Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

NDKO (No Drama)

This is a discussion on NDKO (No Drama) within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; No Drama KO Important Updates (October 2nd) ~ Client will be down-loadable on October. 9th http://forum.nodramako.net/topic/163...r-information/ ~ Client will support ...
Page: 1

[]D [] []V[] []D Senior Member T_rey's Avatar

Default NDKO (No Drama)

No Drama KO

Important Updates (October 2nd)
    ~ Client will be down-loadable on October. 9th http://forum.nodramako.net/topic/163...r-information/
    ~ Client will support Widescreen Resolutions (i.e. resolutions like 1920x1080) http://forum.nodramako.net/topic/199...creen-support/
    ~ The "Beta" will launch Friday the 15th of October at 4:00 PM (GMT-8) http://forum.nodramako.net/topic/186...h-information/

(Keep in mind users who participate get compensated for it in the official launch)

Visit the NDKO forums to stay up to date faster!! Ty for your support.

Tired of the same bullshit servers constantly being produced, from people leeching off snoxd? Tired of inexperianced teams trying to make a quick buck by opening a fail ko private server? Tired of waiting for sexyko to make a farm server ? Or are you just trying to have fun on the most up-to-date private server out there?

If you answered Yes to any of the above questions, then NDKO is the place for you.

Who Runs It?
    NDKO is led by two of the most renowned devs in the private server community, Twostars (Basically just a legendary Dev who does nothing but amazing work), and Jonny (The Former owner of one of the biggest, if not the biggest, private servers of all time Lost Soulz). Both have come together in order to make sure this project succeeds.

Info about the server?
    From my mouth- The server is great, kinda like sexy ko but a farm server using the old villages of breth/piana having used a map editor to have them both completely working. The server will go through all the expansions of KO (KO>KE>ROFD). The server is also well maintained, well secured, if you don't believe it than thats your loss . There are no rates currently set up, because its still under construction.

From Jonny's Mouth-
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    What is special about this server?

Currently this server is running the same old public 1.298 server files.
    The game is using the old Piana and Breth maps with everything working accordingly (had to edit the map files to fix warp gates)
    This is the only server backed by knowledgeable developers (Twostars and myself). So, that should be pretty assuring that if an issue should arise it will be resolved in a timely manner.

Why is this server being opened?

The reason this server is being opened is because I am currently part of a project to create a KO Emulator and we will need a population to adequately use/test it.
    So, this server is supposed to attract players so that when the time comes we can test the emulator. Keep in mind this server isn't just for testing, it will be one of the only if not the only running this emulator.

What is this emulator and why is it so awesome?

Basically the emulator `emulates` the KO server's behavior but with our own code. We can improve certain aspects of the game, put in custom restrictions, change pretty much anything at will.
    A great example of an improvement that could be made is proper stun/ice effects. There has been a lot of speculation that these effects can be avoided by using client side .tbl files. We can enforce the effects server side so they cannot be avoided by cheaters. We can increase the # of clans in an alliance (although I think we will keep it as is.). Basically, we can do anything.. Yes, that includes duping.. no more duping, sorry turks =[

What will be different after the emulator is implemented?

As far as the user experience is concerned, nothing will change, the client will stay the same. We will just have more control over the actual game note the above.
    Upon the next major update following the implementation of the emulator we do expect to move to a newer client (USKO v. ~1828).
    Yes, this means we will eventually move to a NEW client. It will be 1828+ or whatever usko is at after we finish with the 1.298 version

Well, if this emulator is so different won't we lose everything when the server switches to the emulator?

Upon transferring to the emulator we will copy over all of the information from the previous database (no more wipes).
    including but not limited to:

• Accounts
      Characters
      Items
      Clans
      Alliances
      Statuses (King, Delos Owner.. etc.)

Is this still Lost Soulz? Why was LSKO shut down?

I cannot express strongly enough that this is not Lost Soulz. We won't be handling things the same as we did in the past. We're not going to promote or allow drama in the game or on the forums. If you want to make a scene, go cry on your twitter you attention whore. We aren't going through that shit again. I quit hosting because I got fed up with all of the crap. People wanted new things, I added them, people cried... Whatever I did people complained. Now, there's nothing wrong with some constructive criticism, in fact I condone it. I was tempted to put an age restriction on the server, but in the end decided against it. If you're on the internet act like an adult.

How will donations work?

We're currently not accepting donations. This may change in the future, but for now it's not a priority.

...Topic under construction...
    Release Date?
    Release Date as of right now, as far as I know is still undecided. Jonny and Twostars agreed that they wanted the public to know about the server and start to get a little tease from it, which is why I posted here. However release date shouldn't be to far away

How do we stay up to date?
    The forum link is http://forum.nodramako.net/
    The admins will keep you updated as much as possible, allowing you to know the appropriate release times, if there will be a beta, so on and so forth, just check the forums. If I am informed of anything new as well I will post it in these forums for you random onlookers to stay up to date as well.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this, sorry there's not more information about specifics in the server atm, but in time everything will show up. This was just to build interest in the public's eye for a little bit . Good Luck and remember NO DRAMA xD.
    Last edited by T_rey; 10-02-2010 at 06:54 PM.

Anime Adicted Senior Member Darktuga's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_rey View Post
    Tired of the same bullshit servers constantly being produced, from people leeching off snoxd? Tired of inexperianced teams trying to make a quick buck by opening a fail ko private server? Tired of waiting for sexyko to make a farm server ? Or are you just trying to have fun on the most up-to-date private server out there?

If you answered Yes to any of the above questions, then NDKO (No Drama Knight Online) is the place for you.

Who Runs It?
    NDKO is led by two of the most renowned devs in the private server community, Twostars (Basically just a legendary Dev who does nothing but amazing work), and Jonny (The Former owner of one of the biggest, if not the biggest, private servers of all time Lost Soulz). Both have come together in order to make sure this project succeeds.

Info about the server?
    From my mouth- The server is great, kinda like sexy ko but a farm server using the old villages of breth/piana having used a map editor to have them both completely working. The server will go through all the expansions of KO (KO>KE>ROFD). The server is also well maintained, well secured, if you don't believe it than thats your loss . There are no rates currently set up, because its still under construction.

From Jonny's Mouth-

Release Date?
    Release Date as of right now, as far as I know is still undecided. Jonny and Twostars agreed that they wanted the public to know about the server and start to get a little tease from it, which is why I posted here. However release date shouldn't be to far away

How do we stay up to date?
    The forum link is No Drama Knight Online • Index page
    The admins will keep you updated as much as possible, allowing you to know the appropriate release times, if there will be a beta, so on and so forth, just check the forums. If I am informed of anything new as well I will post it in these forums for you random onlookers to stay up to date as well.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this, sorry there's not more information about specifics in the server atm, but in time everything will show up. This was just to build interest in the public's eye for a little bit . Good Luck and remember NO DRAMA xD.

i was apreciating what i was reading till i saw jonny :s he leaded 1 of the most corrupted servers xD i actually got banned by killing a gm in vs in lost soulz but well since Twostars working on it im sure it will worth trying it lets hope this time it goes better than LSKO which was actually nice server but not well handled :s and since i dont hope to see SexyKO opening a farm server anytime soon this seems nice

Quote Originally Posted by Darktuga View Post
    i was liking what i was reading till i saw jonny :s he leaded 1 of the most corrupted servers xD i actually got banned by killing a gm in vs in lost soulz but well since Twostars working on it im sure it will worth trying it lets hope this time it goes better than LSKO which was actually nice server but not well handled :s and since i dont hope to see SexyKO opening a farm server anytime soon this seems nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    Is this still Lost Soulz? Why was LSKO shut down?

I cannot express strongly enough that this is not Lost Soulz. We won't be handling things the same as we did in the past. We're not going to promote or allow drama in the game or on the forums. If you want to make a scene, go cry on your twitter you attention whore. We aren't going through that shit again. I quit hosting because I got fed up with all of the crap. People wanted new things, I added them, people cried... Whatever I did people complained. Now, there's nothing wrong with some constructive criticism, in fact I condone it. I was tempted to put an age restriction on the server, but in the end decided against it. If you're on the internet act like an adult.
    Honestly its not like the past, and its not LSKO, Jonny is one of the most developed devs out there. He's done with all the past problems he went through, he basically took all the wrong things that happened and built off of them. And now with adding TwoStars, he can build the best server out there knowing exactly what the public looks for. I know the past had some doubts, however LSKO was up for 2 years, you cant blame randoms being corrupt here and there, and than completely disregard the overall success and greatness that came out of the server. Never once did it have its Database leaked (Servers now are up for 2 weeks and get them realeased), Never once had any major ddos problems (maybe a few random here and there but no biggie), and it always had the best people working on it (Devs/Hackers you name it).

Anyway good luck and Hope to see ya there

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Whoever came up with the name, either fire or shoot him (or her). This has to be worst iv EVER heard. Makes an old lol_BG muo server named RezpopoliziaSephirothMUO look like a piece of wierd artwork that most ppl dont get, but some rich fags who do, buy it for gigantic sums of dollahz.

Oh yea, inb4moarLSdrama

Hahaha fatty

Doubt ill start tricky:/ Jonny is an asshole .. I mean seriously hes an owner, and he could check the shit in hes server. When i got "hacked" he said i was a liar without even checking shit. Also he didn do anything about mo3head's injected items in hes past servers. As far as experienced shit ppl/servers never change ;o

Also ppl shouldn say "There are some great deveploers in this server". Fucking it dosnt matter how great Deveploers you got. If they cant manage the server it dosnt matter. And this is something alot of ppl agree with me.

Well i wish u you good luck ;

PS: Dont ass lick to much, ur not the type to asslick for some gm ass.. You are the guy who whoop ass and smoke crack

I really like the server's name NO DRAMA ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Magyk View Post
    Whoever came up with the name, either fire or shoot him (or her). This has to be worst iv EVER heard. Makes an old lol_BG muo server named RezpopoliziaSephirothMUO look like a piece of wierd artwork that most ppl dont get, but some rich fags who do, buy it for gigantic sums of dollahz.

Oh yea, inb4moarLSdrama
    A rose by any other name, is still a rose...

And hey atleast the servers name has meaning to the server. Showing how they won't take kindly to any form of drama. Other servers just have a name that flows pretty but is in fact meaningless.

Which is why that fancy piece of art work is so expensive, while other nicer looking ones cost about .50 xD.

Quote Originally Posted by johny View Post
    Hahaha fatty

Doubt ill start tricky:/ Jonny is an asshole .. I mean seriously hes an owner, and he could check the shit in hes server. When i got "hacked" he said i was a liar without even checking shit. Also he didn do anything about mo3head's injected items in hes past servers. As far as experienced shit ppl/servers never change ;o

Also ppl shouldn say "There are some great deveploers in this server". Fucking it dosnt matter how great Deveploers you got. If they cant manage the server it dosnt matter. And this is something alot of ppl agree with me.

Well i wish u you good luck ;

PS: Dont ass lick to much, ur not the type to asslick for some gm ass.. You are the guy who whoop ass and smoke crack
    You know as well as anyone how much mo3head actually helped. Continously hacking his server until Jonny found ways to thwart everything he did. Yall just need to see the hard facts I guess to tell things have changed. 1) Jonny doesnt work with any person he used to work with in LSKO, 2) Twostars will have the ability to check everything that happens, 3) There are so many added security features it nearly makes corruption impossible (Such as when you spawn a boss, it gets publicly noticed in all chat).

Yall keep thinking this is lsko but in all honesty, this server isn't even accepting donations which a lot of yall cant seem to grasp. Meaning there are no op donators, there is no favortism to donators so on and so fourth. LSKO used to strive around donations with greedy jews, this server doesnt need them, they are two completely different servers.

Managing a server, goes hand in hand with lsko being up for 2+ years, making more donations than any other server, and providing the biggest population base in total out of any other server. So I would say it was well managed.

PS: Im not asslicking queer haha, I just wanna see this server explode xD because it honestly is better than any other one you will find. I also know for a fact ill cya on there xD scrubb haha
    Last edited by T_rey; 08-27-2010 at 04:25 PM.

Jonny_

@johny

You seem to be a bit concerned with how I handled things in the past. The most likely cause of you not receiving any support was because multiple IPs had logged your account and that's a red flag of account sharing. If you share your account there's nothing I can do to help you. As for the mo3head problem we had, what did you expect me to do? He was in pretty deep. If I pissed him off at that time he would have german raged and shit all over the server. I still believe I handled that situation the best way possible. I got him out, then dealt with the situation. You probably shouldn't complain about things you know nothing about.

ahhhhh
    looks nice ._.

im down if there isn;t corrupt gms

deathklock

Will archery work like it does in USKO?

Ooookay, I think the name could use some work (wasn't that all just joking? :P) but otherwise the above statement's fairly accurate. Any suggestions on a name? We're open to them.

Regarding the operation of the server, I can pretty much guarantee there will be nothing corrupt about it - after all, after cheaters and copypasta "KO developers", an unfair server is on my 'most hated' list. I don't know nor really care about what happened at LSKO; that was another server ran another time.

As for the emulator, we've had some pretty neat ideas on how we can make good use of its flexibility (and I've been deliberately designing it to be as flexible as possible). We will definitely, in good time (after the most important functionality), see both completely custom events and USKO events... as well as some gameplay functionality changes (that will only serve for the better), cool quests and most likely (knowing jonny) some (actual) new skills.

The sky's really the limit with the project, which I started about 2 years ago - though with everything else I've been doing it's been a bit side-tracked until recently; I've been getting some heavy work done on it every chance I get and coming up with a lot of new ideas in the process (which is sort've a bad thing - changing how I do things to be more compatible with the idea is a little counter-productive in the general development of the emulator, but at least it's fun! :P).

I didn't see it mentioned, but there's no ETA on the project's "completion" (but it's getting relatively close). However, I can assure you it will most definitely be worth it when it does get to its usable stage (I don't like the term "completed", because something like this can never really be completed; as long as mgame update KO, I'll be there updating and refining - and I do like to refine a lot).

Will archery work like it does in USKO?
    I'm not so much of a KO nut, but I'll find out what you mean. I can guarantee that the skill will just "work", regardless of if USKO's doing it properly.

On that note, as the emulator has been designed from the ground up (I can attribute nothing to mgame besides the general concept of their systems & packet structures) I've been specifically ensuring I do things my own way - checking absolutely everything and not referring to how mgame does things, ultimately meaning a much more secure server. I have no doubt that it will not be perfect, but compared to their servers... it'll be as close as it can get.

Donations - ultimately, we will have to work something out for this, otherwise paying for the dedicated server month-by-month is going to be an issue. For now though, as stated, it's not so much a priority.

Regarding the pre-emu 1.298 server: it's likely, I won't play too much of a role in it besides any security issues. I really don't want to waste any time fussing over something that'll be made obsolete soon enough. That said, we'll see what happens - you may find yourselves victims of my "humour"... *evil grin*.

Anyway, looking forward to getting things running properly. Long rant out.
    Last edited by twostars; 08-27-2010 at 11:01 PM.

every ko server has drama and people who pretty much wanna make a quick buck i can remember all the money you made in past and barely fixed peoples needs for ingame.

Jonny_

Please tell me, how much money did I make?

I was always proactive in helping improve the game. People welcomed updates, but it got to a point where people complained no matter what I did; that's when I split.

Quote Originally Posted by Avast View Post
    every ko server has drama
    Yeah, I don't really like the name either. It was just a fun little joke as we were discussing names (or so we thought, it's definitely being changed).

Quote Originally Posted by Avast View Post
    and people who pretty much wanna make a quick buck i can remember all the money you made in past and barely fixed peoples needs for ingame.
    I'm not sure who you're referring to here; if it's me I can say that statement is entirely false - back on KO Crusade and prior we struggled to pay for the dedicated server on a monthly basis, but I'm not overly surprised - we were "overly" fair to players (in comparison with some other servers that shall go unnamed).

If it's jonny... again, think of this as a completely fresh start. We're two people, on a mission. "barely fixed peoples needs for ingame" -- in this case, that statement could hardly be more wrong. I understand, we've yet to run it yet but I can guarantee peoples' needs will be dealt with, if reasonable. With the emulator being my pet project and all, I will be able to sort things out. As somewhat stated previously, I've already got at least one gameplay idea that's going to be implemented from the word go, as well as many - MANY! - ideas on notably preventing cheaters (a few of them already implemented) as well as some fun new functionality.

Just clear jonny's slate and be prepared to give it a try. Can't hurt to see, right?

The final server's not going to just be your average joe server with a client leeched from X server, server files bought from some idiot who makes them unmodifiable to the owner, and a database copied from some Turkish forum; it will ULTIMATELY use whatever the latest USKO client is at the time we're ready to update the base (which is already partially ready for the update), it will be efficient - if there's any lag caused by the server (which I'm sure must occur with some of their main systems), it will be a non-issue... flooding the server will be useless (I've already implemented quite a bit of checks against that sort've thing, and ensured the server's not going to fall to any malformed packets)... if, in the case it does crash (which may happen moreso with initial testing of features & load-testing) there will be NO rollback (it auto-saves on crash. Neat, eh? ) and it will most certainly eventually support some decent events. *yay events*

If you don't know me, hi. I'm twostars. I'm the guy that actually has fun patching out security issues when the going gets rough and the idiots get cocky. I initially worked on a couple of KO servers with IceMan a while back, and have learned quite a bit in the process. Since hosting, I really lost interest in using the old files; I'm forever patching out security issues for other servers and doing their general bidding with custom patches and even fun events. I don't like using other peoples' code, especially when it's as useless as mgame's (hence the emulator). Sorry mgame, but that's life. :/ I've secured many a server, and if you'll notice, the majority of servers (probably a whole lot more now) are using my (USKO) panel - that I wrote. I've been in the KO scene since about '06 and have picked up some general idea of the game. That said, one thing you'll learn about me is that I don't play KO. Regarding database content, jonny's the man. What I do is make things work and (try) to appease the people. It's been quite a while since I participated in the hosting of a server (for the reason as mentioned previously) but a lot of you have probably seen me around on one server or another (whether or not I announced my presence is another thing!).

Regarding the server, the developmental process will seem to go something like this:

Stage 1:
    1.298 pre-emu (using the same server files everyone else is using, ick!) - jonny sets up a fun server, brings in players who will stick around for the "long" haul and we continue to keep it secure.

Stage 2:
    1.298 emu - The base 1.298 emulator is able to be tested. This will likely be done separately to the pre-emu 1.298 server. All data will be migrated across. We'll work on ironing out any kinks and finding anything slightly distasteful that can only be known when actually played on. Once "kinked out", the server will replace the old stuff we've been stuck with for the past 3-ish years.

Stage 3:
    1.8XX (whatever USKO version is out then) emu - The base 1.298 emulator will be updated, yet again, to support the latest version of USKO. Like stage 2, we'll likely run a test server separately to the active server to help us find kinks and all that fun stuff. Once done, we'll be able to use this more permanently and consistently maintain it.

That's the general plan, anyway!

I seem to be making a lot of promises. I can personally see them happening, but I'm sure you're just thinking "ah, another server with a lot of promises"... so I'll err, just get back to doing my thing so that these promises can come true. I really don't like to discuss what I haven't yet finished. :/
    Last edited by twostars; 08-27-2010 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Added the developmental stages.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    05-01-2012, 07:41 PM
  2. Hits: 439
    04-27-2012, 09:59 AM
  3. Hits: 1
    10-01-2010, 06:06 PM
  4. Hits: 1
    10-01-2010, 05:49 PM
  5. Hits: 2
    10-01-2010, 05:48 PM