Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Stop Kony 2012!

This is a discussion on Stop Kony 2012! within the Media forums, part of the Off Topic category; Originally Posted by EG4L Before You Repost Kony 2012… – Wesleying Read this. I'm still for the aim but not ...
Page: 2

Quote Originally Posted by EG4L View Post
    Before You Repost Kony 2012… – Wesleying

Read this. I'm still for the aim but not for the organisers.
    I've read different versions from various sources and I'd agree. My intentions more of less where to point out who Joseph Kony is and what he's done.

I first heard about Invisible Children when it become big about two years ago, I was going into my Senior year of High school & once I/people of my age group discovered what was really going on, it quickly fell from the publicity chart...just as it will again this time. I give it till 4/20, then..no one will know, and few will care, who he is.

I saw the whole video yesterday because someone in Facebook shared it. I wasn't aware of this but now I'm.

And for the people who don't care or don't like this, will it hurt to see and/or share something that is really important to thousands of people? Please don't be so insensitive. If you don't care, then just don't watch it and be gone, but don't post shit here. Really pisses me off how retarded some people are in this forum sometimes.

Banned Regular Member

shared on facebook , msn , gonna donate maybe . thnx for sharing it here really important , can you duplicate this to other sections ? (media of KO ?) thnx in advance .

Video: Unfortunate But Real Sh*t: KONY 2012 Realness!?

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...16p80re9j8X31h

just saying you cant believe everything you hear/read, this is a video of kony himself speaking on some of the stuff hes accused of

edit: http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...YA0wFQbHvPf863
    Last edited by Prodigy™; 03-09-2012 at 02:22 AM.

That is an oversimplifications of the problems faced in places like Uganda and other places in Africa. For all we know diamond or oil companies are keeping that foo' in power haha.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy™ View Post
    Dat wanksta lmao.
    I've never heard of Joseph Kony or KONY 2012 until the day that video was made and it was indeed well put together and made me really sad at some points. I wish them good luck.

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    I saw the whole video yesterday because someone in Facebook shared it. I wasn't aware of this but now I'm.

And for the people who don't care or don't like this, will it hurt to see and/or share something that is really important to thousands of people? Please don't be so insensitive. If you don't care, then just don't watch it and be gone, but don't post shit here. Really pisses me off how retarded some people are in this forum sometimes.
    "The bad guys" come and go. Even though I've shared this myself I can't see it making much difference. We had ACTA and SOPA and all that crap and only a handful of people actually did something about it. The rest of the world just sat on their asses wearing Guy Fawkes masks.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm totally against using children as soldiers and whatnot, but in reality a person such as myself can do nothing about it.

EDIT: http://visiblechildren.tumblr.com/po...we-got-trouble
    I thought I'd share another point of view. Discuss people :3
    Last edited by Dark3lf; 03-09-2012 at 04:32 AM.

this guy is a freak i remember years ago at school i go freaked by those kids who had their noses cut off and lips >.<

+1

Mailed to local newspaper (with probably a lot of others) and in the following day it was all over their page, facebook and ordered 250 posters. Hopefully we can organize a cover the night zurich meeting.

What i find really sad, is that some people bring up the argument that it's been around for long time and now "just because" of 1 movie all are soo hip about it and because it's against their principes they're against this movement. However, take the chance that someone has built up something this big and make em hear our voices. first 2 hours after the upload the video had 4.5m views, 15 in 10 hours and it's 4th day if i'm correct with over 50m views.

edit: for easiest cheapest help > go to http://kony2012.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/ and twitter for help to all 20 celebrities & 12 politicians and share the video in your facebook page.

Actions like these make me proud of being a human once in a while..
    Last edited by aligator; 03-09-2012 at 08:11 AM.

Banned Senior Member

The argument of why hunt this guy now is completely retarded IMO. Lets assume Hitler is still alive and some ppl know he is hidding in Africa. Why hunt him now after 50+ years? That's how fucking stupid some ppl sound when they repeat the same shit. If the guy is "inactive" or maybe there are other agendas behind this campaign, does that change the fact he should be in jail or dead for his crimes?. A mass murderer shouldn't be free just because he is not a threat anymore.

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

The argument of why hunt this guy now is completely retarded IMO. Lets assume Hitler is still alive and some ppl know he is hidding in Africa. Why hunt him now after 50+ years? That's how fucking stupid some ppl sound when they repeat the same shit. If the guy is "inactive" or maybe there are other agendas behind this campaign, does that change the fact he should be in jail or dead for his crimes?. A mass murderer shouldn't be free just because he is not a threat anymore.
    People just need someone to hate on.
    You seem to take this whole Kony thing very personally, is there some reason behind it? I've never really seen you act so aggressively.

The government trying to catch him has committed almost as many crimes. You fund his capture and you are funding African corruption. Africa is full of these kinds of tyrants. Al-Shabab is much worse than Kony, but the same hipster phaggots who want to hunt this guy will say that we shouldn't go after the Al-Shabab muslims because it's "insensitive".

Face it, global campaigns do not help Africa. We've been having these campaigns for decades and nothing changes. Africa needs to be liberated and civilised from within and frankly there isn't the domestic will-power to do this. It's politically correct to assume that Africans are being held down by the West and the Chinese, but the truth is that they invite it because corruption is a way of life there, a democracy is an alien concept. It's one big culture of aid donation corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark3lf View Post
    People just need someone to hate on.
    You seem to take this whole Kony thing very personally, is there some reason behind it? I've never really seen you act so aggressively.
    Do u have kids? Maybe the day u have, u might see things in a different way. I'm not planning on flying to Africa to find this guy or even post shit anywhere else, but if I see something aiming to catch a fucker like this, why not support it? If some ppl think its BS, just ignore it, why throw trash at it?

Quote Originally Posted by 0000000 View Post
    The government trying to catch him has committed almost as many crimes. You fund his capture and you are funding African corruption. Africa is full of these kinds of tyrants. Al-Shabab is much worse than Kony, but the same hipster phaggots who want to hunt this guy will say that we shouldn't go after the Al-Shabab muslims because it's "insensitive".

Face it, global campaigns do not help Africa. We've been having these campaigns for decades and nothing changes. Africa needs to be liberated and civilised from within and frankly there isn't the domestic will-power to do this. It's politically correct to assume that Africans are being held down by the West and the Chinese, but the truth is that they invite it because corruption is a way of life there, a democracy is an alien concept. It's one big culture of aid donation corruption.
    Maybe this will fail, but at least it's been tried. Facebook & Youtube makes people around the world connect and how I see it, ACTA is not only aiming filesharing, but also facebook and youtube. Therefore, right now the people are very strong due to being connected with facebook and as long as it lasts we should try to change things.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast