Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 130
Like Tree6Likes

Give us your suggestions (Early Development)

This is a discussion on Give us your suggestions (Early Development) within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hello everyone. First and foremost this is a topic regarding suggestions for our early development of the server. We are ...
Page: 1


  1. #1
    Senior Member bigdudle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Playboy Mansion
    Posts
    1,966

    Default Give us your suggestions (Early Development)

    Hello everyone. First and foremost this is a topic regarding suggestions for our early development of the server. We are slowly bringing back our server over time. We would love to hear everyones suggestions on what they would like added or changed to the server.

    Anyway, yes the server is ChillKO. I know some of you are probably going to be like 'haha, not this again.' But yes, ChillKO again. Let me tell you why we decided to work on this shit hard once more. We got to watching youtube videos of one of the first times launching the server. We had a lot of bugs and stuff was kind of unbalanced, we still managed to reach a peak of 120+ online most of the time. Back then, considering how our server was set up that is not bad at all lol.

    I realize this server has came up and down 3-4 times already and we honestly do apologize for that shit. I will tell you right here 'why' it has failed those times and we assure you it is not going to happen again.

    - Our Admin teams over the past 3-4 ChillKO's have not been.... how do I want to put this... 'decent' enough for our standards therefore causing the server to fuck up basically. This time, we have changed our admin team. Yes, its taken us 3 to 4 releases to realize this but we've finally decided to change the admin team.

    - 80 Cap servers are out. Honestly, you can check most 80 cap servers and see that they're all dieing except for a few. Even SexyKO is dieing sadly enough to say. I played for 3-4 years on that server. Anyway, considering that 80 cap is dead, we are going to be 70 cap this time. Instant 70 btw, we know everyone hates XP so we won't make people XP. That is another thing that hurt us last launch, we screwed up and made XP too hard. We did however fix that but it was too late when everyone had left.

    - We didn't have enough events. We have fixed this now, we're currently working on our own custom events to give the server a twist. We have also FIXED FT. I will even provide videos to prove that it is working 100%. One of our admins constantly went through all the tables and changed stuff. We plan on doing some fun things with FT as well to give it a spice.

    - People hated all the items. (Fallen, Mystic, Undef.) We have wiped all those items considering we're going to 70 cap. Our max armor will be supershell and its only 10 AC higher than shells. We will not have ANYTHING OP AT ALL. Our max weapons for now will be bi-frost and possibly release Juraid items down the road. I really do believe that the items payed a big part in our server not being as popular.

    - Our server was +10/+1 before, that honestly didn't work out that good as we thought it would of. We are now going +8/+1 which is honestly the most balanced setup you will find. +8/+0 is ok as well I guess.

    - Our classes were not as balanced as we thought. We are going to test them 100% and make sure everything is ok.

    - We had too much blue GFX work. We have got rid of most of the blue stuff, including the blue UI we used to have and all the blue GFX in moradon. I know people got annoyed by it quick. We are also going to use a UI this time that everyone is comfortable with using.

    - Our starter items was not set up properly, we've sort of changed that now.

    - WE DIDN'T advertise enough. That is one of the main reasons we didn't succeed. We fucked up and only posted on a few spanish forums and ko4life. We should of tryed to get a topic pinned on KO-Cuce but we didn't.

    In all honesty guys, I'm not ashamed to admit our flaws that we had. We will be fixing it now and honestly most of it is already fixed. I'm not even saying that ChillKO did too bad before, it just had too many flaws and I think we rushed the server launch date. We still reached around 80-90 people at a certain point which is NOT that bad for a serv that had some flaws.

    Anyway, here is basically how the server is set up CURRENTLY. There is more to it than what I'm about to say tho.

    - Instant 70 no XPing what so ever.

    - +8/+1 is the max armors/jewels

    - Max armor will be SuperShell. (Same shit as shells just 10 AC more and it DOES drop.) Max weapons currently will be Bi-Frost weapons. Later down the road we possibly might release Juraid weapons. There will be no Mystic, Fallen, Krowaz, or Undef weapons.

    - We're gonna try to make money have a nice value here. Not 100% sure how we're going to set it up yet but we've got an idea.

    - You will have everything +8 as starter items EXCEPT for shells and the really high class weapons. You will have for example Glave +8 as a starter weapon for warriors. You will have to farm for your raptor or buy it at NPC for a pretty high price in coins. That is just an example of how it is currently set up item-wise. I would also like to mention that Jewels +0 are still at the NPC in Moradon. We didn't want to make everyone start out in +9 Abyss Jewels because we felt newcomers would be screwed over by this.

    - Upgrade rates are not 100%. This does not mean that you have to sit there all day and upgrade. In fact no, you can honestly go straight to PK but some other players might have a slight advantage over you if they have shell +8 and the other high class weapons.


    There is much more information to the server than what I just posted above ^ but thats just some quick information on how we're setting this shit up now.

    We would like everyone to post their suggestions on our forum. Here is the url --> http://forum.chillko.com/index/

    If you have any more questions, feel free to post here or on the forums.
    Last edited by bigdudle; 11-06-2013 at 12:01 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member bigdudle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Playboy Mansion
    Posts
    1,966

    Default

    I truly hope some of you go on our forums and give suggestions. We would like to be working on your suggestions before we even decide on a beta release date. It's going to be a while tho, we're taking our time with this release. But please, go to the forums and make some suggestions. We want you guys to build the server in a way. Just remember you will be placed into a spectator group, you won't be able to do anything else on the forum.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    188

    Default

    I'd be willing to give it a go, sounds like you guys found your best idea after a trial and error period.Respect.

  4. #4
    God. Moderator Kallop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Above you.
    Posts
    5,204

    Default

    There are lots of things listed here that I could of told u ages ago Rick :P Oh well it sounds promising to a certain extent. If you really want to make a good long-lasting server, then you need to make it PvP based but allow people to improve their PvP experience by farming items. Also I'm not talking about farming for 2-3h and having full gear but more like little by little increasing your stats by farming better gear. Maybe make shells/chitins available very easily but super shells take a while to farm and upgrade? Just an idea I guess. Also about money, I think you should just replace 'noah' with some other items that work as the currency used in trades. Like an item you have to collect to get items or something like that. It has to be a single item that is required in order to get some item people might want to obtain. KO4U had the medal system before which worked flawlessly. (Rappy+9 1500 medals.. through in-game trade :3 Medals were used to buy Knight Armor +8, 100-500 for 1 part.)

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Yea.... about the blue graphics.. I got a little carried away and was kind of lazy, seemed like I just threw a paint bucket full of blue all over everything haha. This time, this server will have much better graphical work, as I'm taking my time.

    As you can see


    @Pheonix - Glad to hear that and yea we have.

    @Kallop - That basically is how the server will be, since Super Shells is the highest tier of armor, Shells are not to hard to get.. and actually that money idea is a good one, we should give that thought, we have a money system thought up already though.

    P.S, the pathos you see is just a visual patch, will more than likely be removed before beta.

  6. #6
    Senior Member bigdudle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Playboy Mansion
    Posts
    1,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    There are lots of things listed here that I could of told u ages ago Rick :P Oh well it sounds promising to a certain extent. If you really want to make a good long-lasting server, then you need to make it PvP based but allow people to improve their PvP experience by farming items. Also I'm not talking about farming for 2-3h and having full gear but more like little by little increasing your stats by farming better gear. Maybe make shells/chitins available very easily but super shells take a while to farm and upgrade? Just an idea I guess. Also about money, I think you should just replace 'noah' with some other items that work as the currency used in trades. Like an item you have to collect to get items or something like that. It has to be a single item that is required in order to get some item people might want to obtain. KO4U had the medal system before which worked flawlessly. (Rappy+9 1500 medals.. through in-game trade :3 Medals were used to buy Knight Armor +8, 100-500 for 1 part.)
    We're working on setting that up somewhat how you already said it other than the money part

  7. #7
    God. Moderator Kallop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Above you.
    Posts
    5,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdudle View Post
    We're working on setting that up somewhat how you already said it other than the money part

    The money idea I gave you is flawless though. KO4U ran for like what, a year? And they had the medals in-game for the whole time and every item had a set value because everybody needed medals.
    MySexualIntention likes this.

  8. #8
    SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,378

    Default

    You will need new client, or the old chillko one with tbl editor that you didn't have on previous versions. Skills like scream have not been fixed if you remember, if you will use same database, not client, you will seriously need to balance all the skills, archer's arrow shower was hitting 1k on people on their screen in total, but it was kinda fine because of the edited juraid weapons and CPs and hellblades. Archer will needed to be balanced incase you have same database because it's gonna be a monster on 70 cap since arrow shower is still present at 70 cap and no matter the weapon it still hit sh1t hard. My suggestion is simply getting a clean 70 cap database with original skill balance. Add the archer combo if you wish, if not it's fine aswell, incase added has to be tadly nerfed on some skills, there has to be 20 second cool down on styx aswell on 70 cap. Anyway if you don't want to discuss about origins of server files and client files here you can just pm me on skype and we can work from there.

  9. #9
    Senior Member bigdudle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Playboy Mansion
    Posts
    1,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    You will need new client, or the old chillko one with tbl editor that you didn't have on previous versions. Skills like scream have not been fixed if you remember, if you will use same database, not client, you will seriously need to balance all the skills, archer's arrow shower was hitting 1k on people on their screen in total, but it was kinda fine because of the edited juraid weapons and CPs and hellblades. Archer will needed to be balanced incase you have same database because it's gonna be a monster on 70 cap since arrow shower is still present at 70 cap and no matter the weapon it still hit sh1t hard. My suggestion is simply getting a clean 70 cap database with original skill balance. Add the archer combo if you wish, if not it's fine aswell, incase added has to be tadly nerfed on some skills, there has to be 20 second cool down on styx aswell on 70 cap. Anyway if you don't want to discuss about origins of server files and client files here you can just pm me on skype and we can work from there.
    We have our TBL Editor and stuff now. We planned to change damages anyway obviously you slutvenian.

  10. #10
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    733

    Default

    You're panel is ugly.

  11. #11
    Senior Member bigdudle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Playboy Mansion
    Posts
    1,966

    Default

    By the way guys, quick question.

    Do you guys prefer us to keep 1500HP/300 AC scrolls

    Or add 2,000 HP/350 AC scrolls and add them to a NPC for a lot of money? Money will have kind of a value here as I stated. Or, we could make a quest for those scrolls or something.

    I'm just curious what you guys think about adding 2k/350 scrolls on 70 cap. I wish everyone would post on our forums tho as well instead of on ko4life. But yeah, let me know about the scrolls.

  12. #12
    Senior Member bigdudle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Playboy Mansion
    Posts
    1,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    You're panel is ugly.
    GFX on our panel is the least bit of worries right now lol

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    27

    Default

    @Rocket - Panel gfx is from a person who did the gfx a long time ago, i've never changed anything on it besides banner lmfao

    The banner will be changed along with the background most likely.. other stuff stays.

  14. #14
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdudle View Post
    GFX on our panel is the least bit of worries right now lol
    It shouldn't be, It's a good source to have a population, You go to a random ko server and see there panel, and it looks like shit, what do you assume?

    Just saying.

  15. #15
    Senior Member bigdudle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Playboy Mansion
    Posts
    1,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    It shouldn't be, It's a good source to have a population, You go to a random ko server and see there panel, and it looks like shit, what do you assume?

    Just saying.
    Serv hasn't even launched beta nor is it near it. We already have plans to redo all the GFX mayne. I aint worried about GFX on the panel right now lol. Meta is slowly re-doing all the GFX anyway. I get ur point tho, already know about dat.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. Hits: 6
    11-06-2013, 12:16 PM
  2. Hits: 11
    10-28-2013, 02:40 PM

Similar Threads

  1. PureKo - Leave us your Suggestions & Thoughts
    By PureKo in forum Private Servers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-05-2012, 04:40 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-20-2007, 07:30 PM
  3. K give me your advice xD
    By Private in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-15-2007, 07:47 PM
  4. ###Do not give share your account!!###
    By Canusee in forum Ares
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-27-2006, 04:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •