Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Anime like Initial D

This is a discussion on Anime like Initial D within the Anime and Manga forums, part of the General Entertainment category; Originally Posted by Felix I'm on Episode 30 of Eyesheild 21 and I'm loving this series as much as I ...
Page: 5

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    I'm on Episode 30 of Eyesheild 21 and I'm loving this series as much as I did Hajime no Ippo and dare I say it , Initial D. Also Elfy will be proud of me that I'm watching the subbed vertion too!
    Yes I'm very proud! One day you'll drop dubs completely and only go for subs!
    I believe in you!

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

Dubbed versions are for the weak.
    Subs all the way

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

For Anime I see no harm in well dubbed versions. For French action films like the crimson rivers I like subbed.

Truthly I couldn't find a dual audio one to download with rapid share links. I'm on episode 60 now , so nearly half way. Not sure what I'll watch next , but I do like ones where the bullied boy becomes strong and does good.

For Anime I see no harm in well dubbed versions. For French action films like the crimson rivers I like subbed.

Truthly I couldn't find a dual audio one to download with rapid share links. I'm on episode 60 now , so nearly half way. Not sure what I'll watch next , but I do like ones where the bullied boy becomes strong and does good.
    Then your choice should be katekyo hitman reborn. The guy is good for nothing but he's destined to be a mafia boss :3

Go for Fairy Tail
    (currently @ 106?)
    So once you reach "current" episode you can keep watching.
    Dunno if you like it like that.
    But still.
    A suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBringer View Post
    Go for Fairy Tail
    (currently @ 106?)
    So once you reach "current" episode you can keep watching.
    Dunno if you like it like that.
    But still.
    A suggestion
    I believe the first Arc ends at ep 76 or so. I don't really suggest on watching ongoing anime, it's really hard to keep up with them

Quote Originally Posted by Dark3lf View Post
    I believe the first Arc ends at ep 76 or so. I don't really suggest on watching ongoing anime, it's really hard to keep up with them
    Hmm how to take
    First arc ends b4 20 and 2nd @ 40 or so

On episode 100 and I watched a early episode in dubbed , and well , I fucking hated it! The anti hero , Hiruma is just so fucking evil and cool I wish they did more about him. I like this anime enough that I want to find the English manga it's based on.
    Last edited by Felix; 11-23-2011 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBringer View Post
    Hmm how to take
    First arc ends b4 20 and 2nd @ 40 or so
    Ah yeah you're right. They just don't feel like arc's. The arc where they kick Zero's ass ftw!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXONCYoQXvY"]Natsu vs Zero Final Part - YouTube[/ame]
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Dark3lf View Post
    Ah yeah you're right. They just don't feel like arc's. The arc where they kick Zero's ass ftw!
    Natsu vs Zero Final Part - YouTube
    <3
    thx to that arc I can never take Aizen Sousuke seriously
    Ichiya has same voice actor ^^
    Everytime I see bleach my brain says to me *men*
    Arcs name is Nirvana Arc
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bmUGmxbXjU"]MEN[/ame]

Finished Eyesheild 21 , really enjoyed the whole series and rated it 10/10. Worth watching but like most sport anime , you need to watch the first 10 episodes and then the pace of the story flows quickly.

Finished Eyesheild 21 , really enjoyed the whole series and rated it 10/10. Worth watching but like most sport anime , you need to watch the first 10 episodes and then the pace of the story flows quickly.
    That would be with every anime.
    Well rule number 1 is
    Watch 5-10 episodes
    If you don't like it, leave it

Not sure what to watch next , I love an Anime where the bullied grow as their storyline progresses and eventually the table is turned and the bully is having a taste of own medicine

like said earlier: Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn! it starts out as a slapstick comedy so ignore that for a few episodes as it turns around very quickly

edit: dunno if ive posted anything about One Outs

Kojima Hiromichi is the ace batter of the Lycaons - a notoriously weak baseball team that is often ranked at the bottom of the league. Determined to lead the team to victory prior to his retirement, Kojima takes a trip to a training camp in Okinawa, hoping to discover what factors the Lycaons lack.

Here, he happens upon a game dubbed "One Outs" - a gambling derivative of baseball - and is soundly defeated by a blond pitcher named Tokuchi Toua, who is claimed to have never allowed a hit in any of the 499 games he has played.

Kojima realizes that he has found the 'missing factor' and makes a wager with Tokuchi. Little does anyone know that the outcome of this gamble will dictate the fates of the Lycaons and all those connected to the team.
    it kindve fits into your "weak becoming strong" in a different sense as the baseball team is very weak in nature but w/ the addition of Tokuchi who fights battles purely w/ mind games the team starts to and do fairly well the first 2-3 episodes if i recall is about Kojima vs Tokuchi but then it heats up a very enjoyable mind game series

One Out was a suggested one to try if you liked Eyesheild 21 , think I will for sure go for that now.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast