Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 751
Like Tree176Likes

LegitKO [Closed Beta]

This is a discussion on LegitKO [Closed Beta] within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by InfernalFire I gotta say I agree with Nikos3, giving archers Slow/Stun capability is overkill imho, so long ...
Page: 19


  1. #271
    Banned Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InfernalFire View Post
    I gotta say I agree with Nikos3, giving archers Slow/Stun capability is overkill imho, so long as we can combo without any restrictions or nerfed damage then archer is already a versatile and powerful class.
    like i said me and my team has not done class dmgs yet? so who is to say if it's over powered or not? archers will have combo no restrictions other then a 2 sec delay on ice shot looking into it dw

  2. #272
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    So the gist of the problem stems down to it's currently fine unless there's too many of the same class in the party, right?
    What if a limit were imposed on parties, to enforce more varied parties, say... max of 3 [i.e. less than 50% of a full party] of any class per party?

    Does that work, or are there any unintended side-effects I'm not seeing?

  3. #273
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    129

    Default

    @two: I like that idea as it promotes skill and team play but I am sure there will be a lot of opposition to this from players who prefer the nova nova town style of play

    @AfterMath: I'm just saying man, I play archer anyway so yeah bring on Ice/Light arrows lol, I was just trying to make it fair for other classes

  4. #274
    www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    So the gist of the problem stems down to it's currently fine unless there's too many of the same class in the party, right?
    What if a limit were imposed on parties, to enforce more varied parties, say... max of 3 [i.e. less than 50% of a full party] of any class per party?

    Does that work, or are there any unintended side-effects I'm not seeing?
    You mean, in PK zones, like CZ ?

    If so, then there'll many complains i guess, 'cause a clan might have 10 rogues online, 1 warrior and 1 priest. By this way, it's like saying "ey i don't want this party form on my server, so go create a class that's needed for the party or go solo". =o //except if i don't get what you mean..

  5. #275
    Banned Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    You mean, in PK zones, like CZ ?

    If so, then there'll many complains i guess, 'cause a clan might have 10 rogues online, 1 warrior and 1 priest. By this way, it's like saying "ey i don't want this party form on my server, so go create a class that's needed for the party or go solo". =o //except if i don't get what you mean..
    what two is saying is there will be a limit of say 3 priests rouge etc per party if we add this it would make things harder and more changeling since rouges like sin partys and all btw all pk zones we are looking at

  6. #276
    www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AfterMath View Post
    what two is saying is there will be a limit of say 3 priests rouge etc per party if we add this it would make things harder and more changeling since rouges like sin partys and all btw all pk zones we are looking at
    So, my comment was right.

  7. #277
    Senior Member bigdudle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Playboy Mansion
    Posts
    1,966

    Default

    I agree to a certain extent that ice/light shot on a 70 cap serv is OP.Once we get to balancing classes we'll see if it needs to be removed or not. Thats what beta is for tho technically :P

    It's obvious that people on beta will have to help balance the classes, we can do it the best that we can b4 beta though.

  8. #278
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    You mean, in PK zones, like CZ ?

    If so, then there'll many complains i guess, 'cause a clan might have 10 rogues online, 1 warrior and 1 priest. By this way, it's like saying "ey i don't want this party form on my server, so go create a class that's needed for the party or go solo". =o //except if i don't get what you mean..
    That's a lot of rogues. Is that a typical spread? It seems a bit of an extreme case; I just wonder if, assuming people were aware of the party limitation going in (as opposed to having created & geared their characters before knowing about it), they'd actively seek to work with the limitation, or just give the server a miss. A lot of people do play multiple classes though, and of course, especially in the case of clans, accounts are usually shared, so I'm not entirely convinced this is a problem likely to occur often. Of course, I'd really like to hear what others think on that.

    Ultimately, KO's supposed to be a team game; each class is supposed to counter others, in some semblance of overall class balance. Sadly, it appears such parties (mages in particular) are too common, as together, they can be quite OP.. which is the core problem here. So what really should be happening is something to encourage diverse team-play, IMO.

    Perhaps preventing them from joining the party, then, is the wrong approach... as indeed, if the above case is at all common, it can be unfair for those players. So... what about simply penalising them somehow? This becomes a lot more trickier, as you'd have to establish some sort of penalty that would actively discourage parties comprised of mostly the same class (that would noticeably affect all classes).

    I don't know. Anyone else have any thoughts on it? Overthinking the problem, perhaps?

  9. #279
    Senior Member bigdudle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Playboy Mansion
    Posts
    1,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    That's a lot of rogues. Is that a typical spread? It seems a bit of an extreme case; I just wonder if, assuming people were aware of the party limitation going in (as opposed to having created & geared their characters before knowing about it), they'd actively seek to work with the limitation, or just give the server a miss. A lot of people do play multiple classes though, and of course, especially in the case of clans, accounts are usually shared, so I'm not entirely convinced this is a problem likely to occur often. Of course, I'd really like to hear what others think on that.

    Ultimately, KO's supposed to be a team game; each class is supposed to counter others, in some semblance of overall class balance. Sadly, it appears such parties (mages in particular) are too common, as together, they can be quite OP.. which is the core problem here. So what really should be happening is something to encourage diverse team-play, IMO.

    Perhaps preventing them from joining the party, then, is the wrong approach... as indeed, if the above case is at all common, it can be unfair for those players. So... what about simply penalising them somehow? This becomes a lot more trickier, as you'd have to establish some sort of penalty that would actively discourage parties comprised of mostly the same class (that would noticeably affect all classes).

    I don't know. Anyone else have any thoughts on it? Overthinking the problem, perhaps?
    The idea sounds good, only thing about it is the fact that some clans make strict archer/mage clans. I'm not sure how that could be set up in all honesty haha. I wouldn't wanna completely hurt clans that like going those type of parties and stuff.

  10. #280
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdudle View Post
    The idea sounds good, only thing about it is the fact that some clans make strict archer/mage clans. I'm not sure how that could be set up in all honesty haha. I wouldn't wanna completely hurt clans that like going those type of parties and stuff.
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't. :/

  11. #281
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    So the gist of the problem stems down to it's currently fine unless there's too many of the same class in the party, right?
    What if a limit were imposed on parties, to enforce more varied parties, say... max of 3 [i.e. less than 50% of a full party] of any class per party?

    Does that work, or are there any unintended side-effects I'm not seeing?
    This is a great idea that will end those OP full mage and full archer parties.
    This is the best way to balance the game. And also to make the people have to get different classes in their party cuz that's the way the devs intended a game to be. Teamplay where every class has it's role in the party. Not a nova-nova-town shitfest.
    Undef likes this.

  12. #282
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    In all honesty? I wouldn't set a limitation on classes for each party.You will limit the clans, regarding mage clans. Archer clans and so on.. just my opinion on it. Don't change a system that doesn't need to be changed.
    NoOneCanStopMe and zuka like this.

  13. #283
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    In all honesty? I wouldn't set a limitation on classes for each party.You will limit the clans, regarding mage clans. Archer clans and so on.. just my opinion on it. Don't change a system that doesn't need to be changed.
    don't you get it? there shouldn't be mage or archer clans. They just ruin the balance and make the game worse for other classes.
    All clans should have all classes in them.
    Undef likes this.

  14. #284
    God. Moderator Kallop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Above you.
    Posts
    5,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    don't you get it? there shouldn't be mage or archer clans. They just ruin the balance and make the game worse for other classes.
    All clans should have all classes in them.
    Another hater. l0l. Ever been in a full warrior party? It's equally OP.

  15. #285
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    In all honesty? I wouldn't set a limitation on classes for each party.You will limit the clans, regarding mage clans. Archer clans and so on.. just my opinion on it. Don't change a system that doesn't need to be changed.
    This is the entirety of the problem, unfortunately: a party full of a single class (e.g. mages, archers) tends to tip the balance scale over to the OP-side, whereas individually (and really, in small groups) they're counter-balanced fairly well.
    Unfortunately, as such, this has become a play-style preference for people... so you're stuck either trying to tweak skills to try and render this a non-issue & in doing so, making the class worse off for solo/small groups (pissing them off), or pissing off the people who prefer to play with full (or mostly full) parties like this.

    As stated, it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

LinkBacks (?)

  1. Hits: 1
    04-29-2014, 03:15 PM
  2. Hits: 5
    03-20-2014, 04:42 PM
  3. Hits: 1
    03-15-2014, 03:27 PM
  4. Hits: 6
    01-06-2014, 06:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •