Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Archer as a playable class?

This is a discussion on Archer as a playable class? within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by neTworK Since when sins can't hp pot? High placed damage > well placed styx... Every heal cancelation ...
Page: 2

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by neTworK View Post
    Since when sins can't hp pot?
    High placed damage > well placed styx...
    Every heal cancelation = styx

so yeah archers are godly but why no one wants to play?

you are a real big idiot sry

Quote Originally Posted by Zingery View Post
    and I guess you dont have any experiance as a party archer either.
    the only ppl complaining about archer dmg are the "solo" archers.
    Lets end this rolling around thing. Simple answer me:

Why Archers always was less populated when any other class in game?

In other games archers are really popular class.

Proud Retired KO-Maniac Senior Member

I have explained myself in an earlier post.

Greetz

You tell us, why were they so unpopulated?

Zingery already answered you :

- It requires a good brain and skills.
    - It requires a nice bow aswell ( I think so....).

And some more stuffs which you should understand by your own.

Anyways, I am not playing as an archer since I love more action as a SIN, and because I find it out as a bit "boring" class, BUT, either warrior, I wont play warrior since I don't like it aswell...every person has his own choice to love what ever he wants so cut the shits off, just a /spamm topic which should be closed as fast as a MOD will see it

And remember, people are goin' as SINs since they have their DRAINs ( 10% + 5% HP of the enemies ), and in bowl scouting,esland bosses all the sins/clans need it =D
    So commo'n , think with your brain a little bit.

-Greetz.

Quote Originally Posted by Greetz View Post
    Rofl, what about ArrowShower ?

Getting near a priest who heals his party and arrowshowering him? he's obviously DEAD!

Also VSing with an arrow-shower.... commo'n rofl.

Either : Shadow Hunter / Dark Pursuer skills are really strong.

To be honest ? I rather will take a known archer ( who is known as a nice rogue from parties I played with him or somthing...) then some unknown sin.

As Aristona said, it is ALL about the corrently situations!

So ye, Archer is pretty much a strong class, and of course if an archer is goin' to kill HQ/SQ/DM or what ever, we already know who will kill it first ( archer/sin, of course archer rofl ) !

Cheers,

-Greetz =D
    aga KOXP? sorry I'm quit arguing with you guys its really pointless. So in conclusion archer is a good class but none of you and rest of community going to play it.

Greetz

aga KOXP? sorry I'm quit arguing with you guys its really pointless. So in conclusion archer is a good class but none of you and rest of community going to play it.
    How come? I personally saw around 8 archers and they are pretty good geared in the beta lol....

And nah, I am not goin' to play it yet, but who knows...maybe later

-Greetz.

Rayen

in order for archers to be viable they need to implement combo and maybe increasing the damage of pursuer's by 50 % just like in rofd, if they do so im so gonna roll one when the server goes live, else its just pretty pointless

~gunbuster, the only archer currently playing beta

Quote Originally Posted by Greetz View Post
    You tell us, why were they so unpopulated?

Zingery already answered you :

- It requires a good brain and skills.
    - It requires a nice bow aswell ( I think so....).

And some more stuffs which you should understand by your own.

Anyways, I am not playing as an archer since I love more action as a SIN, and because I find it out as a bit "boring" class, BUT, either warrior, I wont play warrior since I don't like it aswell...every person has his own choice to love what ever he wants so cut the shits off, just a /spamm topic which should be closed as fast as a MOD will see it

And remember, people are goin' as SINs since they have their DRAINs ( 10% + 5% HP of the enemies ), and in bowl scouting,esland bosses all the sins/clans need it =D
    So commo'n , think with your brain a little bit.

-Greetz.
    It isn't "borring" class.. I think you don't knew that shards was the last daggers back to the ko/ke, iron bow wasn't. Were had to be 4 better bows than iron bow they were called battle bow, siege bow, long bow, totamic bow. So compare sin with sword breakers against archer with iron bow. Don't know why mgame decided to not add those bows in game.

i could go on and say alot shit here and what i think when ppl like u cry about small things.. i played archer in usko and i liked it ALOT and imo i did good and i wasnt ''weak''. (ROFD time archer not FF archer meaning no combo)
    thing about archers is that alot ppl will tank and kill ppl with melee hits rather than shoot from far away and not be able to tank as much, but its not like archer as a class would suck.. After archer combo came out and i experienced it in private servers i found out how strong archers became and how fuked up it was.. i tried archer too and i kinda liked to be strong but i still preferred the old style archer without the faggy combo where u spam 1k dmg every friggin second. Ofc this is just my opinion but when u think about it.. Mages die easy every1 know that, but when u make 7 mage 1 priest party u notice they can kill +30 ppl in couple seconds, same goes with archers, if you make a party with 1-2 duffer and 6-7 archers.. every1 coming near u is screwed.

Also i have to point out that warriors are better in party pk too beacuse they cannot cure or anything so archers could pwn solo more than warriors beacuse they run fast, shoot from far, make okay dmg, and are able to cure even tho they'd get duff, besides.. if youre good archer you can do just as good as some other class player in pk.(believe me.. i know)

examples:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgADkjufN0M]YouTube - aligator "Vicious Arrow" Archer PK[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8amIWdAREc]YouTube - Onfire85 Knight Online PK Part 1[/ame] part 1
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR8yNd1gBzE]YouTube - Onfire85 Knight Online PK Part 2[/ame] part 2

Movies you posted it's like a hollywod. Most the kills was made on duffed or either unscrolled players. Everyone should know that "Rogue" is the most capable solo char.

Rogue -> Sin/Archer in KO

Don't know why people thinks that archer should to be as it is now. "Party Char"

Straight fact there had to be 4 better bows than iron bow. If I remember correctly the last bow +2 it was totamic had more ap than iron bow +8.

Other fact that shards was the best daggers sin could have otherwise other chars couldn't have the best ones but they wasn't punished like archers cuz iron bow was middle bow like a sword breakers for a sin.

Hey cutie Senior Member

reason being is that an assasin is a better solo class with spike. There is no archer skill that can do as much dmg as spike. Another advanatge of sin is that they can minor heal and attack, whereas archers cant minor and attack, they have to hp pot. Only time they can minor is in between skills.
    Another reason for why its not played as much is because of the taboo of koxp, that when anyone see's a archer they immediately assume hes a koxper. And there have been alot of legit archers banned under the presumption of koxping, including me.
    ANOTHER reason is because people select rogue so they can solo pk at times, and archer cant. Archer is a party player. A good archer will be running around styxing the priests to disable their healling and bringing their party to a stop, a good archer will be running around healiing and curing his mages, priests or warriors.
    The styx skill is so awesome on a archer though, reallllly awesome!
    But all those things above except styx is what a GOOD assasin should be doing anyways. Attacking priest, curing party members and healing them. Warriors were made to tank, let them do the tanking, while us sins attack from behind hitting the mages in the far back and also reliveing the burden of priests.

Straight fact there had to be 4 better bows than iron bow. If I remember correctly the last bow +2 it was totamic had more ap than iron bow +8
    there is a reason why they are removed... Totemic Bow was fuckin badass

As for Sin vs Archer, Sin is better while doing SOLO, while archer is (if he's played well) better in a party

Quote Originally Posted by crackurbak View Post
    reason being is that an assasin is a better solo class with spike. There is no archer skill that can do as much dmg as spike. Another advanatge of sin is that they can minor heal and attack, whereas archers cant minor and attack, they have to hp pot. Only time they can minor is in between skills.
    Another reason for why its not played as much is because of the taboo of koxp, that when anyone see's a archer they immediately assume hes a koxper. And there have been alot of legit archers banned under the presumption of koxping, including me.
    ANOTHER reason is because people select rogue so they can solo pk at times, and archer cant. Archer is a party player. A good archer will be running around styxing the priests to disable their healling and bringing their party to a stop, a good archer will be running around healiing and curing his mages, priests or warriors.
    The styx skill is so awesome on a archer though, reallllly awesome!
    But all those things above except styx is what a GOOD assasin should be doing anyways. Attacking priest, curing party members and healing them. Warriors were made to tank, let them do the tanking, while us sins attack from behind hitting the mages in the far back and also reliveing the burden of priests.
    At least someone made a sense. Styx is really cool skill I would compare it with stealth for a sin. So yea all I'm asking balance the other disadvantages.

Greetz

Lol, you're thinking just as a kiddo , that's all I can say.

You think that the most important thing in KO are the ITEMs.

so NO, delete it from your brain lol.....

Skills > Items, archer can be a good one rogue , perhaps he has no items, but if he knows how to play so he'll roll ( if he's good in this job ) , same as all.

If a guy plays on a warrior and he has no idea how to combo, so he will die from a rogue with chitin set +6, mds +6 , even if the warrior has shells +7/8 and raptor +7 ...

This game is about the skills mostly, ofc you should have some normal/decent gear like all do, and you should gear your self by your own way as all do it.

So stop complainning, archers are strong enough with their Dark/Hunter (60/70) arrows and especially Arrow-Shower / Styx.

That's all I have to say...

-Greetz.

Quote Originally Posted by cizia View Post
    there is a reason why they are removed... Totemic Bow was fuckin badass

As for Sin vs Archer, Sin is better while doing SOLO, while archer is (if he's played well) better in a party
    Lets compare Totamic with Dragon Slayer yeah, but where is battle, siege, long bows? its my point

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast