Page 269 of 280 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 4186
Like Tree786Likes

ProfessionalKO | Lv. 72 USKO 1298/1453 Farm-PK | OFFICIAL: 15.12.2023 at 22:00 UTC+3

This is a discussion on ProfessionalKO | Lv. 72 USKO 1298/1453 Farm-PK | OFFICIAL: 15.12.2023 at 22:00 UTC+3 within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Very opinionated,self-centered response indeed. Instead of fixating so much on my server and what we consider an innovation, focus on ...
Page: 269

Very opinionated,self-centered response indeed.

Instead of fixating so much on my server and what we consider an innovation, focus on your own server and the development.

This isn't a race and we aren't kids anymore to stroke each other's e-penis at 25 year old MMORPG. We are well into our 30's, keep it civil
    You do you,and we'll do us.

Cheers

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SexyLittleAnimal View Post
    Very opinionated,self-centered response indeed.

Instead of fixating so much on my server and what we consider an innovation, focus on your own server and the development.

This isn't a race and we aren't kids anymore to stroke each other's e-penis at 25 year old MMORPG. We are well into our 30's, keep it civil
    You do you,and we'll do us.

Cheers
    oops, looks like I struck a nerve

I replied to a question that was asked of me and said how things are.
    it appears that you are the one who is fixated on me/professionalko, given that you went to the trouble of replying to me in this manner

Not really, you're the one worrying about my staff salaries and discussing my server innovations, I appriciate the recognition from it, thank you, I'll keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by SexyLittleAnimal View Post
    You're the one discussing my server publically and worrying about my employee's salaries
    I would ask you to stop making assumptions, I do not worry about your employee's salaries.

I simply answered on;

1) why I would never work with your brother
    2) why we released the same things at the same time

here, read it again:

Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Decerto View Post
    are you and sheldon working together on these ? cause seems like you two release the same things at the same time.
    nope, I don't work with SheldonCooper, and besides I doubt he pays his developers what they really deserve

however, tbh, I would have never added any of these (except from the short and long capes extension, but this is pretty much how the official KO already handles these) ...
    as they're far from being perfect (like, we cannot make the chat and info boxes resizable yet... and the long capes' mesh & animation are so wonky) but
    considering that the players are using random mods from random servers (and sites), which, other than being incomplete and messy,
    it's also risky for people who blindly copy-paste/extract things... then it's better to have these optional I guess.

so, my point is that none of these are innovations (char's name is obviously a troll xD) and only takes a few hours for the devs (no matter how experienced they are) to get them done,
    and in fact I even showed how they're supposed to look/work (not saying that ours are perfect, but, nowhere close to these monstrosities),
    for example why not to display both short and long capes in the shop's cape-preview area instead of leaving it up to the players to guess which type of cape is selected ?
    or letting players to delete the eslant's buff (just like the way all other buffs are already handled by mgame) ? or letting players to see their quests' status via character panel ?...
    but anyways, hopefully they're updated/fixed since, but like, I don't know how someone can pretend to care about their players when even the basics are not being done, lol.

idk, is there any ko player nowadays who would be excited about such changes? I would have been if it was done back in, like, 2013.
    but it's 2023 and there are tens of v24xx servers who offer the same and even more features than these, and they even function better.
    the only thing that I could call an innovation is to actually figure out how to get rid of the bot users.

like,

?? this is just silly XD

long story short, I'm just paying back in the same coin

Quote Originally Posted by ondycc View Post
    Any ETA for the new server launch? We're eagerly waiting though.
    sadly not. a lot of progress has been made in the last week but current server's state is a giant mess as we went through and upgraded all of our systems, which now gives us more power and flexibility to apply things, implement new features and even make changes on the fly.

but with great power comes great responsibility, and what I mean by that is that we already came across with 7 server crash issues (v1298, yay!) which, well, are now fixed in our server..
    but this is probably the first time after years where we will have to run a test (BETA) phase [nothing will be deleted from current server, so those of you still playing, don't worry, your chars and items are safe! backups are frequent too so we're safe on that part].

we will first start checking everything on our own for about a week and then we plan to release a new client..
    and this is where your role becomes important, and you will be asked (if you want to support and care about professionalko's future) to contribute in testing anything in-game and report any remaining issues that may occur.

1. "I do not worry about your employee's salaries. - "and besides I doubt he pays his developers what they really deserve" lol?
    2. "why I would never work with your brother" - anyone see in nickos whole story any answer about this? or I am stupid?
    3. "why we released the same things at the same time" - because somone copy something from you and you copy something from someone it's simple.
    4. "Innovation" - you can call innovation, function, addon it's no matter which word you will use for it. It's just "new addon that noone had before on SOACS files" or "that's new addon on specifics server for specific community that plays on ko-myko so it's INNOVATION on this server cuz they didint have it before". I see no reason to make fun of it here.
    5. Your whole story is really weird.
    6. There is free SOACS source that you can download on snoxd discord. Many ppl use it. Everyone have access to it if you want to have 100% yours write panel, source files from 0 and you will be free from being mad on "stealers". If you will keep use the same files that everyone have access it will never stop and there are 2 ways just accept this or keep being mad

I would ask you to stop making assumptions, I do not worry about your employee's salaries.

I simply answered on;

1) why I would never work with your brother
    2) why we released the same things at the same time

here, read it again:
    nope, I don't work with SheldonCooper, and besides I doubt he pays his developers what they really deserve
    however, tbh, I would have never added any of these (except from the short and long capes extension, but this is pretty much how the official KO already handles these) ...
    as they're far from being perfect (like, we cannot make the chat and info boxes resizable yet... and the long capes' mesh & animation are so wonky) but
    considering that the players are using random mods from random servers (and sites), which, other than being incomplete and messy,
    it's also risky for people who blindly copy-paste/extract things... then it's better to have these optional I guess.

so, my point is that none of these are innovations (char's name is obviously a troll xD) and only takes a few hours for the devs (no matter how experienced they are) to get them done,
    and in fact I even showed how they're supposed to look/work (not saying that ours are perfect, but, nowhere close to these monstrosities),
    for example why not to display both short and long capes in the shop's cape-preview area instead of leaving it up to the players to guess which type of cape is selected ?
    or letting players to delete the eslant's buff (just like the way all other buffs are already handled by mgame) ? or letting players to see their quests' status via character panel ?...
    but anyways, hopefully they're updated/fixed since, but like, I don't know how someone can pretend to care about their players when even the basics are not being done, lol.

idk, is there any ko player nowadays who would be excited about such changes? I would have been if it was done back in, like, 2013.
    but it's 2023 and there are tens of v24xx servers who offer the same and even more features than these, and they even function better.
    the only thing that I could call an innovation is to actually figure out how to get rid of the bot users.

like,

?? this is just silly XD

long story short, I'm just paying back in the same coin

sadly not. a lot of progress has been made in the last week but current server's state is a giant mess as we went through and upgraded all of our systems, which now gives us more power and flexibility to apply things, implement new features and even make changes on the fly.
    but with great power comes great responsibility, and what I mean by that is that we already came across with 7 server crash issues (v1298, yay!) which, well, are now fixed in our server..
    but this is probably the first time after years where we will have to run a test (BETA) phase [nothing will be deleted from current server, so those of you still playing, don't worry, your chars and items are safe! backups are frequent too so we're safe on that part].

we will first start checking everything on our own for about a week and then we plan to release a new client..
    and this is where your role becomes important, and you will be asked (if you want to support and care about professionalko's future) to contribute in testing anything in-game and report any remaining issues that may occur.
    Last edited by siwyswirus; 04-04-2023 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by siwyswirus View Post
    1. "I do not worry about your employee's salaries." - and besides I doubt he pays his developers what they really deserve" lol?
    2. "why I would never work with your brother" - anyone see in nickos whole story any answer about this? or I am stupid?
    3. "why we released the same things at the same time" - because somone copy something from you and you copy something from someone it's simple.
    4. "Innovation" - you can call innovation, function, addos it's no matter which word you will use for it. It's just "new addon that noone had before on SOACS files" or "that's new addon on specifics server for specific community that plays on ko-myko so it's INNOVATION on this server cuz they didint have it before"
    5. Your whole story is really weird.
    okay, I had no intentions to get into details about this publicly, and I don't know why you personally care about it, but, let's get facts straight:

1 & 2. the two main reasons for me not to work with him;

a) his developers (arda, taner and whoelse) copying files that I or my GFX designers created either from scratch or modified/downgraded from higher versions.
    this is nothing new though, they're doing this for a couple of years already, but I don't recall any drama about this, and I haven't mentioned it publicly.
    fun fact that Flash once told me (regarding the flag object): "do you want me to swap the skin to something else?" and my respond was "would be nice"
    so someone would have expected that they would change it, just like I once did with the itemicon of God's Wings (which, to my surprise, wasn't the official itemicon so I had it changed) but to this day it's still the same
    and arda ended up paying me a paltry sum of 20 TL, or something around it, for it lol.

b) the couple of times I helped them with their issues, the price I was paid with was low.

3. partially correct and hence why they've possibly gotten upset with me now
    but my whole point was to show them their flaws for which I wasted about an hour of my life to record, but if this somehow forced them to fix their issues then it was worth it
    it's win/win for the players in any case.

4. apparently you don't know what innovation means, lol. just because they didn't have something before and they added it now.. doesn't make it an innovation. new feature ? yes , fancy ? maybe , useful ? could be
    here, take a look on what an innovation is : https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/trade-...factions/51994

5. ?? ok I guess xD
    but if you still didn't understand, I'm just responding in kind.

Personally I have nothing with this but what you wrote was just kind of "provocation" basically without any explanation.
    4. maybe yes. but in the way that they called it, for them it's the same innovation = addon = new feature for sure so why laugh at it?.
    Also I think you cant copy their party bar "innovation" in "few hours" like you said..
    okay, I had no intentions to get into details about this publicly, and I don't know why you personally care about it, but, let's get facts straight:.
    1 & 2. the two main reasons for me not to work with him;.
    a) his developers (arda, taner and whoelse) copying files that I or my GFX designers created either from scratch or modified/downgraded from higher versions..
    this is nothing new though, they're doing this for a couple of years already, but I don't recall any drama about this, and I haven't mentioned it publicly..
    fun fact that Flash once told me (regarding the flag object): "do you want me to swap the skin to something else?" and my respond was "would be nice" .
    so someone would have expected that they would change it, just like I once did with the itemicon of God's Wings (which, to my surprise, wasn't the official itemicon so I had it changed) but to this day it's still the same .
    and arda ended up paying me a paltry sum of 20 TL, or something around it, for it lol..
    b) the couple of times I helped them with their issues, the price I was paid with was low..
    3. partially correct and hence why they've possibly gotten upset with me now .
    but my whole point was to show them their flaws for which I wasted about an hour of my life to record, but if this somehow forced them to fix their issues then it was worth it.
    it's win/win for the players in any case..
    4. apparently you don't know what innovation means, lol. just because they didn't have something before and they added it now.. doesn't make it an innovation. new feature ? yes , fancy ? maybe , useful ? could be.
    here, take a look on what an innovation is : https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/trade-...factions/51994.
    5. ?? ok I guess xD.
    but if you still didn't understand, I'm just responding in kind.
    Last edited by siwyswirus; 04-05-2023 at 07:40 AM.

Personally I have nothing with this but what you wrote was just kind of "provocation" basically without any explanation.
    well, glad it's all clear and understandable now.

Also I think you cant copy their party bar "innovation" in "few hours" like you said...
    hmm ? we did this 7 months ago though, it's in the video with the AoE range lock, but it's not an innovation for us apparently so not worth mentioning.

hmm ? we did this 7 months ago though, it's in the video with the AoE range lock, but it's not an innovation for us apparently so not worth mentioning.
    Probably you "did" something that didn't work since we can't see it in game.

Probably you "did" something that didn't work since we can't see it in game.
    who cares if you believe it or not, lol.
    you can log in and spy on whatever you like once we release the new client

who cares if you believe it or not, lol.
    you can log in and spy on whatever you like once we release the new client
    lol? it's not about believe or not. You showed me video ok I can see function on video but it's not realised in game, right? so something went wrong.

Simpy example about coping in the past:
    kom-myko date: 07.08

profko date 09.09

lol? it's not about believe or not. You showed me video ok I can see function on video but it's not realised in game, right? so something went wrong.

Simpy example about coping in the past:
    kom-myko date: 07.08
    profko date 09.09
    as I mentioned above, these are just some fun troll videos to show that these things are not innovative and hence of no importance, but they also have flaws.
    I don't know why you're making such a big deal out of it, but it makes me realize that you didn't understand anything that was discussed earlier.
    perhaps your english is poor (don't be offended, mine isn't that much better) but on the other hand Flash is an english teacher if I'm not mistaken, so he probably knows what that word means. :P

however, I don't know what you're trying to prove ? we've applied more interesting features in the past like the target name system(F11), hidden names/symbols etc in bifrost and events, custom slow/stun rates control, .warn cmd for bdw/jm, .tpon/.tpoff,
    clan message of the day, capture the flag, capture the castle, xp/noah jackpot, monster stones, ingot/ore melt/craft quest, exceptional weapons craft quest, blue shard (lucky drop in PK) system, IP restrictions, clan np bonus,
    FT registration shuffling, multiclient limit, clan leader underline visibility range, automatic lottery and kill the gm systems ... and the list goes on and on (the list gets really long but, you get the point I guess) with features that were later on seen in other v1298 servers.

but no big deal, nobody cares if you or anybody else "copied" these. because either a) you spent your own time to get things done or b) you paid somebody else to get things done for you.
    I only spoke about files that we either created or downgraded which have been copied, and not the features. So I would suggest you to pay more attention while reading.
    also, at the end of the day, the players jump between servers so they know who's loyal and who puts effort into improving the game
    UltimatePvP likes this.

nickos please reopen new server

Yes nikos, we have been waiting for too long

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 7
    06-04-2022, 07:39 AM
  2. Hits: 1
    01-27-2017, 05:04 PM
  3. Hits: 8
    08-23-2016, 07:14 PM
  4. Hits: 3