Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 274

NDKO (No Drama)

This is a discussion on NDKO (No Drama) within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by twostars I'm not sure who you're referring to here; if it's me I can say that statement ...
Page: 2


  1. #16
    Almighty Moderator LambOfGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Peru.
    Posts
    1,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    I'm not sure who you're referring to here; if it's me I can say that statement is entirely false - back on KO Crusade and prior we struggled to pay for the dedicated server on a monthly basis, but I'm not overly surprised .
    just wonder if you still got the "KOCRUSADE" DB for sale ;o? i got a friend that might be interested to buy it and you know him , kinda miss how you said that you was a girl called Ana , that shit made me laugh, even"whut" was rofl'ing about it .


    Bump.

  2. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PendexO View Post
    just wonder if you still got the "KOCRUSADE" DB for sale ;o? i got a friend that might be interested to buy it and you know him , kinda miss how you said that you was a girl called Ana , that shit made me laugh, even"whut" was rofl'ing about it .


    Bump.
    Was an in-joke at the time, got way out of control; language barriers. To ease confusion, I just didn't bother correcting anyone. It was always fun watching them argue one way or the other, I'm sure they argued more than they PK'd. Heh.

    Nah, not selling the DB or any part of it. That server's long-dead, I'm sorry. However, hopefully Whut will give this one a go. I know not of gameplay or probably will all that much until "stage 2" (post-emu) but when I do I can guarantee fun. Soooo many fun ideas, and I'm sure you guys can brainstorm some more. If there's something wrong with KO's functionality, I'll address it. Fun fun fun.

    But I do hope Whut plays - he was a fun community member.

    On another note, some of the noticeable changes to other servers you'll notice is ongoing reduced cheating. As I've been working with a number of servers since KO Crusade, I've had a lot of time to pick out a lot of the issues and address them. The emulator is no different; I don't like to rush the code. If the code requires a thousand checks before actual functionality, so-be-it (though I'd like to think I could optimise a thousand checks quite a bit!! :P). But, regarding some of the specifics, my next step after rewriting my map system will involve integrating collision support (from client map files, so they're always correct) - this means no wall hacking. Speed hacking will be addressed also, as will the skill abuse (and the good old R-hack) - these are all about delays, cooldowns. The server doesn't care about them; it relies on the client. Mine will, and has already started to. R hacking should be a non-issue at this current stage of the developmental process (I've yet to dive deep into the skill system but once I do, I will definitely ensure the same amount of care about cheating as I have done so far). Quality code goes a long way (sometimes I wonder if Wizgate/mgame's developers were drunk when they wrote the game... where is the logic??!).

    If you have any gameplay/abuse issues that plague other servers, feel free to list them here so I can ensure they're a non-issue. Thanks.
    Last edited by twostars; 08-28-2010 at 12:41 AM.

  3. #18
    TheRealHipatos
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Was an in-joke at the time, got way out of control; language barriers. To ease confusion, I just didn't bother correcting anyone. It was always fun watching them argue one way or the other, I'm sure they argued more than they PK'd. Heh.

    Nah, not selling the DB or any part of it. That server's long-dead, I'm sorry. However, hopefully Whut will give this one a go. I know not of gameplay or probably will all that much until "stage 2" (post-emu) but when I do I can guarantee fun. Soooo many fun ideas, and I'm sure you guys can brainstorm some more. If there's something wrong with KO's functionality, I'll address it. Fun fun fun.

    But I do hope Whut plays - he was a fun community member.

    On another note, some of the noticeable changes to other servers you'll notice is ongoing reduced cheating. As I've been working with a number of servers since KO Crusade, I've had a lot of time to pick out a lot of the issues and address them. The emulator is no different; I don't like to rush the code. If the code requires a thousand checks before actual functionality, so-be-it (though I'd like to think I could optimise a thousand checks quite a bit!! :P). But, regarding some of the specifics, my next step after rewriting my map system will involve integrating collision support (from client map files, so they're always correct) - this means no wall hacking. Speed hacking will be addressed also, as will the skill abuse (and the good old R-hack) - these are all about delays, cooldowns. The server doesn't care about them; it relies on the client. Mine will, and has already started to. R hacking should be a non-issue at this current stage of the developmental process (I've yet to dive deep into the skill system but once I do, I will definitely ensure the same amount of care about cheating as I have done so far). Quality code goes a long way (sometimes I wonder if Wizgate/mgame's developers were drunk when they wrote the game... where is the logic??!).

    If you have any gameplay/abuse issues that plague other servers, feel free to list them here so I can ensure they're a non-issue. Thanks.
    These kind of promises are typical for developers of the Knight Online private server area.
    Some good advice for you, and all the other devs:"Before you start bragging about the skills you maintain to permanent eliminate exploits, please make sure you actually know that you know that you'll succeed in fixing them, and based on the fact you're still under 10% with the emulator project, I highly doubt you've got a bright view on what you're promising to the potential knights.

  4. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    189

    Default

    sounds nice =)

  5. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealHipatos View Post
    These kind of promises are typical for developers of the Knight Online private server area.
    Some good advice for you, and all the other devs:"Before you start bragging about the skills you maintain to permanent eliminate exploits, please make sure you actually know that you know that you'll succeed in fixing them, and based on the fact you're still under 10% with the emulator project, I highly doubt you've got a bright view on what you're promising to the potential knights.
    Coming from you. Come on DontLikeAFreak, you were banned for being a retard on snoxd... do you really think that you can continue to talk crap here?

    My "view" is extremely "bright" (I think you mean "clear"?). Jonny can confirm. Just because you don't know any of what you've tried to explain (do we now know that the Chinese - as awesome as they are - CANNOT impose client-side filtering without a client-side component yet or are we still so utterly ignorant of the concept of client/servers?) means you can cast doubt on my own knowledge.

    Regarding your example, the wall hacking/collision for instance is a simple setup. I've already delved into the client map files quite a bit, I just need to spend a little bit of dedicated time (not just a "quick" few hour analysis like I've already done) to map them out completely. Speed hacking? Compare move distance based on delay factoring in calculated approximate latency. Similarly for skill use - cooldowns, delays. Serverside implementations. Your trolling will not work here, sir.

    If you knew me in the slightest, you'd know I wouldn't state anything without being pretty sure of it's imminent completion. Otherwise, I tend not to state things... unlike some people.

    and based on the fact you're still under 10% with the emulator project,
    Clear example of the above. Where the hell did you pull this "10%" from? You know nothing about the project. Everything that has ever been stated publically is here in this thread, and it has NOT been stated that I'm "10%" of the way through the project. Realistically, I'd estimate closer to 90%, give or take but I don't make those statements for a reason (though you seem to).

    Do me a favour and don't bother replying in this thread anymore; I really don't need any of your bs replies on this forum. Your trolling only goes so far. What I do want, however, is ideas.

  6. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_ View Post
    @johny

    You seem to be a bit concerned with how I handled things in the past. The most likely cause of you not receiving any support was because multiple IPs had logged your account and that's a red flag of account sharing. If you share your account there's nothing I can do to help you. As for the mo3head problem we had, what did you expect me to do? He was in pretty deep. If I pissed him off at that time he would have german raged and shit all over the server. I still believe I handled that situation the best way possible. I got him out, then dealt with the situation. You probably shouldn't complain about things you know nothing about.
    You got him out because he told you how he actually got in and if he didn't he nearly always gave you hints.
    I remember you ASKING him to stop injecting shit cuz you couldn't do shit about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_ View Post
    Please tell me, how much money did I make?
    Don't act like you didn't make loads of money, moe sent me pictures of your paypal,driver license, of your emails etc, he logged your shit for months.
    Last edited by Warmen; 08-28-2010 at 12:38 PM.

  7. #22
    TheRealHipatos
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Coming from you. Come on DontLikeAFreak, you were banned for being a retard on snoxd... do you really think that you can continue to talk crap here?

    My "view" is extremely "bright" (I think you mean "clear"?). Jonny can confirm. Just because you don't know any of what you've tried to explain (do we now know that the Chinese - as awesome as they are - CANNOT impose client-side filtering without a client-side component yet or are we still so utterly ignorant of the concept of client/servers?) means you can cast doubt on my own knowledge.

    Regarding your example, the wall hacking/collision for instance is a simple setup. I've already delved into the client map files quite a bit, I just need to spend a little bit of dedicated time (not just a "quick" few hour analysis like I've already done) to map them out completely. Speed hacking? Compare move distance based on delay factoring in calculated approximate latency. Similarly for skill use - cooldowns, delays. Serverside implementations. Your trolling will not work here, sir.

    If you knew me in the slightest, you'd know I wouldn't state anything without being pretty sure of it's imminent completion. Otherwise, I tend not to state things... unlike some people.


    Clear example of the above. Where the hell did you pull this "10%" from? You know nothing about the project. Everything that has ever been stated publically is here in this thread, and it has NOT been stated that I'm "10%" of the way through the project. Realistically, I'd estimate closer to 90%, give or take but I don't make those statements for a reason (though you seem to).

    Do me a favour and don't bother replying in this thread anymore; I really don't need any of your bs replies on this forum. Your trolling only goes so far. What I do want, however, is ideas.
    It looks as if someone feels himself threatened, and starts plain flaming me with things that aren't even relevant to the subject this is all about.
    It also looks like your self-esteem has risen too high to your head, I can say now that you, just as an amateur developer (he is, as he's not a verified developer that works with an organisation like Gamersfirst for example) won't be able to fix the wall hack issue, as long as it will be possible in the official KOW, it will be possible in your emulator (if you ever get it finished, rolls his eyes to SexyReplay who made numerous postpones for his own emulator).
    I'm not trolling or anything like that, I'm only being skeptical and realistic towards your promises, nothing more, nothing less.

  8. #23
    Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    1,233

    Default

    GL tricky =)

  9. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealHipatos View Post
    It looks as if someone feels himself threatened, and starts plain flaming me with things that aren't even relevant to the subject this is all about.
    It also looks like your self-esteem has risen too high to your head, I can say now that you, just as an amateur developer (he is, as he's not a verified developer that works with an organisation like Gamersfirst for example) won't be able to fix the wall hack issue, as long as it will be possible in the official KOW, it will be possible in your emulator (if you ever get it finished, rolls his eyes to SexyReplay who made numerous postpones for his own emulator).
    I'm not trolling or anything like that, I'm only being skeptical and realistic towards your promises, nothing more, nothing less.
    A word of caution - I personally don't care what you think of me. I also personally don't care how much crap you want to pull out, because that's just it. It's crap. This "threatened thing", yeaaaah. Threatened by whom... you? That's curious indeed.

    Wall hacking isn't such a difficult issue to solve, hell, their client prevents it just fine (all most hacks really do is tend to set the user's internal authority to 0 to bypass a specific check - note: it could also be set to 250. All that it really needs is some server-side checks, because ... at least I, not sure about you being all Chinesey client/server miracle code crap ... know that server-side checks can NOT be bypassed. If they're restricted, they're restricted. They can't just access the server's code and change it via memory editing...). I've got the old client source. I've got the new client files (including the maps to take apart). It's all there to analyse, and I have spent a couple of hours taking a look at it, working it out. Hell, think of it as a 2D tilemap (it may make sense to you that way, though I'm doubting it) -- if you know where the objects are on your map, and you know which tiles are "walkable" (again, referring to 2D tilemaps here generally) you can improvise a quick tact to go, hey, if there's an object at X,Y (or rather, in KO's case, X,Z,Y) or that tile's (a tile tending to equate to a quarter of the specified co-ord, though KO's tile sizes are variable per map) off limits, don't allow movement (or in KO's case, send the warp packet to place them back at their previous location as mgame does with their speed hack checks etc).

    It's all just a matter of knowing where things are; of which, I can do that by understanding the client map file structures.

    Also, GamersFirst don't really develop KO. They merely "publish" it. They translate requests and send them back off to the head honchos down at mgame. Depending on how understandable the issue is, mgame may take a while to respond with a solution. I wouldn't be half surprised if the website wasn't their work either; contracted more than likely.

    Regarding my "self-esteem" - it only seems to go as high as I can throw idiots like you. Damn you overweight trolls.

    Amateur programmer or not, I'm perfectly confident in my own abilities and have nothing to prove to you, nor anyone else. I doubt attacking people online is good for your mental health but you really needn't bother trying. I don't crack, sir.

    You can speculate all you like. It's up to you, really. I, however, a. didn't make the thread, b. wasn't entirely intent on getting the expectation for the emu out there so soon as it was (I'd rather if it were done when it were done without anyone asking me about it in the meantime, meaning less actual work) and c. am finding you absolutely hilarious; all of your replies are the same, no matter which forum, no matter which name. It's funny. You hate on everything because people dislike you, only reflecting more general hate in your direction. You never have a clue what you're talking about, and act as if you're actually putting me down - which utterly fails, because your ignorance is just completely hilarious.

    Seriously DontLikeAFreak, try learning things before you start making claims that just make you look stupid (I'm surprised you're still doing it to be honest, that Chinese thing was a while ago... and all that nonsensical arguments even BlaDe lol'd at you regarding!). Take a hint, sir.

    ...and, one more thing. I asked it before and I'll ask it again. Please leave the thread unless you've got some positive contributions to add to it.

    Edit: If you need help understanding the hows & whys of exploit/abuse solutions, do PM me. I'll be happy to tell you in excruciating detail just how it works.
    Last edited by twostars; 08-28-2010 at 10:28 AM.

  10. #25
    TheRealHipatos
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    A word of caution - I personally don't care what you think of me. I also personally don't care how much crap you want to pull out, because that's just it. It's crap. This "threatened thing", yeaaaah. Threatened by whom... you? That's curious indeed.

    Wall hacking isn't such a difficult issue to solve, hell, their client prevents it just fine (all most hacks really do is tend to set the user's internal authority to 0 to bypass a specific check - note: it could also be set to 250. All that it really needs is some server-side checks, because ... at least I, not sure about you being all Chinesey client/server miracle code crap ... know that server-side checks can NOT be bypassed. If they're restricted, they're restricted. They can't just access the server's code and change it via memory editing...). I've got the old client source. I've got the new client files (including the maps to take apart). It's all there to analyse, and I have spent a couple of hours taking a look at it, working it out. Hell, think of it as a 2D tilemap (it may make sense to you that way, though I'm doubting it) -- if you know where the objects are on your map, and you know which tiles are "walkable" (again, referring to 2D tilemaps here generally) you can improvise a quick tact to go, hey, if there's an object at X,Y (or rather, in KO's case, X,Z,Y) or that tile's (a tile tending to equate to a quarter of the specified co-ord, though KO's tile sizes are variable per map) off limits, don't allow movement (or in KO's case, send the warp packet to place them back at their previous location as mgame does with their speed hack checks etc).

    It's all just a matter of knowing where things are; of which, I can do that by understanding the client map file structures.

    Also, GamersFirst don't really develop KO. They merely "publish" it. They translate requests and send them back off to the head honchos down at mgame. Depending on how understandable the issue is, mgame may take a while to respond with a solution. I wouldn't be half surprised if the website wasn't their work either; contracted more than likely.

    Regarding my "self-esteem" - it only seems to go as high as I can throw idiots like you. Damn you overweight trolls.

    Amateur programmer or not, I'm perfectly confident in my own abilities and have nothing to prove to you, nor anyone else. I doubt attacking people online is good for your mental health but you really needn't bother trying. I don't crack, sir.

    You can speculate all you like. It's up to you, really. I, however, a. didn't make the thread, b. wasn't entirely intent on getting the expectation for the emu out there so soon as it was (I'd rather if it were done when it were done without anyone asking me about it in the meantime, meaning less actual work) and c. am finding you absolutely hilarious; all of your replies are the same, no matter which forum, no matter which name. It's funny. You hate on everything because people dislike you, only reflecting more general hate in your direction. You never have a clue what you're talking about, and act as if you're actually putting me down - which utterly fails, because your ignorance is just completely hilarious.

    Seriously DontLikeAFreak, try learning things before you start making claims that just make you look stupid (I'm surprised you're still doing it to be honest, that Chinese thing was a while ago... and all that nonsensical arguments even BlaDe lol'd at you regarding!). Take a hint, sir.

    ...and, one more thing. I asked it before and I'll ask it again. Please leave the thread unless you've got some positive contributions to add to it.

    Edit: If you need help understanding the hows & whys of exploit/abuse solutions, do PM me. I'll be happy to tell you in excruciating detail just how it works.
    Am I speculating? I'm not, I only do analyse present and past of what has happened, or is happening right now. So far you are only able to explain it in theory, but putting it into practice will be a complete different story.
    So instead of bragging about your "abilities", work on your project and when it gets released (if it does at all), we'll see whether you have fulfilled your promises or not.
    PS: I do go by the name "Hipatos", and does it seem like I give a damn about what some low-quality moderator from just another forum dedicated to hacking games thinks about me?

  11. #26
    Jonny_
    Guest

    Default

    We're not here to discuss how profitable a ko server can be, or the proper procedure to remove a parasite from that server. We are simply acknowledging the advertisement that Tricky took time to put up. If you don't believe things said, or promises made, that's your decision. However, when everything is said and done I think you'll be surprised.
    Last edited by Jonny_; 08-28-2010 at 03:33 PM.

  12. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealHipatos View Post
    Am I speculating? I'm not, I only do analyse present and past of what has happened, or is happening right now. So far you are only able to explain it in theory, but putting it into practice will be a complete different story.
    Where'd you get your '10%' figure from then? It was made up.

    Explain it in theory?
    Code:
    void AIInterface::OnAttack(uint8 bType, uint8 bResult, Unit *pTarget, int16 sClientDelay /*= 0*/, int16 sClientDistance /*= 0*/)
    {
    	WorldPacket result(MSG_ATTACK);
    	ItemPrototype *pAttackersWeapon = NULL;
    	uint32 curTime = getMSTime();
    	uint16 sDamage = 0;
    
    	// If we're dead, or the target is dead or we're not even in the same zone, let's not bother them shall we?
    	if (m_pUnit->isDead() || pTarget->isDead()
    		|| m_pUnit->GetZoneID() != pTarget->GetZoneID())
    		return;
    
    	// If they're a player, our nations are the same and the zone isn't the Arena (temporary hacky check, just so long as it's there for now!)
    	if (pTarget->isPlayer() && pTarget->GetNation() == m_pUnit->GetNation() && pTarget->GetZoneID() != ARENA)
    		return;
    	// If they're an NPC and our nations are the same...
    	else if (pTarget->isNPC() && pTarget->GetNation() == m_pUnit->GetNation())
    		return;
    	
    	// Get the weapon used to attack the target, if any.
    	if (m_pUnit->isPlayer())
    	{
    		pAttackersWeapon = static_cast<Player*>(m_pUnit)->GetInventory()->GetDurability(RIGHTHAND) ? static_cast<Player*>(m_pUnit)->GetInventory()->GetProto(RIGHTHAND) : NULL;
    	}
    	else
    	{
    		pAttackersWeapon = static_cast<NPC*>(m_pUnit)->GetPrimaryWeaponProto();
    	}
    
    	/*
    		Perform distance checks based on client data (saves unnecessary server-side calculations when they're too stupid to fake the packet data)
    	*/
    	if (sClientDistance > 0)
    	{
    		// If the attacker has an item equipped and the distance between the attacker and victim is too great, buh-bye!
    		if (pAttackersWeapon != NULL && sClientDistance > pAttackersWeapon->Range)
    			return;
    		// If the attacker has no item equipped and the distance between the attacker and victim is too great, buh-bye!
    		else if (pAttackersWeapon == NULL && (sClientDistance / 10.0f) > DIST_MELEE)
    			return;
    	}
    
    	/*
    		Now we'll perform distance checks based on server data
    	*/
    	// Melee attack? They'll need to be close to the user before they can attack. 
    	if (pAttackersWeapon == NULL && !m_pUnit->isInRange(DIST_MELEE, pTarget))
    		return;
    	// Exact range probably depends on the weapon used (bow, longbow/crossbow, sword, dagger, etc).. so go by the weapon's range.
    	else if (pAttackersWeapon != NULL && !m_pUnit->isInRange(pAttackersWeapon->Range / 10.0f, pTarget))
    		return;
    
    	/*
    		Perform delay checks based on client data (saves unnecessary server-side calculations)
    	*/
    	if (sClientDelay > 0)
    	{
    		// If there's no item equipped, assume a standard R-attack delay
    		if (pAttackersWeapon == NULL && sClientDelay < 100)
    			return;
    		// Otherwise, compare the client delay against the weapon.
    		else if (pAttackersWeapon != NULL && sClientDelay < pAttackersWeapon->Delay)
    			return;
    	}
    
    	/*
    		Now we'll perform delay checks based on server data
    	*/
    	// Standard R-attack delay.
    	if (pAttackersWeapon == NULL && (curTime - GetLastAttackTime() + GetLatency()) < 100)
    		return;
    	else if (pAttackersWeapon != NULL && (curTime - GetLastAttackTime() + GetLatency()) < pAttackersWeapon->Delay)
    		return;
    
    	// Update the last attack time.
    	SetLastAttackTime(curTime);
    
    	// Get damage dealt to target.
    	sDamage = CalculateDamage(pTarget);
    
    	// Check if we've done damage.
    	if (sDamage > 0)
    	{
    		// Trigger their attacked event.
    		pTarget->GetAIInterface()->OnDamage(m_pUnit, sDamage);
    
    		// Did we kill the user?
    		if (pTarget->isDead())
    		{
    			bResult = ATTACK_DEAD;
    		}
    	}
    
    	// Construct the packet
    	result << bType;
    	result << bResult;
    	result << m_pUnit->GetID() << pTarget->GetID();
    
    	// Send it!
    	m_pUnit->GetRegion()->Send(&result);
    }
    Well that certainly looks like theory to me. That being the first draft of the regular attack delays/distance checks crap.

    Was the above really so difficult? No. Is code I've already written & mostly worked on already theory? No. Are you speculating and making assumptions? Completely.

    I'll let you take your own advice - instead of trying to constantly attack me for things you know nothing about, just sit back, watch and wait. I'm not trying to brag, just explain. I didn't create this thread, but now that it is I feel I need to let people know what's going on and why they *should* look into it.
    Last edited by twostars; 08-28-2010 at 05:57 PM.

  13. #28
    TheRealHipatos
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Where'd you get your '10%' figure from then? It was made up.

    Explain it in theory?
    Code:
    void AIInterface::OnAttack(uint8 bType, uint8 bResult, Unit *pTarget, int16 sClientDelay /*= 0*/, short sClientDistance /*= 0*/)
    {
    	WorldPacket result(MSG_ATTACK);
    	ItemPrototype *pAttackersWeapon = NULL;
    	uint32 curTime = getMSTime();
    	uint16 sDamage = 0;
    
    	// If we're dead, or the target is dead or we're not even in the same zone, let's not bother them shall we?
    	if (m_pUnit->isDead() || pTarget->isDead()
    		|| m_pUnit->GetZoneID() != pTarget->GetZoneID())
    		return;
    
    	// If they're a player, our nations are the same and the zone isn't the Arena (temporary hacky check, just so long as it's there for now!)
    	if (pTarget->isPlayer() && pTarget->GetNation() == m_pUnit->GetNation() && pTarget->GetZoneID() != ARENA)
    		return;
    	// If they're an NPC and our nations are the same...
    	else if (pTarget->isNPC() && pTarget->GetNation() == m_pUnit->GetNation())
    		return;
    	
    	// Get the weapon used to attack the target, if any.
    	if (m_pUnit->isPlayer())
    	{
    		Player *pAttacker = static_cast<Player*>(m_pUnit);
    		Item *pItemWeapon = pAttacker->GetInventory()->GetItem(RIGHTHAND);
    
    		if (pItemWeapon == NULL)
    			pAttackersWeapon = NULL;
    		else
    			pAttackersWeapon = (pItemWeapon->isBroken() ? NULL : pItemWeapon->GetProto());
    	}
    	else
    	{
    		pAttackersWeapon = static_cast<NPC*>(m_pUnit)->GetPrimaryWeaponProto();
    	}
    
    	/*
    		Perform distance checks based on client data (saves unnecessary server-side calculations when they're too stupid to fake the packet data)
    	*/
    	if (sClientDistance > 0)
    	{
    		// If the attacker has an item equipped and the distance between the attacker and victim is too great, buh-bye!
    		if (pAttackersWeapon != NULL && sClientDistance > pAttackersWeapon->Range)
    			return;
    		// If the attacker has no item equipped and the distance between the attacker and victim is too great, buh-bye!
    		else if (pAttackersWeapon == NULL && (sClientDistance / 10) > DIST_MELEE)
    			return;
    	}
    
    	/*
    		Now we'll perform distance checks based on server data
    	*/
    	// Melee attack? They'll need to be close to the user before they can attack. 
    	if (pAttackersWeapon == NULL && !m_pUnit->isInRange(DIST_MELEE, pTarget))
    		return;
    	// Exact range probably depends on the weapon used (bow, longbow/crossbow, sword, dagger, etc).. so go by the weapon's range.
    	else if (pAttackersWeapon != NULL && !m_pUnit->isInRange(pAttackersWeapon->Range / 10.0f, pTarget))
    		return;
    
    	/*
    		Perform delay checks based on client data (saves unnecessary server-side calculations)
    	*/
    	if (sClientDelay > 0)
    	{
    		// If there's no item equipped, assume a standard R-attack delay
    		if (pAttackersWeapon == NULL && sClientDelay < 100)
    			return;
    		// Otherwise, compare the client delay against the weapon.
    		else if (pAttackersWeapon != NULL && sClientDelay < pAttackersWeapon->Delay)
    			return;
    	}
    
    	/*
    		Now we'll perform delay checks based on server data
    	*/
    	// Standard R-attack delay.
    	if (pAttackersWeapon == NULL && (curTime - GetLastAttackTime() + GetLatency()) < 100)
    		return;
    	else if (pAttackersWeapon != NULL && (curTime - GetLastAttackTime() + GetLatency()) < pAttackersWeapon->Delay)
    		return;
    
    	// Update the last attack time.
    	SetLastAttackTime(curTime);
    
    	// Get damage dealt to target.
    	sDamage = CalculateDamage(pTarget);
    
    	// Check if we've done damage.
    	if (sDamage > 0)
    	{
    		// Trigger their attacked event.
    		pTarget->GetAIInterface()->OnDamage(m_pUnit, sDamage);
    
    		// Did we kill the user?
    		if (pTarget->isDead())
    		{
    			bResult = ATTACK_DEAD;
    		}
    	}
    
    	// Construct the packet
    	result << bType;
    	result << bResult;
    	result << m_pUnit->GetID() << pTarget->GetID();
    
    	// Send it!
    	m_pUnit->GetRegion()->Send(&result);
    }
    Well that certainly looks like theory to me. That being the first draft of the regular attack delays/distance checks crap.

    Was the above really so difficult? No. Is code I've already written & mostly worked on already theory? No. Are you speculating and making assumptions? Completely.

    I'll let you take your own advice - instead of trying to constantly attack me for things you know nothing about, just sit back, watch and wait. I'm not trying to brag, just explain. I didn't create this thread, but now that it is I feel I need to let people know what's going on and why they *should* look into it.
    The 10% is a lucky guess, and I'm probably not very far from the correct number, even though you claim it to be at 90% of finishing the project (which I highly doubt is true).
    Putting a server side check on weapons and skills is another thing than making fixing the wall hack server side. This is because there are no packets or any data you, the amateur developer, can rely on to copy from (and I highly doubt you've got the skills to write one on your own).
    But for now, I'm just letting you be in vain, the bigger they (feel they) are, the harder they fall.

  14. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Wow. You really are an ignorant retard.

    You tell me how much of an amateur developer I am, if crap's not fixed on USKO it surely won't be fixed here, you tell me how much lack-of-work on this project I've done, I give you a code sample of the attack system with simple distance & delay checks proving that USKO aren't as awesome as you make them out to be.

    You would seriously think I write the attack system first? 10%, really? I've put a lot of effort into this and again, you're bashing with no factual evidence to support your claims - only "lucky guesses"?

    Putting a server side check on weapons and skills is another thing than making fixing the wall hack server side. This is because there are no packets or any data you, the amateur developer, can rely on to copy from (and I highly doubt you've got the skills to write one on your own).
    Wrong, and I've stated this before.

    We have the player's position. We have the newer client files and their map files. We have the old (client) source to refer to for working out the general structure of the map files. The client even has its own damn collision.
    Hell, the SMDs even support their own collision detection. I'd use them if they weren't unreliable -- we don't have newer SMDs, just client map files. Obvious choice is obvious.

    You're constantly making all sorts of assumptions and basing your reasoning on them; try facts for once.

    I asked you kindly previously, but you can leave this thread now or l will just report you to a moderator; you don't need to be in this thread. You don't need to be bashing without evidence.

  15. #30
    []D [] []V[] []D Senior Member T_rey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    791

    Default

    Hipatos, I dont know you, and I know you must be butt hurt by twostars in some way (I also don't know twostars thats just what it seems in my opinionated view) by the way you keep typing about nothing that really matters when you take all the big overused words away.

    However, I don't see how anyone who finds joy in running around a private server day after day getting banned day after day for r hacking yet still coming back just to repeat the process to "point out that r hack worked" I guess, really has any right what so ever to feel like your opinion matters on a Ko forum.. So keep your personal vendetta with twostars to yourself, and worry about it at a later date.

    I honestly have faith in both Jonny and Twostars with this server. Any server you play now is mostly only up and running because twostars helped in some way. Many are using files/programs that he and or Jonny created/had at some point. Both just seem like to great people to start a server.

    I just made this topic to tell people how "cool" the server will be, and start sparking an interest in their minds. Imagine it, a server with working BDW (Border Defense Wars), all skills server sided so you could actually see who was what. To me it just seems great, and I guarantee it will be well ran and maintained, while keeping the community updated the whole time.

    Much love and I hope to see ya there xD

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. Hits: 1
    05-01-2012, 07:41 PM
  2. Hits: 439
    04-27-2012, 09:59 AM
  3. Hits: 1
    10-01-2010, 06:06 PM
  4. Hits: 1
    10-01-2010, 05:49 PM
  5. Hits: 2
    10-01-2010, 05:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •