Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Hailan Rising is coming -CaliMaestro

This is a discussion on Hailan Rising is coming -CaliMaestro within the Other forums, part of the Games category; Originally Posted by Draven nice, hope it works out good ^^ Thanks you, sir!!! Originally Posted by loveya Great was ...
Page: 5

CaliMaestro

Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    nice, hope it works out good ^^
    Thanks you, sir!!!

Quote Originally Posted by loveya View Post
    Great was waiting to see when it goes live after Ashet gave us a headsup on this one, its kinda like darkfall if I recall.

Cali can you define comming? As in comming soon or beta comming soon or Comming soon, k2 style ( next year ) ?
    This year!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexDeSouza View Post
    As far as i know, theres no leveling. When u start the game u get the lvl already if im not mistaken. Theres also combo too but not like K2 style i think more like Archlord. Correct me if theres any mistake
    There is a combo system indeed. While it is similar to combo systems found in other MMORPG's, it is greatly augmented.

Quote Originally Posted by tommmay View Post
    ima try this game for shure
    looks badass
    That's what I like to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by tommmay View Post
    This game they can do whatever the fuck they want witch is fkn awsome
    You hit the nail on the head, this is exactly why we are building our own game!

Quote Originally Posted by hoDoo View Post
    Instead of lunching new game I would like to see impruvments in KO such as offline market option I realy cant understand why we need to be online to sell items this just makes server busier than its should be. u can put tax to sell items too and tax will go to king or castle holder. Other thing is why k2 insist not to make stats website for KO is there smthg to hide? KoK was a great website I am sure u can make smthg liek that too.
    These are the things that we as well would love to do. We just can't. When we act as a publisher, we publish the content given to us. Again, this is the reason to build our own game from the ground up. So we can provide you guys with what you want =D

Quote Originally Posted by Zzzzzzzzzzzzz View Post
    Stop the trolling.

Looks like an exciting game to me, sure will give it a try!
    I like this guy =P

Quote Originally Posted by loveya View Post
    Hopefully Cali will look after this game as much as he can, he was a decent gm in KO so the game already starts good.
    This game is my baby. I've sunk two years of my life into it, and I promise that I'm giving nothing less than 110% to give you guys a fun game with FAST paced PVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Abel View Post
    No offense, but I don't quite understand why CaliMaestro goes around on other forums than their own for adversiting the game, especially when there hasn't been a date announced yet, let stand any good review with decent picture of the game's content...

From what I read I've understood that the gameplay is sorely based on a PvP concept. Each class will start instant with their full skilltree and the items that come with it, the only thing you can basicly do, is upgrading your skills in your skilltree by gaining tokens that are dropped during combat.

Now...this raises a lot of questions and doubts, doesn't it?
    I go to other forums to talk about it in order to spread the word on Hailan Rising! This game (as I've said numerous times) is like this burning fire inside of me that I want the whole world to know about! I also heavily believe in doing things on the grass roots level. Almost no game devs will go on the forums and communicate one on one with the players. I LOVE the communicating with the players and taking/implementing their feedback.

As for your game questions themselves, yes you start with an 'unlocked' skill tree. All of your abilities are began at a base level that you must progress, but you do not start with any items or anything else at all. You have to earn your items, gear, weapons, etc. the same as you would in a traditional MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by hoDoo View Post
    is this game free2play but pay2login like KO?
    I'm making sure you can log in no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavie View Post
    You know its outsourced because gamersfirst didnt write any of the files. Therefore they cant actually change shit about the game, all they are given is a set of tools on little things they can manipulate. A game which is actually written by people at Gamersfirst might actually be promising, being they could pretty much do what the fuck they wanted to do, rather than having to get all there requests translated lol. .
    Yep. When you publish a game, you are fairly limited at times with what you want to do with the game. However, with Hailan Rising... if there is an overwhelming desire by the player base for certain types of content, rest assured we will get it for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    anyway i'm actually looking forward to the game. Also as u can see its official forum mod posting this to the ''Illegal knight online forums''
    Ah I'm a bit scarier than a forum mod... I'm the games Producer =P

Later dudes...

-CaliMaestro

The game itself doesn't actually look bad and seems to be good in terms of role playing. I'm looking forward to it. But, I must admit that what convinces me the most to try it out is that the producer actually comes to promote his game by himself, which is already a great start for such games.

I'll give it a shot for sure.

Banned

Thanks for the replies Cali.

As for the rest...let's keep this and all other topics ON TOPIC and flame free. Ya'll know who you are.

/Quit_Game Senior Member sonvicky's Avatar

I lovez you cali.

wtf is juice? Senior Member trytankme's Avatar

now i dont mean to be flaming here but i dont see this game going far.. not like ko or anything. anyways, first of all for a "decent" mmo to be succesful you need larger advertisement then just ko ko4life or gamersfirst forums, i mean lets face it your only potential players are people who still go on this forum or play ko?(and by this i mean the gamersfirst community, dont say your gonna advertise on twitter and facebook coz its the same shit) and not everyone is gonna drop/sell there shit on ko just to come play a game attempted by gamersfirst. Also people outside of ko? imo all they will see is dodgy mmo from a dodgy company... seems to me that its just another mmo like ko only pk probs wont be as good and it will have the same amount of content like ko with no storyline.... im just being honest this is what i can imagine it will be like coming from you guys. no offense but can you blame me after seeing how ko turned out?
    not to mention(if i read right, could be wrong here) a mmorpg with no lvling? maybe in an offline rpg like oblivion it would be a good idea but not online.
    also who would bother waiting for this game? there's so many other good games coming out 'THIS YEAR' that people have been looking forward to for ages eg: D3, SW:TOR, maybe Guildwars ETC... why would any bother waiting for this game? the only people i see playing this game are the ko addicts that are sick of ko and even then they will most likely still be dissapointed.
    Last edited by trytankme; 03-29-2011 at 05:44 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lavie View Post
    You know its outsourced because gamersfirst didnt write any of the files. Therefore they cant actually change shit about the game, all they are given is a set of tools on little things they can manipulate. A game which is actually written by people at Gamersfirst might actually be promising, being they could pretty much do what the fuck they wanted to do, rather than having to get all there requests translated lol. Im presumin your still 14 living at home and never had to deal with a big company before, i mean damn, you ever tried to call your phone operators before to get a line changed? GL at life...

And why the fuck are u even on this topic just to flame it? Shit if you dont like it, leave? Im sure with your intelligent replies you could have figured that out for yourself. Same with that MINO...
    Sorry to the mod who asked to keep it flame free, but if you wanted it that way then this post would have been deleted. now I am going to have to reply to it.

You fail (common word used in replies to your posts) to realize that customer support can do a LOT more for their players then they currently are. Again, another person arguing about editing files instead of arguing over my original point in the very FIRST post I made, which is basic customer support. All of these hacked accounts, missing items, ect. ect. can EASILY be resolved if they would take the time to check the logs of the game which are saved to a server somewhere. As razor said, there are many, many, many, MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY things that K2 can do to help their players that keep getting fucked over by cheaters, hackers, scammers, and bugs in game, but they simply refuse to allocate the assets to this game because they realize it's dieing out. If they are capable of tucking their tail between their legs and running and making a new game to replace the revenue they are losing over people who are quitting this game because of the HORRID customer support, what would make you think they wouldn't do the EXACT same thing with this game? I don't know why all you flaming halfwits seem to think that just because you don't understand the logic behind the posts that everyone else agrees with the people who came up with them must be young. I'm almost 24 years old and I've dealt with more large companies, and WORKED for more large companies then you've had zits last week. All flames coming from me are directed at someone who either flamed me first, or was a correct response to an original topic post. Can you say that for yours? Reading your last post, I can certainly say if you can, you're lying to yourself. If you feel like you are able to make a post that is either in response to criticism or praise of the new game, feel free. The endless flames you seem prone to don't do anything but make the mod's job more difficult. If the mods didn't want a response, or don't want this response to be left here, then you should delete the original post that spurred these comments.

Quote Originally Posted by trytankme View Post
    now i dont mean to be flaming here but i dont see this game going far.. not like ko or anything. anyways, first of all for a "decent" mmo to be succesful you need larger advertisement then just ko ko4life or gamersfirst forums, i mean lets face it your only potential players are people who still go on this forum or play ko?(and by this i mean the gamersfirst community, dont say your gonna advertise on twitter and facebook coz its the same shit) and not everyone is gonna drop/sell there shit on ko just to come play a game attempted by gamersfirst. Also people outside of ko? imo all they will see is dodgy mmo from a dodgy company... seems to me that its just another mmo like ko only pk probs wont be as good and it will have the same amount of content like ko with no storyline.... im just being honest this is what i can imagine it will be like coming from you guys. no offense but can you blame me after seeing how ko turned out?
    not to mention(if i read right, could be wrong here) a mmorpg with no lvling? maybe in an offline rpg like oblivion it would be a good idea but not online.
    also who would bother waiting for this game? there's so many other good games coming out 'THIS YEAR' that people have been looking forward to for ages eg: D3, SW:TOR, maybe Guildwars ETC... why would any bother waiting for this game? the only people i see playing this game are the ko addicts that are sick of ko and even then they will most likely still be dissapointed.
    Theres several advertisement going on if you would click some of the links, they will obviously do more when they get some good stuff to show, since cali said in about a year, theres still lots of time to do that.

Ehh respect to Cali for replying here ;P Ohwell gonna look forward to it.. also thanks for advertising it here at ''illegal piece of shit'' too

Banned Senior Member

Didnt expect a reply from Cali.

Now this game sounds promising...

Quote Originally Posted by CaliMaestro View Post
    Thanks you, sir!!!

I go to other forums to talk about it in order to spread the word on Hailan Rising! This game (as I've said numerous times) is like this burning fire inside of me that I want the whole world to know about! I also heavily believe in doing things on the grass roots level. Almost no game devs will go on the forums and communicate one on one with the players. I LOVE the communicating with the players and taking/implementing their feedback.

As for your game questions themselves, yes you start with an 'unlocked' skill tree. All of your abilities are began at a base level that you must progress, but you do not start with any items or anything else at all. You have to earn your items, gear, weapons, etc. the same as you would in a traditional MMORPG.
    Communication will eventually lead to person bounds between you and players, and it will inevitably result into a form of corruption (for the company's policies).
    But to get back to the subject; You say you feel like spreading the word. Why bother spreading the message on a gamers forum, while the closed beta is at the end of 2011 (accoding to a source I've read yesterday).
    I don't really see the point of advertising (because that's what you're doing) a game that is far from getting released yet.

CaliMaestro

Quote Originally Posted by Abel View Post
    Communication will eventually lead to person bounds between you and players, and it will inevitably result into a form of corruption (for the company's policies).
    But to get back to the subject; You say you feel like spreading the word. Why bother spreading the message on a gamers forum, while the closed beta is at the end of 2011 (accoding to a source I've read yesterday).
    I don't really see the point of advertising (because that's what you're doing) a game that is far from getting released yet.
    I think players of games I have worked on will 100% back me in saying that I was never in any way corrupt. I never in any way showed any particular player(s) any type of favoritism. That will continue to be the theme with me. I also think many players will vouch that CaliMaestro did as much as possible for any player with any problem, whether it be a hacked account, correcting issues with bugged clans, etc... I prided myself on helping any player at any time.

Closed Beta is not at the end of 2011.

And I am a firm believer in promoting a game (or anything in life) at the grass roots level. We are looking to the player base to help us refine certain points of content and mechanics that will be placed into the game. That means it is my job to corral a dedicated community early on to be invested into the game. We are looking to you guys to help us make the game you want.

I don't know about you, but as for me (as a gamer)... I love to follow the development of games as soon as word of it leaks out. I don't play a game based on impulse, I play a game because I followed it for a year or years before it is released.

So to answer the question of " Why bother spreading the message on a gamers forum"... well, basically we're in the business of games =)

Thanks all =D

-CaliMaestro

Sorry but I really do have to say it... This is the KNIGHT ONLINE section, surely a mod should move this into the other games section, situated here... http://www.gamers4life.com/forums/f110/ .I mean seriously you complain about the trollers and flames but don't place the topic in the correct section, just surprised nobody ever thinks of these things despite wanting to keep the forum in order...

Quote Originally Posted by CaliMaestro View Post
    I think players of games I have worked on will 100% back me in saying that I was never in any way corrupt. I never in any way showed any particular player(s) any type of favoritism. That will continue to be the theme with me. I also think many players will vouch that CaliMaestro did as much as possible for any player with any problem, whether it be a hacked account, correcting issues with bugged clans, etc... I prided myself on helping any player at any time.

Closed Beta is not at the end of 2011.

And I am a firm believer in promoting a game (or anything in life) at the grass roots level. We are looking to the player base to help us refine certain points of content and mechanics that will be placed into the game. That means it is my job to corral a dedicated community early on to be invested into the game. We are looking to you guys to help us make the game you want.

I don't know about you, but as for me (as a gamer)... I love to follow the development of games as soon as word of it leaks out. I don't play a game based on impulse, I play a game because I followed it for a year or years before it is released.

So to answer the question of " Why bother spreading the message on a gamers forum"... well, basically we're in the business of games =)

Thanks all =D

-CaliMaestro
    hook me up on the beta anytime id love to test a new game first i need to sort out my internet routersssssssssssssssss gone bust someone buy me a new router!
    tabbycats right though wrong section :P

Banned

Cali, I do like you as a person and I liked you as a GM when you were on Carnac-West for a very short period of time, but you are in with the wrong crowd I'm afraid. K2 has shot themselves in the foot by ignoring the Knight Online users.

Banned Senior Member

Cmon stop tryin to drag him down. He didnt even have to let us know about the game but clearly he already understands that there is a majority that does no approve of G1/K2, or he would not feel the need to post here.

I'm all for giving it a shot. It's Cali's game, not K2. If this game really is his "baby" he would not let K2 corrupt it. Keep the negative speculation out because it's just feeding into a fire that does not even exist.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast