Page 362 of 390 FirstFirst ... 262312352358359360361362363364365366372 ... LastLast
Results 5,416 to 5,430 of 5836
Like Tree60Likes

Apex Forever | LIGHT-FARM | UNIQUE CONCEPT

This is a discussion on Apex Forever | LIGHT-FARM | UNIQUE CONCEPT within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Shane Twostars and Aesteris. You have alot of people offering advise on the server and from what ...
Page: 362

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Twostars and Aesteris.

You have alot of people offering advise on the server and from what ive seen, its largely being ignored or brushed off. I look at the discord channel and most of the comments are funny or not really about the serious points.
    This is partly the problem though - a lot of people offering personal advice thinking they all know best. We see it all. And I know how that sounds, but I don't mean that negatively - I honestly just couldn't word that better.
    A lot of the time the most vocal voices aren't the best to listen to. A lot of the stuff suggested in Discord terrifyingly misses the mark.

It's really not that we're brushing it off, just an information overload from a lot of voices that want to be heard simultaneously. Discord is NOT the best place to voice your opinion -- the forums are, by far.

1. Communication, i dont mean to be rude but this server has the worst communication i have ever seen on a server, the only communication is patch notes... yippeee. Ill give you an example, on Thursday you took the server down for a patch, no message ingame to say it would take longer, it took over an hour, you posted on discord to say it will take alittle longer. Your discord has 400 users, why not post ingame BEFORE you shut it off to say it will take longer and a guessed ETA is 90mins etc?
    Yes, our communication can be lacking but that example is pretty terrible - we didn't realise it would need to be down for so long beforehand, otherwise we would have. We kept updates rolling throughout.
    I don't really know what to say here (ironically, I suppose). I could spend all day replying to people (like now) or I could get back to actually dealing with issues. I've been sick for most of the week, wasn't really able to get much more than trivial things done throughout - so I'm trying my best to make up for lost time now.

2. Bifrost, this is garbage. You decreased the greed drop rate to stop undez running the market, im fine with that, we got 40+ frags and hour, this is to much. But really, you have made this zone a ghost town. Was your intention to do this? Simple solution, increase frag drop rate, reduce unique chance from cashing them in? Everybody is happy.
    The issue is raised, an actual suggestion thread on the forums would be helpful but it's (one of many) things that are somewhere up there on the list of things to address. Changes have been trickling through to address these things. [EDIT: this was actually addressed in today's patch, even]

3. Events, CR has been good, PK has been popping, why are these not daily?
    Good news! As of today's patch, they are indeed scheduled now!

4. Events continued, we haven't had a kill the GM, find the GM... Not even a boss event that ive seen?
    Yes, you are right - this is something we are trying to work on. The issue generally comes down to reward distribution, to be honest.
    Once we have something worked out for GMs, this should be better.

5. Farming, i dont farm often, but ive spoken with some farmers and they are all saying the same thing, you need to increase drop rates on bus etc, the price of bus in mora is 1.2-1.3m now, with current drop rate and constant raiding its not worth farming so with BF being so bad, how do you expect those users without wallets to compete now?
    6. ISI/Fela/ Ultima, these are not in the game in delos/ BF. Why?
    I'm not the best person to talk to about this.

7. PK, a great suggestion from a user in your discord was for people to lose 0 nps when they die, this hasn't been done in a server before and would mean people stop and fight rather than towning to escape combat. Personally this is a great idea and you were both talking on the discord at the time and not one response to this user? Why give ideas if they are actively ignored?
    Doing so provides a no risk/reward scenario anymore, so why bother? And it makes NP transferring even easier. I think there's good reasons as to why it's not been done before.

8 and final point. A road map, when is 80, when is Krowaz, when is 83 etc, etc, etc. We live in a society where people want to know rather than be surprised. Be honest, open and transparent with your community. If not, it will be smaller week on week.
    Again I'm not the best person to talk to about this, but to my understanding the original plan was to go for a month or close to it. As things are, that'll probably just be bumped up.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt though.

Sorry for the long post, im always happy to discuss privately and i even offered my services as GM before you opened, ofcourse going off the 2 communication points above i wasn't even responded to so i know my worth now.
    Sorry, I've just been insanely busy since before the beta (Aesteris too, obviously). It's been non-stop. I saw your PM and mentioned it to Aesteris but I kind've forgot about it with everything going on.
    Like, I don't know how it looks from your perspective but I've been literally just focused on this server virtually 24/7 for well over a month now. The only break I've taken was forced this week, being sick and all.

From my perspective there's just 9 billion things going on at all times, always working on something major while also weaving in minor things -- and *still* managing to be consistently behind, somehow.

What I can say is you can at the very least rest assured that if there's an issue, we will address it. It may not be immediate, but we *will* get there.
    And we're definitely not ignoring advice. We're taking it all into consideration - just not necessarily responding to it. If it were in the forums, it'd perhaps be easier to comment on it, but Discord is just a mess (and a huge time sink).

I hope this serves as something of a sufficient response.

PS: As far as drop rates in general go, I'm not sure but there may or may not be some underlying issue affecting rates in general (difficult to say with RNG -- from an outset it looks fine, but it does seem odd at times).
    Once we identify that (if it even exists), things can go back to normal a bit. Still need to more thoroughly investigate that.
    Last edited by twostars; 05-16-2020 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Yes, our communication can be lacking but that example is pretty terrible - we didn't realise it would need to be down for so long beforehand, otherwise we would have. We kept updates rolling throughout.
    I don't really know what to say here (ironically, I suppose). I could spend all day replying to people (like now) or I could get back to actually dealing with issues. I've been sick for most of the week, wasn't really able to get much more than trivial things done throughout - so I'm trying my best to make up for lost time now.
    Might well be a bad example but the general point does remain. The main issue is there doesn't seem to be a community manager in place? With this it needs to be somebody who plays with their ear to the ground, someone to filter things back through to you so you don't get overloaded and likewise be able to have information to answer questions from people.

Yes, you are right - this is something we are trying to work on. The issue generally comes down to reward distribution, to be honest.
    Once we have something worked out for GMs, this should be better.
    A little more "community" GM would be nice, someone with more of an active presence in the server.

Doing so provides a no risk/reward scenario anymore, so why bother? And it makes NP transferring even easier. I think there's good reasons as to why it's not been done before.
    A better option here would be raising the town %, for example 75/80%.

Again I'm not the best person to talk to about this, but to my understanding the original plan was to go for a month or close to it. As things are, that'll probably just be bumped up.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt though.
    Please don't take any personal disrespect to this next point; Surely even if there was a plan it would have been nice to at least share a rough plan with the community? Again this comes under communication issues, even if it wasn't set in stone.

From my perspective there's just 9 billion things going on at all times, always working on something major while also weaving in minor things -- and *still* managing to be consistently behind, somehow.
    Community Manager

This is my opinion and my opinion only but the servers is diving downwards pretty quick things are getting stale, pk is either dead or 30+ parties all sitting on top of each other, with mages and archers picking off the front line, maybe people enjoy this but for me and a lot of people this isn't fun, i already said that content rushing will kill the server, its been 2 weeks and we've got bifrost & jeraid, these aren't insane but if the content that contains new items comes out each week, then whats the point in farming each event when you know new and better items will come out each week making previous item's obsolete? you may as well hold your coins for a month until krowaz is out, the farm rate for raptors and shards was way to high and the same for chitin's / shells, i have a full in hostess of chitins +1 which are not even worth upgrading, a few people tried with mds but after a couple of days they were useless, a lot of people will say, well the game becomes stale without new content but there are plenty of ways to make current content more playable rather then adding new events, i hate to say it, because the stability etc is flawless and i know how much work has gone into the server, but i don't think its going to last long or it will with a few people who enjoy playing a poorly populated server.

Quote Originally Posted by TabbyCat View Post
    Might well be a bad example but the general point does remain. The main issue is there doesn't seem to be a community manager in place? With this it needs to be somebody who plays with their ear to the ground, someone to filter things back through to you so you don't get overloaded and likewise be able to have information to answer questions from people.

A little more "community" GM would be nice, someone with more of an active presence in the server.

A better option here would be raising the town %, for example 75/80%.

Please don't take any personal disrespect to this next point; Surely even if there was a plan it would have been nice to at least share a rough plan with the community? Again this comes under communication issues, even if it wasn't set in stone.

Community Manager
    Not a single, but a group of them would be nice.
    They should be also people who to ask guidance for over ingame content, releases, nerfs etc.

Server is great. I still get my ass kicked bad in CZ but I still enjoy it.. !

CSW today was great. Atleast 500 people and ended with new owners of the castle in the last 10 seconds.

Unfortunately owning the castle is useless - it's like 9gbs a week on a server where that much buys you an Old RoL.

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    Is it really that hard to start a poll on their forum ?
    It would be silly of them to raise the level cap just because 5% of their playerbase is complaining about it on 3rd party forums. How about living the moment, that you've been waiting for years ? They'll raise the level cap at some point, you'll play for how much longer ? 2 months ? then all you server hoppers prolly gonna wait for another couple of years begging for a relaunch. Which you're prolly fine with, if you don't wanna be part of their community -- I understand. But you have to think about the admins and their goal about the future of this server.

Unless they changed strategy and decided to milk as much money as they can by rushing with unlocking features and relaunching every 3 months instead of providing quality server.
    Annnnnnnd as soon as the quarantine is over, most people will leave or play 10% as much as they used to. As always you're delusional and stupid.

But sure, hold onto 80 cap and other stuff for years to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTOy9trpFII&
    let me know when you think stuff starts getting a little fucked up

EDIT

https://gyazo.com/2638c585a9df310158b2353c1e5a0801

great response

https://gyazo.com/46d0160ebcab2a181854322813459659
    BUG ABUSE: permanent ban, unless your a turk mage clan....... gg
    Last edited by Oscar; 05-19-2020 at 05:35 AM.

trash server owners tbh

looking at the minimap? this is why ppl who never played the game shouldnt run a server.
    but i couldnt care less, theres less and less ppl everyday

WHOEVER READS THIS DONT START HERE, PK IS FUCKING BORING.

For the record, Oscar refused to actually participate in a civil discussion so he was muted and took it here.
    Never said I wasn't doing anything about it, in fact anyone actually reading Discord without bias would have understood that I was investigating how best to tackle this issue (that's a thing on *every other private server out there and always has been*), but apparently some people find that too difficult a task.

As for the minimap remark, that wasn't supposed to be an excuse - contextually it was just an offhand remark pointing out how you could just as equally abuse in the same manner without modifying files. And all it takes is one guy calling that out, but sure, let's fixate on that, and *not* every other response where I explained generally why they do it (FPS) and how I'd be looking into addressing it.

Y'all need to chill out and stop taking everything so personally.

You're the one taking it Personal thats why u mute ppl.
    Your minimap Comment just showed everyone that you never actually played the game (or csw) And thats why u dont understand how bad of an abuse this actually is.
    Yeah go hide behind your computer again And try to "fix" this instead of stepping up like a man once And btw the "fps" thing is just a thing they made up so you wouldnt punish them. Or why do you think they actually make pk videos? Coz they struggling with fps? Lmao

And aesteris dont even bother replying as you even know less than twostars.

Peace

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Annnnnnnd as soon as the quarantine is over, most people will leave or play 10% as much as they used to. As always you're delusional and stupid.

But sure, hold onto 80 cap and other stuff for years to come.
    The first wave of this quarantine is actually already over in most countries. Also, FYI, quarantine has negative effects for a server's future due to multiple reasons but mainly because players can farm the hell out of it and gear themselves in a faster timespan than the staff expected (and hoped for).

But then again, if you've never played online games for fun or if you've never cared to become part of a server's community and gain reputation/become known around then I understand you being delusional and acting like stupid for the level cap.

If a server is relaunching every 3 months then you call its staff "scammers who are milking money off players". But when the staff are doing their best and are known for keeping stable and populated server online for years, then you're trying to make some money off it for 3 months and then you're searching for another server to play on ? Hypocrisy at its finest.

For the record, Oscar refused to actually participate in a civil discussion so he was muted and took it here.
    Never said I wasn't doing anything about it, in fact anyone actually reading Discord without bias would have understood that I was investigating how best to tackle this issue (that's a thing on *every other private server out there and always has been*), but apparently some people find that too difficult a task.

As for the minimap remark, that wasn't supposed to be an excuse - contextually it was just an offhand remark pointing out how you could just as equally abuse in the same manner without modifying files. And all it takes is one guy calling that out, but sure, let's fixate on that, and *not* every other response where I explained generally why they do it (FPS) and how I'd be looking into addressing it.

Y'all need to chill out and stop taking everything so personally.
    Why set rules, if your not gonna follow up on it.
    By now it should be known cheats/bug abuse is ban.
    I would believe its personal seeing as it effects all the people.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 2
    08-21-2022, 06:42 PM
  2. Hits: 2
    10-06-2017, 10:01 AM
  3. Hits: 22
    08-22-2017, 03:34 PM
  4. Hits: 2
    05-06-2017, 07:54 AM
  5. Hits: 2
    05-04-2017, 04:55 AM
  6. Hits: 2