Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Archer Discussion

This is a discussion on Archer Discussion within the BETA chat forums, part of the Archive category; It appears that Archers will still be able to combo in the patch from what I am hearing on Msn, ...
Page: 1

It appears that Archers will still be able to combo in the patch from what I am hearing on Msn, I made this topic for people to discuss the future of this class.

They may become the new dominant class if played right, if not then they will just be a good one. It 'may' even be possible to get a sort of hp+mh combo with them and they may be a hard class to play as.

Archer Combo (I frapsed this in a lot of lag)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClghvCnkbak

Discuss

From the beginning Senior Member EG4L's Avatar

only arrow shower works good.

other skills like shadow shot etc fail alot, maybe theres a perfect timing for it but you can't just spam skill and S/W or it wonn't go through all the time.

You gotta wait for your arrow to hit the enemy before you shoot your next arrow, you basicly have to time every shot differently depending on how far your enemy is.

And Archers cannot use R hits, they just have to move back/forth.

yeah i was thinking we're gonna have bands of archers now....instead of sins in pk
    like every1 hitting CS to one poor soul and running away or something.... :P

wonder if the pk in KO is about to change compeletely...

damn when i moved to rouge in beginning of cwest it was hard enough to get used to learning minor combo...not that gay cooldown is here i will have a learn archer combo...!>!lol looks like fun though

i guess thats a great improvement for archers.. always wanted to try 1, but it required not much skill and got owned ;p

tommyleonghk

If you master it and play it right... archers can be ownage as well (if u've got the right gears for it)

I remember watching a few warriors/bp pk movies and some clips were vs'ing archer and the warrior/bp almost got pawned ... styx FTW!

and there arent many archer vids out there (coz not many choose to play archer) but those available ones are awesome....

playing archer is like playing BP gear wise.... you need to have really really good gears if you wanna own in CZ

so...to all sins out there....dont loose hope on rogue...u can always try out archer class

dragunmaster

I dont even consider that a combo and archers are still bad unless they are decked out

Nice find though

Alright I just got Access to the Beta and heres what I found out so far at lv40.

Ranged Attacks
    It will not let you combo with this anymore, damage will not be dealt if your attacking faster than what archers originally attack for without a combo. I tried using two different ranged attacks but that didnt work.

You can still attack and then immediately move but you have to stick to how fast archers are suppose to attack, no change other than the fact that you can basicly run and shoot now!

Multi/AS Attacks
    Yep, you can combo with this!

Multi/AS Attacks
    Yep, you can combo with this![/b]
    combo with arrow shower ? isnt that too much dmg ? so now instead of spike, archers have 5X spam dmg ?
    any1 tried it out? is it spam 5X dmg ?

Pure Arrow Shower spam, the arrows come out at the start of your attack animation so its harder to dodge the arrows when tanking an archer.

Pure Arrow Shower spam, the arrows come out at the start of your attack animation so its harder to dodge the arrows when tanking an archer.[/b]
    damn i could easily avoid the arrows with SR on my warrior...it'll be impossible to do so with combo ofc

It will be suicide to 'tank' an Archer now, unless you can kill that archer quickly.

wtf is juice? Senior Member trytankme's Avatar

so this new combo thing will be somthing like blow arrow?

so this new combo thing will be somthing like blow arrow?[/b]
    You combo with Arrow Shower by moving your character, there are no R hits involved but your damage output is nearly twice as much compared to what usko has now.

Ranged attacks cannot combo, but you can basicly attack while running (stand for 0.5 seconds).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast