only 20,60,80 GB versions have backward compatibility....but there's some patch supposed to be in September for 40gb ones

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast