Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

How do Clan Banks work?

This is a discussion on How do Clan Banks work? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; orx: That's why it's good to first of all make the clan, meet the people and THEN introduce the bank ...
Page: 4

Glader

orx: That's why it's good to first of all make the clan, meet the people and THEN introduce the bank IF people want it that is. Our clan has been up and running for a year before we introduced it. And even then it was voted for. Only 2 people didn't want to be a part of the system (we kept it to farmed items at first), those 2 were Tyrannus_Emp and Priest_Bob. They bosshunted behind everyone's backs, kept drops, traded their clandrops for Bob's chitin shield and later left the clan with clan items.
    They're perfect examples of what can go wrong with the bank-system. Anyway, make sure that everyone wants the bank system and be patient. It may take some time but after a while you'll get the hang of it

orxlayer

Agreed on that actually. Its not a good idea to start off with a clan-bank.

you can't just randomly start a good clan..It takes time to build. My clan started off in myko 4+ years ago... and the core members have been sticking around since before K2. They know who they are.

Now its turning out more and more like a "mafia" system. We find out you've been hunting bosses and keeping it from us .. we will kick you from the clan..then put u in a "hit-list". Careful when you go to Cz :lol:.

We value something more than the leet items in my clan. We value the loyalty we have with eachother.

Originally posted by orxlayer
    We value something more than the leet items in my clan. We value the loyalty we have with eachother.
    Well said

idefix

if a clan has been up for 4 years, i think theres a bit different relationship within the members, compared to some other clan where ppl have been for 1-6 months... id gladly be in a clan where we've known eachother for 4 years :P

PUPPIE

Hmm nice topic...well we have kind of a nice thing, at least its working for us.
    We have a list of members

1.memberA
    2.memberB
    3.memberC
    4.memberD

Gonna say it simple, but if SQ drops an iron neck, the person on top of the list can take it, if he doesnt need it, he will stay on spot nr 1 and the nr 2 on the list can choose 2 take it or not ect ect...IF nr 1 takes the drop...he will "drop down the ladder" and nr 2 will be on top. That way we all know whos next for a drop, and it saves a lot of discussion. If you join clan you start at the bottom of the list (not right away tho). Some ppl have nice items already, so even if your on place 8 in the "ladder" the next drop might aswell be yours because all the others above you didnt wanna have it.

For clan cash...i dont like clancash, so we have a little just for changing cape or whatever. When we made some with castle siege we spend it all on scrolls...so free scrolls for clannies. Nice thing, but not if they decide to make it that scrolls cant b traded or sold :angry:
    Well that was simply it, but i think there will always b some discussions about items tho...but untill now that didnt happend 2 often..thank god..cause i HATE it

PUPPIE

you dont, belive me, thats asking for trouble :P
    all those discussions about WHO NEEDS IT THE MOST...bleh

nasality

haha yea u rite

scam-name change-nation change for it

idefix

personally, i think the system in WOW works great... DKP.

when ppl go to raids, ppl gain dkp (cant remember what dkp stands for, but some points anyways) and then the clan makes a list that (i.e. in ko) wud be shell piece / raptor / shard / elixir / MS costs 10 dkp, uniq accessory costs 30dkp - 60dkp, depends on how good it is, and something like that.. and then that killing talos gives 2.5 dkp, HQ 2dkp, SQ 2dkp, and the smaller bosses 1dkp or something each... participating in the killin i mean* draining, tanking or healing. becoz mages arent so useful for bosses, except LR for DF, there should be a few clan priests, bought by clan funds, or some clan member makes a clan priest and then gets payed some coins from clan bank, or items, or gains some dkp for it, or something liek that, there should be a 1920 healer, and some duffer in the clan, so that if theres no priests online, some mages / archers can log on the clan priest and so gain DKP for themselves, and help clan do the boss.

anyways, then if some1 has 100 dkp and other1 has 10 dkp, and theres a shell piece drop, and both of them want it, the one with more dkp can "buy" the shell piece with his dkp...

i think this is way better system than the clan leader deciding who to give the items to. also this way ppl who are active kiling bosses get the drops they need.

nasality

in my opinion there should be an special inn hostess in game and every clan member acces to check it..but only leader could put items on that special clan hostess..so there shouldnt be 20bil limit also..

PUPPIE

i agree that ppl must b active in killing bosses, that would be most fair, but not all bosses can b killed by all kind of chars, keep that in mind aswell.
    Its nice 2 kill a talos with a mage, but with bosses you have 2 b fast or get kssed...that means, mostly rogues, warriors and priests are active in bosses. A priest can go 2 the bowl alone but still can not kill anything...teamwork is tha magic word. But sometimes ppl need 2 b pushed a bit, and a nice drop would b nice after like 62452 bosses without a decent drop, good for motivation :rollseyes:

BattyBat

Originally posted by phantomlink
    I dont have one, we're all pretty much equipped already and clan banks cause alot of problems inside the clan
    clan banks dont cause problems where theres proper trust and friendship

Default Re: How do Clan Banks work?

Originally posted by NeedForSpeed+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NeedForSpeed)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-davaugha
    We do not currrently have a clan bank, but it sounds interesting. *Any tips would be nice.

Thx...
    Well lets say i was leaader of top clan
    i was doing that if u get drop sell it and spelt the money like dms:| because i lost allot of items because the clan bank example
    m clan was exping i came because was near and passed my lamthions and there is shaula i was killing it and then the leader invited me to party the party was near i pressed ok and shaula dead and got ss and the leader got it :| he said clan bank i said ok... thinked i will get somethink from that and nothngke..
    it's just a shit idea and a leader that doing it and dont share his members with it fucker!!!!!

why top clan because they get the best drops and leader getting with awasme quniqe[/b]

Clan bank only works in REAL CLANS, if people have been playing togetter for a long time and they live in the same country, maybe even in the same town then everybodys a clan leader, doesn't matter who has the green line. This way everybody knows what someone has and when the question arrives, who gets the item, everybody knows who will get it, no questions asked.

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by idefix
    personally, i think the system in WOW works great... DKP.

when ppl go to raids, ppl gain dkp (cant remember what dkp stands for, but some points anyways) and then the clan makes a list that (i.e. in ko) wud be shell piece / raptor / shard / elixir / MS costs 10 dkp, uniq accessory costs 30dkp - 60dkp, depends on how good it is, and something like that.. and then that killing talos gives 2.5 dkp, HQ 2dkp, SQ 2dkp, and the smaller bosses 1dkp or something each... participating in the killin i mean* draining, tanking or healing. becoz mages arent so useful for bosses, except LR for DF, there should be a few clan priests, bought by clan funds, or some clan member makes a clan priest and then gets payed some coins from clan bank, or items, or gains some dkp for it, or something liek that, there should be a 1920 healer, and some duffer in the clan, so that if theres no priests online, some mages / archers can log on the clan priest and so gain DKP for themselves, and help clan do the boss.

anyways, then if some1 has 100 dkp and other1 has 10 dkp, and theres a shell piece drop, and both of them want it, the one with more dkp can "buy" the shell piece with his dkp...

i think this is way better system than the clan leader deciding who to give the items to. also this way ppl who are active kiling bosses get the drops they need.
    DKP = dragon kill points, a term from EQ. A newer term from WoW is RPP, or Raid Participation Points. Most people do still call it DKP though

I think those systems are shit because all they do is perpetuate favoritism. The leaders can decide they want people to be very very active and award more DKP per boss kill than is spent on a high class item. In this way, people who are 100% active stay on top forever and people that have real life responsibilties are completely screwed. Bad system that's too easy to abuse IMO. MeeP has it right, effective clans just KNOW who is to get what dropped, no questions asked. Greedy people are retarded and immature, if you keep doing your part its only a matter of time before you get your items too.

idefix

i liked dkp system, dont think its so good in KO though, coz basically u can do most the bosses with 3 players lol... tank + 2 healers, some bosses require 2 tanks and/or drainers in addition, but in WOW it kinda requires 40 ppl to do a raid, and usually they had like 3dkp per attempt of raggy, and 5 attempts max. but bosses are a bit different in KO than wow -.- in KO its just luck if u find em tbh.

Banned

sorry was to late on this i will tell u how ares works....we have never had a problem....and if some people have gotten pissed they are not clan material and soon leave....which is what happens....cause some dont think that rules should be followed...so long as u set up guidelines for getting awards(drops) and all that stuff no one can really bitch...and as a leader u must be fair and have not just yourself but a council to vote or outvote u in my case

rule 1 for this
    8.-All Boss are clandrops, even if u SOLO. Remember this list only applies to BOSSES. Exp/Farming parties do not apply. Unless they are on the list of non boss's
    We have a rewards program based on monthly Award Points you total
    there are a few boss we dont consider to be boss material so they dont cout

now some people do 2 or more clan is clan drop...solo is yours....we got rid of that cause when u have high levels mixed with low levels or high level warrriors and high level mages...the mages get screwed cause they cant really solo anything...so we did anything is clan drop so all will call on other to help....if u know its clan drop and u can kill it solo....but u wont get it for yourself....why not call on your clan to help....WE ARE A TEAM SO WHY NOT ACT LIKE IT...CLAN IS FAMILY CALL YOUR FAMILY FOR HELP

now how i give out our awards
    Here is the way this goes

1st. never ask for a award or you will never get one

2nd. awards are given out based on me .... i assign them as i see fit to people who deserve them but before i do this the officers must vote against me if they see i am not doing it properly so out of 7 of us they need 5 NO votes to over turn me....if 5 of them say i am not giving it out to the right person or doing it by favoritism then that person does not get that item....so basically i will assign it to someone and if 5 officers dont agree with why and who i am giving it to then it does not happen

3rd. if you ever leave clan you must return anything rewarded by clan that is not a consumable item

4th. only members who have been in clan for 1 months or more and active will recieve awards that are helping the clan in all

5th. level 61+ members will get items only that are of the highest unique....other lesser drops lower levels will get if it will benfit them

all this shit is posted before hand so when new member come to apply on our forums....they see all...if they dont like.....DONT JOIN US....if they join then they whine....fuck off cause it was posted and we follow our rules

some exceptions are made but very rarely

for most part we do well with this and have...sure it would be nice when i am in bowl and i get a drop solo i would not have to hand it over...but as a clannie my leader should realize who got that drop and if it were not for me....it would not be in clan bank....so the awards should go to people who pk and go to war....well uber ones anyway

i do my personal awards based on who is leveling and who is pking and goes to war

someone who is leveling only will not get a WE over someone who is pking alot more or higher level.....that person should get a leveling item for there class

well anyways thats us...very structured ran like a business...if u dont like it get out...if u can adhere to the rules when u joined then stay and become core

i myself took my 1st clan drop after a year and a half of never awarding my self even when i shit equips....so do what u think is right based on all

p.s. we have 7 total officers that do things in clan and vote on clan affairs...its not just me that leads....votes are 4 to 3 to pass

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast