Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 93
Like Tree11Likes

[Light Farm][OFFICIAL][OPEN]Knights Revelations

This is a discussion on [Light Farm][OFFICIAL][OPEN]Knights Revelations within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by nickos3 So, you're a server owner or a player ? i'm confused ... Doing both is something ...
Page: 4


  1. #46
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    So, you're a server owner or a player ? i'm confused ...

    Doing both is something bad, really bad. :P
    Owners need empathy, or they can't stay as "owners" for long. Besides, I really like to play KO.

  2. #47
    www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Owners need empathy, or they can't stay as "owners" for long. Besides, I really like to play KO.
    I didn't say "you should never play KO again", i just told you that playing a server while owning one, is a bad combination.

    IMO, as always. so, don't get mad

  3. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    I didn't say "you should never play KO again", i just told you that playing a server while owning one, is a bad combination.
    ... why? He's entitled to spend his time however he sees fit; I'm sure nobody would complain if the server's running fine.

    Otherwise, if that's not your (so very obvious) reason, there's no way he can really win, is there?

    I mean, if he plays his own server, you'd have people complaining that he's abusing his access to gain an unfair advantage on his server (whether it was true or not).
    If he plays another server, you're complaining -- presumably because he's "promoting" another server instead of his own? I don't see how this is a bad thing; I mean, with all the attacking, and general crappiness of the community, how is helping another server (if you even want to consider it that, as to be honest, I don't think it makes a difference at all) a bad thing? Perhaps his server's designed differently to target other players, but even if it wasn't, who really cares? ;_;

    But I've probably missed your point entirely, which is why you really need to be less vague. If you've got a point to make, just make it; we don't know what you're thinking, and can only guess at your reasoning.
    Rainmaker likes this.

  4. #49
    www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    ... why? He's entitled to spend his time however he sees fit; I'm sure nobody would complain if the server's running fine.

    Otherwise, if that's not your (so very obvious) reason, there's no way he can really win, is there?

    I mean, if he plays his own server, you'd have people complaining that he's abusing his access to gain an unfair advantage on his server (whether it was true or not).
    If he plays another server, you're complaining -- presumably because he's "promoting" another server instead of his own? I don't see how this is a bad thing; I mean, with all the attacking, and general crappiness of the community, how is helping another server (if you even want to consider it that, as to be honest, I don't think it makes a difference at all) a bad thing? Perhaps his server's designed differently to target other players, but even if it wasn't, who really cares? ;_;

    But I've probably missed your point entirely, which is why you really need to be less vague. If you've got a point to make, just make it; we don't know what you're thinking, and can only guess at your reasoning.
    Well, even though you cannot read my mind, i thought that you'd understand what i'm talking about.

    It's so obvious, that, owning a server requires lot of time to waste. Even 24/7 in the beginning of the launch.
    When you launched your last server, (NDKO?), you were playing other servers instead of serving community service ?

  5. #50
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    Well, even though you cannot read my mind, i thought that you'd understand what i'm talking about.

    It's so obvious, that, owning a server requires lot of time to waste. Even 24/7 in the beginning of the launch.
    When you launched your last server, (NDKO?), you were playing other servers instead of serving community service ?
    I was working on my server 24/7 for months now. I was buried so deep in developing (so called :P) I lost my ability to see the game from outside, the big picture shit. Playing other good servers helps more than working on mine sometimes. Anyways, this server is not what I expected. tigerko-acme-soacs combined client. And 800 mb is a little bit too much for a client isn't it? The yummy panel didn't match with the client

  6. #51
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Quite frankly, I play other servers to gain ideas of how they do their own thing and I also play servers loaded with big events so I can see how the players react to it and how the system itself works in the game instead of just toying around with it in DB, its how I am fixing BDW currently and fully understanding it. You don't have to invest 100% of your time into a PSKO, I invest maybe.. a good solid 50% of my time into my server and the other half is spent outside of KO, it's a nice balance which is why I have 3 administrators on my server from different time zones so we can all balance our real life and our server.. so all in all, I don't see an issue with a different server owner playing another server. I play several myself and still find time to invest into my own.

    Also at Rainmaker, going to assume the 800MB size with the client, going to assume you were talking about our client, I am trying to cutdown on the size in all honesty and remove the unnecessary files we have in it..

  7. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    Well, even though you cannot read my mind, i thought that you'd understand what i'm talking about.

    It's so obvious, that, owning a server requires lot of time to waste. Even 24/7 in the beginning of the launch.
    When you launched your last server, (NDKO?), you were playing other servers instead of serving community service ?
    Nobody said anything about not looking after the server. I don't know why you'd just jump straight to assuming they're neglecting their server by doing so.

    Having said that, you're saying running a private server means you shouldn't have any free time at all? You should be focusing on your server all the time? That's a great way to stress yourself out, very quickly at that.
    You need to step back from the server every once in a while. This is why you need a team; one person cannot handle everything by themselves. If you're doing it by yourself, you're doing it wrong and it's not going to end well (and yes, I'm speaking from experience).

    I see nothing wrong with him playing another server (or another game). Nothing at all.
    ReesesPieces likes this.

  8. #53
    BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    49

    Default

    I've been reading few comments from nickos. And seriously? You seems like a wannabe who doesn't have any clue. Loads of comments from you with full speech saying '' this is black and this is white - metafore ''. Seriously,do you jerk off on twostars? I see hes your idol,you want to be a smart ass like him.... You and twostars are the same expect that he knows what hes doing/saying and you dont have a clue..

    I've tried revelationsko its normal average server.. I recommend it to everyone who plays ko few hours per day...

    As it goes for rainmaker playing this server,why not? Why would anyone even care what hes doing. Mind your own bussines...

  9. #54
    www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Nobody said anything about not looking after the server. I don't know why you'd just jump straight to assuming they're neglecting their server by doing so.

    Having said that, you're saying running a private server means you shouldn't have any free time at all? You should be focusing on your server all the time? That's a great way to stress yourself out, very quickly at that.
    You need to step back from the server every once in a while. This is why you need a team; one person cannot handle everything by themselves. If you're doing it by yourself, you're doing it wrong and it's not going to end well (and yes, I'm speaking from experience).

    I see nothing wrong with him playing another server (or another game). Nothing at all.
    The logic says that.

    I didn't say that you shouldn't have free time at all but if your target is to open a server and obviously to keep it active and perfect then yes, you'll have to waste most of your time on the server else don't even bother to open any, else it will end up like all of the rest servers around which lasts 1-2 weeks and all they do is re-launch (if they're money whores).

    Serving support on 30 ? 50 ? 150 ? people is more important than anything else (except of the health), if you do it as a hobby of course. Differently if you care just for the money you can pay few people to do this just for you.

    About the last part, yeah, a team helps a lot, BUT only if you know the team in real life (like me). If you find a "virtual team" then, say bye bye on your server because you'll be scammed. (at least most of the times and i'm speaking from experience).

    @Former08, i'm not here to give orders to anyone about what to do or what not to do. I've readed his post and i felt the need to give my own opinion on this subject, just like you did with me (and that's the reason i respect your opinion //plus because it seems that you're a newcomer here, in g4l. So i'm not judging you). BUT, as much as you don't mind your own bussines, you don't have to say that to the others.

  10. #55
    Senior Member zuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    MY, Wilayah Persekutuan, Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    The logic says that.

    I didn't say that you shouldn't have free time at all but if your target is to open a server and obviously to keep it active and perfect then yes, you'll have to waste most of your time on the server else don't even bother to open any, else it will end up like all of the rest servers around which lasts 1-2 weeks and all they do is re-launch (if they're money whores).

    Serving support on 30 ? 50 ? 150 ? people is more important than anything else (except of the health), if you do it as a hobby of course. Differently if you care just for the money you can pay few people to do this just for you.

    About the last part, yeah, a team helps a lot, BUT only if you know the team in real life (like me). If you find a "virtual team" then, say bye bye on your server because you'll be scammed. (at least most of the times and i'm speaking from experience).

    @Former08, i'm not here to give orders to anyone about what to do or what not to do. I've readed his post and i felt the need to give my own opinion on this subject, just like you did with me (and that's the reason i respect your opinion //plus because it seems that you're a newcomer here, in g4l. So i'm not judging you). BUT, as much as you don't mind your own bussines, you don't have to say that to the others.

  11. #56
    www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zuka View Post
    Let's start a poll to make it fair.

  12. #57
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Saying "you're doing it wrong if you work alone" Is not accurate, It actually means that you're server has more of a chance imo, if the guy is dedicated and is capable, Fuck trusting people over the internet, or better yet irl.
    What kind of owner plays another KO server? That makes complete since.
    nickos3 likes this.

  13. #58
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    733

    Default

    After 6+ months issues had occurred and we chose to "relaunch" the server, 6+ months is way more then the MAJORITY of the KO servers lasted, What can I say, Doing it wrong?
    You like logic right? As stated above the 6+ months of my servers life from doing it solo has surpassed many of team's server life span, including you'res right? Doing it wrong?

  14. #59
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    What in the world.. If you choose to play another server you're neglecting your own? I guess multi tasking isn't allowed? My goodness.. ZAMG I MUST EXPRESS MY OPINION EVERYWHERE. Most pointless argument I have ever seen. Let the guy do what he wants? Appreciate the free bumps tho, really.

    also about the "You can't trust anyone" I truthfully believe this is just bullshit. I have worked with my staff and they haven't done anything? Or did anything dumb? We work together all pretty well. So please don't say "ZAMG IT'S BETTER TO WORK ALONE!" When your servers average below 150 and even lower? Working with a staff is much more efficient and I get a ton more free time with it! If you wish to waste your time because you have trust issues? So be it.

  15. #60
    BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Saying "you're doing it wrong if you work alone" Is not accurate, It actually means that you're server has more of a chance imo, if the guy is dedicated and is capable, Fuck trusting people over the internet, or better yet irl.
    What kind of owner plays another KO server? That makes complete since.
    Apperently you work alone & your server is actually the same garbage as revelations,forgotten and those servers... No offence to anyone tho.
    But still,i'm sure all of those 3 servers are sucesfull in their own heads. So we can't say you got a bad service or anything.

    You can't work alone on the server/project. You need big names in the server,you need someone who will publish it,you need a good developer...
    Rainmakers servers sounds cool,but he is nor developer nor publisher.. He is just a server owner,and i wish him the best.

    But this nickos... seriously you are a douchebag lol

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. Hits: 4
    07-31-2014, 09:44 PM
  2. Hits: 2
    09-03-2013, 04:56 AM
  3. Hits: 2
    08-16-2013, 02:55 AM
  4. Hits: 2
    08-16-2013, 02:55 AM
  5. Hits: 2
    08-16-2013, 02:52 AM
  6. Hits: 2
    08-16-2013, 02:38 AM
  7. Hits: 2
    08-16-2013, 02:37 AM
  8. Hits: 10
    08-14-2013, 07:54 AM
  9. Hits: 10
    08-14-2013, 02:37 AM
  10. Hits: 1
    08-06-2013, 02:20 AM
  11. Hits: 5
    08-03-2013, 04:56 AM
  12. Hits: 2
    08-02-2013, 12:44 PM
  13. Hits: 31
    08-02-2013, 05:05 AM
  14. Hits: 48
    08-02-2013, 02:13 AM

Similar Threads

  1. Knight Imperia Official Launch
    By Rodrane in forum Private Servers
    Replies: 258
    Last Post: 03-12-2012, 09:56 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •