Page 359 of 390 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 5836
Like Tree60Likes

Apex Forever | LIGHT-FARM | UNIQUE CONCEPT

This is a discussion on Apex Forever | LIGHT-FARM | UNIQUE CONCEPT within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Manio22 Server is kinda dry. The farm setup is boring, no events in cz, boring scheduled events, ...
Page: 359

Quote Originally Posted by Manio22 View Post
    Server is kinda dry. The farm setup is boring, no events in cz, boring scheduled events, you name it.
    ED is opening on Friday and they are working on collection races in cz.
    Once 80 cap and collection races launches I think there will be plenty to do

KingNoodles Senior Member Manio22's Avatar

You guys said u wanted to bring back the 2007 feeling. This is far worse the 2007 feeling and nowhere close to the nostalgic 2007 feeling. Its depressing and confusing with all the changes you guys are doing. Ive never seen this insecure admins. In Sweden the weather changes frequently and cant be trusted, same thing goes for this server.

not hating or anything, just giving an honest opinion, im quite sure im speaking for many other players as well.

Well while I'm having fun and the server is very active, I have to agree that I don't quite understand the point of the current setup and level cap. It's so far from the MYKO style, that there's very little nostalgia in the current level cap. But at the same time, we are being held back from the ROFD/Moradon expansion and the current setup is a mixture of both old and new, but not in a good way. People aren't playing the game like they do in real KE/MYKO servers, they play it like they would play USKO. But due to the level cap and the gear restrictions, we're being held back from progressing our characters until the level cap is increased and new items and events are unlocked. On top of that, as people have pointed out, the current level cap has introduced balance issues due to mage damage being balanced for 80 cap with flame rings unlocked. Honestly, is the 80 cap going to be that big of a deal? Is it really going to make the server have a longer life span?

Another issue I'd like to raise is the current upgrade cap. Maximum upgrade for most items is +7 and some items like Chitins, MD and Glaves can be upgraded to +8. I'm not entirely sure whether this is a good thing anymore. I spoke to some melee players and they've expressed their dissatisfaction with the current farming possibilities (which I somewhat predicted, but whatever) due to it all being either inefficient or irrelevant. People aren't incentiviced to farm shells, because doing the daily quest for a shell set and upgrading those instead is a better investment of your time than actually trying to farm the required pieces. Farming raptors and shards is great for solo players, but it's not efficient for parties. As it stands, it's more profitable to farm with 8 accounts in abyss and buy the gear you need. So what is the activity a group of players are supposed to attend besides PvP? Due to the lack of incentive for farming, the lack of events becomes an even more glaring issue. Bifrost monsters in bowl is great, but like I stated before the server even started, 90% of the bifrost drops are trash. By raising the upgrade cap to +8 "already", people might feel incentiviced to farm for better gear because the possibility for gear cap exists. It would still be ridiculously hard to obtain +8 items, so less active players wouldn't get stomped as hard anyway, but maybe it would motivate some of the melee players to do something else besides PK with +5/+6 gear against mages that deal damage that is balanced around combat against fully geared level 80 players. Not to mention, you can add dragon flight, mythril and other armors later, which will help new players catch up to speed quicker, while the older players might still wear their +8 sets.

Just don't get me wrong, I haven't had this much fun in a server in a long time, but some of the issues are very obvious and I feel like they were pointed out before official, but somehow here we are. I don't understand why we have 2 wars per week either, especially when the first 2 were cancelled, the 3rd one was forgotten about and the 4th one was bugged and therefore, also cancelled. We should have another set of wars on Wednesday at least and maybe another FT per day for Europeans (It's at 6-8 AM everyday HELLO?). FT could even rotate, so that every other day it suits European players and the other the rest of the player base.

I'm sure the server will last for a while, since the player base it has gathered is rather loyal, but it will loose activity quick and only attract mage clans for the time being, since mages teams are satisfied with very little. I'm just confused why we're holding back on some of the most basic things, when we have so many other expansion options to look forward to, without feeling like we're stuck at waiting for the next update.

Edit: Stuff that bothered me for a long time, but looking forward to:

• We are considering adding tax to merchants to increase coin outflow, as well as increase the price to open PK chests (this change would mean the items obtained through the PK chest will all become tradeable).

• We'll be going over Juraid Mountain's functionality prior to it's release to ensure there are no issues there.
    • We'll be fixing the bugs reported with Castle Siege War and Lunar Wars to ensure these events run smoothly from here on out.
    • We'll be looking at moving the Bifrost event time and/or reducing the frequency of this event to ensure healthy PK during peak times.
    Last edited by Kallop; 05-12-2020 at 06:37 AM.

All of these issues were easily predictable, that's why I bailed out on day two.

The horrendous farming setup, the lack of original content and the insane barriers for new users to settle in are all server killing factors, but they're also so easy to overcome.

It looks like the only thing they worry is somehow "the economy". I keep hearing these buzzwords on every post - "influx", "outflux", "taxes" - to a point that it starts being funny due to how serious it's taken when compared to other topics that are actually light-years ahead when it comes to the importance and success of the server.

The only thing they basically have is this "good" (very debatable) economy and pages upon pages of cringeworthy quests to a point of it being overwhelming.

And if this wasn't enough, they did not advertise the server properly and did not hire a diverse team with game knowledge to fill in their gap. Two extremely basic and elemental actions not taken. Intelligent people learn with past mistakes, and they have not.

So once again we see these two extremely skilled developers, the very best in this scene, but with absolutely zero vision and management skills (and honestly, not even common sense) not learning with their mistakes. But to be fair, I do believe that this does not apply to twostars. I'm sure that between the two he is the open minded one and understands these issues mentioned, but unfortunately he gets reduced to basically being an "IT guy" for fixing bugs and taking care of technicalities, so all of the geniality and potential goes to waste.

So this is what happens next: a slow decrease of players (untill out of nowhere it becomes exponential) while slowly releasing content to maintain this mediocre survivability (compared to what it could be), unless they actually start changing.

It's important to know that I just took time to write this ridiculous rant at this day and age because I care about this server, and believed it could be "the one". But this is getting harder and harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    All of these issues were easily predictable, that's why I bailed out on day two.

The horrendous farming setup, the lack of original content and the insane barriers for new users to settle in are all server killing factors, but they're also so easy to overcome.

It looks like the only thing they worry is somehow "the economy". I keep hearing these buzzwords on every post - "influx", "outflux", "taxes" - to a point that it starts being funny due to how serious it's taken when compared to other topics that are actually light-years ahead when it comes to the importance and success of the server.

The only thing they basically have is this "good" (very debatable) economy and pages upon pages of cringeworthy quests to a point of it being overwhelming.

And if this wasn't enough, they did not advertise the server properly and did not hire a diverse team with game knowledge to fill in their gap. Two extremely basic and elemental actions not taken. Intelligent people learn with past mistakes, and they have not.

So once again we see these two extremely skilled developers, the very best in this scene, but with absolutely zero vision and management skills (and honestly, not even common sense) not learning with their mistakes. But to be fair, I do believe that this does not apply to twostars. I'm sure that between the two he is the open minded one and understands these issues mentioned, but unfortunately he gets reduced to basically being an "IT guy" for fixing bugs and taking care of technicalities, so all of the geniality and potential goes to waste.

So this is what happens next: a slow decrease of players (untill out of nowhere it becomes exponential) while slowly releasing content to maintain this mediocre survivability (compared to what it could be), unless they actually start changing.

It's important to know that I just took time to write this ridiculous rant at this day and age because I care about this server, and believed it could be "the one". But this is getting harder and harder.

I hear you loud and clear, the solution is to hire me to the management team.

I take a can of coke per day as payment.

On a different note, I really wanted to come back and try this server, been missing KO a lot over the years, can't really tell if it's worth it though?

Server protection and files are great but lack original content.

1. To me it doesn't seem hard to add a sort of 'collection race event' to spice up PK
    2. Add more custom quests which you can do in CZ
    3. Add a BIG boss , literally you can use any mob in existence and upgrade it size and just rename it and create a special unique in slot item.
    4. Creating custom file map would also be nice.

In short, server lacks original content.

FUCK THIS SERVER MAN. MELEES on orcside went archers. now we have 2-3x archer parties spamming 700 per arrow. This so fken trash. If I could I fken charge back every fken penny i spent on this mother fucking server. fken TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH server.

MadMan Senior Member SacredHealDane's Avatar

I totally love this server , but the canceriest mages and archers are kinda over powered atm.
    Would be glad if u can add the 80 Cap as soon as possible .

Alright, so at the moment the server really need some chances. Some classes are so overpowered in compare with other classes.
    Warriors are most likely useless, archers & mages are so overpowered. 1k-1.2 k damage with torment on a warrior when you have 5-6k hp.

What about the events? there is nothing to do during the day, as well there is nothing to farm together everything you can do, is most likely soloble.
    We went to Bifrost with our full clan, we killed around 50-60 gluttons, and we had only 1 fragment.

07:00 in the morning there is Forgotten Temple, what the heck for time is this

Go open 80 cap already, and make the classes balanced !!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Zaikoooo; 05-12-2020 at 04:49 PM.

Server is fucking shit at 70 cap, most karus partys are archers, 4 different mage groups spamming novas.
    OPEN FUCKING 80 CAP ALREADY OR THE SERVER WILL DIE

Senior Member ˡᵒᵛᵉ ᵏᶤˡˡˢ ˢˡᵒʷˡʸ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manio22 View Post
    FUCK THIS SERVER MAN. MELEES on orcside went archers. now we have 2-3x archer parties spamming 700 per arrow. This so fken trash. If I could I fken charge back every fken penny i spent on this mother fucking server. fken TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH server.
    HOLY SHIT YOU'RE THE DEFINITION OF ALBANIAN

Quote Originally Posted by TabbyCat View Post
    I hear you loud and clear, the solution is to hire me to the management team.

I take a can of coke per day as payment.

On a different note, I really wanted to come back and try this server, been missing KO a lot over the years, can't really tell if it's worth it though?
    Yes, it is worth it. Please try, don't mind all the negative vibes.. I myself hate certain things about the server but... its KO, has nothing to do with ApexKO

Server has its ups and downs.. but guess what? Nothing is perfect..

Yes, as of right now mages/archers are pwning the shit out of everyone.. but then again guess what? Beta Phase #2 lvl 80 all the archers and mages were pretty much useless so enjoy lvl 70 cap for a while

You don't need to play this game 10 hours a day.. you don't need events.. USKO/STKO has no events at all, once in a while GM logs-in and spawns bosses to cz, thats pretty much it lol

Quote Originally Posted by ˡᵒᵛᵉ ᵏᶤˡˡˢ ˢˡᵒʷˡʸ View Post
    HOLY SHIT YOU'RE THE DEFINITION OF ALBANIAN

Yes, it is worth it. Please try, don't mind all the negative vibes.. I myself hate certain things about the server but... its KO, has nothing to do with ApexKO

Server has its ups and downs.. but guess what? Nothing is perfect..

Yes, as of right now mages/archers are pwning the shit out of everyone.. but then again guess what? Beta Phase #2 lvl 80 all the archers and mages were pretty much useless so enjoy lvl 70 cap for a while

You don't need to play this game 10 hours a day.. you don't need events.. USKO/STKO has no events at all, once in a while GM logs-in and spawns bosses to cz, thats pretty much it lol

well fuck you dude. I bet u are ugly as fuck and still virgin. now tell me where are u from again?

GDM

Do mages still hit 1200+ on 250 flame resisst ? OMG

Well I think the server is still fun, but definitely everything that Manhattan stated is true. The server is getting quite dull and the farm aspect is really boring.

People whine a lot about the pvp but we (CrackeD) run 1-3 priest setup with assas and warriors and we are doing just fine, true if we face mage party 2 heal priests is must have, the damage is quite absurd but with 2 priests it's more than manageable.
    Archers are annoying but with good warriors blocking / assas flanking and giving descent, also manageable.

The only thing I really want is 80 cap and more content, I don't mean different events or more dailies, since I think running in events and doing dailies becomes a chore quite fast.

More content could include, some "minibosses" to eslant with faster spawn time than the big bosses have, these could drop like blue chests/fragments or anything around that subject and or you could add these to the colony zone as well.
    Also open the +8 cap.

PS: I really hope they hype things up and market the server a bit before opening 80 cap and adding trolls etc, so that new players could actually join in, the economy is still quite healthy which is nice.

Little archer Senior Member

Just needs to open 80 cap plus some more events / activities and all current problems will be fixed.

But of course crying is more effective huh

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 2
    08-21-2022, 06:42 PM
  2. Hits: 2
    10-06-2017, 10:01 AM
  3. Hits: 22
    08-22-2017, 03:34 PM
  4. Hits: 2
    05-06-2017, 07:54 AM
  5. Hits: 2
    05-04-2017, 04:55 AM