Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Contest

This is a discussion on Contest within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Nah, everything is going good for me. I was lucky to catch it at an earlier stage before it took ...
Page: 4

Oldschool wanabe Senior Member gramps's Avatar

Nah, everything is going good for me. I was lucky to catch it at an earlier stage before it took control of most of my body. I have to get chemotherapy 4x a week for the next 2 years which is tiring but thats life

R.I.P Impulsive Senior Member jaspreet's Avatar

well it's not much but i helped my buddy Antacid on vent help get over his cancer, because he would be constantly sad and scared that he would not survive. I gave him a little hope and told him not to worry and everything would be fine.

Funny how peopel open their mounth without knowing wtf they talk about ey.
    Nothing new I guess

Trojanelf

It's hard to say what impact your actions have on someone else's life, especially when you only know them for the moment and don't get to see what big changes a small act of kindness might work on their lives in the long-term.

So, out of all the results I know so far, the best thing I've done has been talking someone out of suicide. It was a fellow I knew from a group of bulletin board friends. She was prone to depression and apparently had some serious issues, although I didn't know her well enough to know the details. One day I got a "goodbye, you were the only person who was nice to me" email, and immediately logged onto chat.

She wasn't online, so I was alarmed. Then, after a few minutes, she logged on and said she had got his grandfather's shotgun and was going to do it. I know they say the ones who talk about it are the ones who don't end up doing it, but I think she was serious. I think she was a girl who had up and down moods, and when she was in the down moods she'd do anything. I think she'd just logged on hoping to find a reason to stick with life.

I didn't have anything clever to say. I mostly told him that God didn't hate her (she had some issues about that) and that his life was valuable. I think the most important thing was being there, showing some sympathy, and displaying a rather marked objection to his death. I tried not to emphasize my personal caring about him on account of not giving him mixed signals, which can be tricky with a emotionally unstable person of the opposite sex.

Anyway, he didn't kill himself. But then she did develop a bit of an obsession with me afterwards. Which was bad, and made me wonder if that was such a good thing after all. But now I think it was, because she got over it, and she's young, and she can learn from those mistakes and have a better future, which she couldn't if she was dead.

Maybe that's too ambivalent, but in general, what comes to mind are those times when I've just tossed out my schedule and given some precious hours to a friend with depression or cancer or any other deep need for cheer and company and human voices.[/b]
    I don't really understand your story because in the beginning the suicidal person is a her,then a him and again he turns into a her O.o

Banned

It's hard to say what impact your actions have on someone else's life, especially when you only know them for the moment and don't get to see what big changes a small act of kindness might work on their lives in the long-term.

So, out of all the results I know so far, the best thing I've done has been talking someone out of suicide. It was a fellow I knew from a group of bulletin board friends. She was prone to depression and apparently had some serious issues, although I didn't know her well enough to know the details. One day I got a "goodbye, you were the only person who was nice to me" email, and immediately logged onto chat.

She wasn't online, so I was alarmed. Then, after a few minutes, she logged on and said she had got his grandfather's shotgun and was going to do it. I know they say the ones who talk about it are the ones who don't end up doing it, but I think she was serious. I think she was a girl who had up and down moods, and when she was in the down moods she'd do anything. I think she'd just logged on hoping to find a reason to stick with life.

I didn't have anything clever to say. I mostly told him that God didn't hate her (she had some issues about that) and that his life was valuable. I think the most important thing was being there, showing some sympathy, and displaying a rather marked objection to his death. I tried not to emphasize my personal caring about him on account of not giving him mixed signals, which can be tricky with a emotionally unstable person of the opposite sex.

Anyway, he didn't kill himself. But then she did develop a bit of an obsession with me afterwards. Which was bad, and made me wonder if that was such a good thing after all. But now I think it was, because she got over it, and she's young, and she can learn from those mistakes and have a better future, which she couldn't if she was dead.

Maybe that's too ambivalent, but in general, what comes to mind are those times when I've just tossed out my schedule and given some precious hours to a friend with depression or cancer or any other deep need for cheer and company and human voices.[/b]
    Didn't know people could change sex's within seconds? Makes it really hard to believe you

PriestOfShadows

Back in 7th grade I went to a trip called Mission To Mexico with my youth group. We went down there to build two houses. We had specific jobs to do and I painted and did the roof. I put the tar down then I nailed this material for the roof. I got second degree burns from it on my ears though because I was out at least 8 hours in 100+ degree weather w/out sunscreen on my ears. I also did a thing called Corazon with my lacrosse team. We went to a community center in Mexico and gave gifts from my high school to 15+ families. We also played with their kids and gave them dinner. I will see if I have any pictures of the trips.

That's probably because I stole the story...

R.I.P. Markis Senior Member zXFuryXz's Avatar

they change it from him to her 2 keep it confidential, they do it in those chicken soup books :lol:

Hey cutie Senior Member

Didn't know people could change sex's within seconds? Makes it really hard to believe you[/b]
    a typo dumass?

lil_mageskillz

Back in 7th grade I went to a trip called Mission To Mexico with my youth group. We went down there to build two houses. We had specific jobs to do and I painted and did the roof. I put the tar down then I nailed this material for the roof. I got second degree burns from it on my ears though because I was out at least 8 hours in 100+ degree weather w/out sunscreen on my ears. I also did a thing called Corazon with my lacrosse team. We went to a community center in Mexico and gave gifts from my high school to 15+ families. We also played with their kids and gave them dinner. I will see if I have any pictures of the trips.[/b]
    in 7th grade they made you build houses?

Banned

a typo dumass?[/b]
    typo like 10 times ...??? rightt

R.I.P. Markis Senior Member zXFuryXz's Avatar

they change it from him to her 2 keep it confidential, they do it in those chicken soup books :lol:[/b]

Trojanelf

Woah that's one hell of a wierd school u build houses in 7th grade :P

Global MyKo Senior Member Deadhealer's Avatar

Hello, this is a good topic to discuss.

What do i do in my real life to help others, i gues there is only 1 thing, when i came to America i had no English skills at all. Once i went to school i met some ppl that real waned to help others with their language, yes , so they helped me, some ppl that are in ko4life maby have been expierensed it and they know how it is.
    At this moment my English is almost fine, so right now in school I'm trying to help others that been in situation like me to help understand English.
    About Knight Online , i have never scammed anyone in my life , i know some ppl that realy trust me so do I, and i'm not known as a koxper or macroer.
    Why do i want this charachter, I want to play a class that i havent got chanse to paly in USKO, but I'm pretty good with it, scine i been playing some Private KO.

Sincerely

Ilya.K.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast