Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

How is Knight Online?

This is a discussion on How is Knight Online? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I have not played KO in many years now and was thinking about making a return. Which are the active ...
Page: 1

Default How is Knight Online?

I have not played KO in many years now and was thinking about making a return.
    Which are the active servers with the most competitive english speaking clans?
    I don't even recognise many of the server names anymore and understand most were merged. Is this due to a dwindling population?

Are there any old schoolers still around from the Beramus beta days back in 2006 that play? *Nostalgia*

Knight Online is a dying game, the servers being merged is indeed because of activity reasons. The official servers are expensive to play, and i do believe the most english players are playing private servers nowadays, there is a server on steam-knight online called Cypher, that had the most english players on it but even that server has no population left. (inb4 some1 tells you it does, no they don't.) one of the older servers named Gordion still has a decent amount of english players on it and once was C-west.

If you value english players so much, you could also join the steam server Hellsgarem where regions such as turkey are blocked, but i fear it is an even bigger ghost town over there than c-west was in their worst days.

apart of that, if you're looking for the most active server u should take a look at Manes in USKO. it released +/- 2 months ago and has an insane population, sadly there isn't as many english players as i hoped there to be, still i do believe communication with turks has been improved alot in comparison to years ago. heck maybe they will even study english someday :O
    Options, itzmad, aRmal and 1 others like this.

MadMan Senior Member SacredHealDane's Avatar

Ko4Fun is a new and interesting server i'd say , Usko files fresh start and works as a private server.
    I would suggest u going there alot of English speaking clans and turkish as CZ fresh meat.

arn't you bigwill from Diez?

I played Area, Diez, Beramus, Cypher, Manes (The older one) and possibly some others, but forgot the names of the servers ^^

I just checked out ko4fun and it looks like they have 7 players online.. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Bigwill666 View Post
    I played Area, Diez, Beramus, Cypher, Manes (The older one) and possibly some others, but forgot the names of the servers ^^

I just checked out ko4fun and it looks like they have 7 players online.. :/
    i bought BigWill a warrior way back on diez, was like level 62 ha i think it was you :P

Little archer Senior Member

The fun of KO is being competitive at the start of a server. Being an average player at the start or trying to be competitive in a server that is already old is pointless and a complete waste of time in my opinion.

As for the choices, there are 3: USKO (idk why its still called usko and not trko, even the servers location is in turkey), SteamKO and private servers. Your 'success' as a player will be primarily determined by how much usd you are willing to spend, and in second place comes the time you are going to put in. Honorable mentions come to skill in gameplay; almost made the list but came out short.

The gameplay itself is a shell of its former self. It can still be fun but youve got to keep in mind that youre pretty much playing against robots. Every turk / turk wannabe use a mouse or keyboard macro / pedal. Whether its a rogue or a warrior, or even a priest. Even the grinding is automated now, with genie system being a way to exp while afk (paid legal koxp basically).

Customer support is slightly better, but still shit. English population doesnt exceed 1 or 2 small clans in the latest released servers, and the one english-only server is not nearly as active as other international ones.

All in all, there is no reason to return unless you have people to play with or are really nostalgic about it. If you cant help it either way then wait for a new server or try private ones. Would recommend usko manes but you are way too late to the party (released 2 months ago).
    Bathory likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    The fun of KO is being competitive at the start of a server. Being an average player at the start or trying to be competitive in a server that is already old is pointless and a complete waste of time in my opinion.

As for the choices, there are 3: USKO (idk why its still called usko and not trko, even the servers location is in turkey), SteamKO and private servers. Your 'success' as a player will be primarily determined by how much usd you are willing to spend, and in second place comes the time you are going to put in. Honorable mentions come to skill in gameplay; almost made the list but came out short.

The gameplay itself is a shell of its former self. It can still be fun but youve got to keep in mind that youre pretty much playing against robots. Every turk / turk wannabe use a mouse or keyboard macro / pedal. Whether its a rogue or a warrior, or even a priest. Even the grinding is automated now, with genie system being a way to exp while afk (paid legal koxp basically).

Customer support is slightly better, but still shit. English population doesnt exceed 1 or 2 small clans in the latest released servers, and the one english-only server is not nearly as active as other international ones.

All in all, there is no reason to return unless you have people to play with or are really nostalgic about it. If you cant help it either way then wait for a new server or try private ones. Would recommend usko manes but you are way too late to the party (released 2 months ago).
    Amazing words.

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

Everyone is just going to tell you to play their server ( like im going to ), like screamer with manes, all it takes is a 5 minute search of his name to see how much he shit talks other servers. Best bet is to just log into one, spend a few hours playing there, if you don't like it move on.

But since you asked, most thoughts on hellsgarem is a lie, is it cwest? no, but there's 3-4 nearly full english clans on each side, and then tons of spanish clans who also speak enough english to join.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearWinter View Post
    Everyone is just going to tell you to play their server ( like im going to ), like screamer with manes, all it takes is a 5 minute search of his name to see how much he shit talks other servers. Best bet is to just log into one, spend a few hours playing there, if you don't like it move on.

But since you asked, most thoughts on hellsgarem is a lie, is it cwest? no, but there's 3-4 nearly full english clans on each side, and then tons of spanish clans who also speak enough english to join.
    talking facts has nothing to do with my own personal preference, unlike you who just said hellsgarem has even something close to a decent activity and we both know that isn't true, don't we?

meanwhile manes ED:

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearWinter View Post

Hellsgarem has the biggest english community, true, but also the smallest player base out of any KO server currently out there. Even that new KO4Fun server has a bigger population overall, so you'll ultimately have more PK on that private server than Hellsgarem.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    Hellsgarem has the biggest english community, true, but also the smallest player base out of any KO server currently out there. Even that new KO4Fun server has a bigger population overall, so you'll ultimately have more PK on that private server than Hellsgarem.
    I think a bigger part of PK servers like KO4Fun is that people only log in to go to Moradon or CZ. So basically if USKO server has 2000 players and 10% of those players are in CZ, you only need a server with like 400-500 players to match the PK activity.

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    I think a bigger part of PK servers like KO4Fun is that people only log in to go to Moradon or CZ. So basically if USKO server has 2000 players and 10% of those players are in CZ, you only need a server with like 400-500 players to match the PK activity.
    But the issue is, Hellsgarem doesn't have 2k+, it probably barely scratches 200-300, and it's evident in moradon, in CZ, and in CSW, but yeah, I understand your point.

hellsgarem is dead bro period.

Quote Originally Posted by TankxD View Post
    hellsgarem is dead bro period.
    another useless troll.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast